Windows 10: Looking for assistance on a corrupt file

Discus and support Looking for assistance on a corrupt file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I ran the sfc scan and found this corrupt file. Was wondering if anybody has any idea how to repair. I tried downloading a new file and replacing it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by andreyu519, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Looking for assistance on a corrupt file

I ran the sfc scan and found this corrupt file. Was wondering if anybody has any idea how to repair. I tried downloading a new file and replacing it but it wont let me. I also tried booting with the windows installer to repair start up but failed as well. Thank you in advance!2021-07-30 23:57:28, Info CSI 00000239 Hashes for file member [l:11]'msvproc.dll' do not match. Expected: {l:32 ml:33 b:8885668c607bfdae1df82732579b54a38c4b1999c1e201756fbbd7c61058154e}. Actual: {l:32 b:05714cfc0f949b213f737e04f54e5e11fd11ca235991345f9ba20d04df1814bb}. 2021-07-30 23:57:28, Info

:)

andreyu519, Jul 31, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 31, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Update Assistant restarts after downloading 82%

Hi,

The issue may occur due to corrupted system files. In order for us to assist you better, please answer the following questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are there any error messages?

In the mean time, we suggest you to performing the steps provided in this article:

Fix Windows update issues
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Looking for assistance on a corrupt file

Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: Add or remove accounts on your PC

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Looking for assistance on a corrupt file

1. Looking for assistance on a corrupt file - Similar Threads - Looking assistance corrupt

2. Unexplained File Deletion and Corruption Issue - Seeking Assistance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexplained File Deletion and Corruption Issue - Seeking Assistance: Hello community, I've encountered a perplexing issue that I haven't experienced in my extensive history of dealing with computers since the days of the 8088 processor. While attempting to print a document, I was alarmed to find that every single document folder on ALL of my...
  3. Unexplained File Deletion and Corruption Issue - Seeking Assistance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexplained File Deletion and Corruption Issue - Seeking Assistance: Hello community, I've encountered a perplexing issue that I haven't experienced in my extensive history of dealing with computers since the days of the 8088 processor. While attempting to print a document, I was alarmed to find that every single document folder on ALL of my...
  4. Unexplained File Deletion and Corruption Issue - Seeking Assistance

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. i am in corruption hell and need assistance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am in corruption hell and need assistance: to make the story short: pc bluescreened while installing a game overcooked 2 i believe. the error was "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION.", my pc is a hunk of trash sometimes so bluescreens occur ~once a year. so i shrugged it off and waited for the reboot. "windows couldn't repair...
  6. i am in corruption hell and need assistance

i am in corruption hell and need assistance: to make the story short: pc bluescreened while installing a game overcooked 2 i believe. the error was "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION.", my pc is a hunk of trash sometimes so bluescreens occur ~once a year. so i shrugged it off and waited for the reboot. "windows couldn't repair...
  7. Can someone look at this dump file and assist me in fixing the issue? ----- The bugcheck...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone look at this dump file and assist me in fixing the issue? ----- The bugcheck...: XMP is off because it always crashes my computer when I turn it on. I believe this had to do with system memory. If I am wrong sorry and please correct me or tell me how to fix it.I went through a crash a couple of weeks back due to my video card 6600xt drivers malfunctioning...
  8. Can someone look at this dump file and assist me in fixing the issue? ----- The bugcheck...

Can someone look at this dump file and assist me in fixing the issue? ----- The bugcheck...: XMP is off because it always crashes my computer when I turn it on. I believe this had to do with system memory. If I am wrong sorry and please correct me or tell me how to fix it.I went through a crash a couple of weeks back due to my video card 6600xt drivers malfunctioning...
  9. 3 BSODs in the past month and looking for assistance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3 BSODs in the past month and looking for assistance: Hello,I have gotten 3 different bluescreens in the past month. I have used my computer for dozens of hours in-between. Typically BIOS/windows/drivers are always latest or just one behind. No major changes to my setup. I did change my RAM from 3600 to 3200 as AMD states that...
  10. .jar file text always looking corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .jar file text always looking corrupted: Whenever I open a jar file any text inside of it just looks like its corrupted. As example, thescreenshot here is my most recent encounter. It's just a Minecaft tool but I have the same with any jar file and I have no idea why. My first guess is that it came from me changing...