Windows 10: Looking for Assistance on consistent BSOD on Dell XPS 7390

Discus and support Looking for Assistance on consistent BSOD on Dell XPS 7390 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had random Blue Screens for the last year since I got this laptop in March 2020. Every time it's a different error, I finally reinstalled Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by coolm19, Mar 14, 2021.

1. coolm19 Win User

Looking for Assistance on consistent BSOD on Dell XPS 7390

I've had random Blue Screens for the last year since I got this laptop in March 2020. Every time it's a different error, I finally reinstalled Windows fully, with a format last week and my computer is still blue screening.

I get a lot of these errors in Event Viewer:

'The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck' and a lot of Distributed COM Warnings.

I've made sure drivers are up to date on Dell's site, reloaded Windows as I mentioned, but oftentimes I come back to my computer during the day and it's been rebooted.

:)

coolm19, Mar 14, 2021
  2. alucasa Win User

Dell M6400 Laptop - BSOD Installing XP Pro X32

There should be. Otherwise, you wouldn't have had XP in the first place. Unless you have to absolutely use XP for some older programs that no longer work with 7, I'd suggest you jump the boat and use 7.

Having owned two DELL laptops so far, I know that their OS restore CDs often come with slightly modified drivers to make it work without getting BSOD. For a good example, my Dell XPS M1330, it has vista home premium 32bit. If I use a regular vista 32bit CD, it will get BSOD during install. I have to use DELL's OS restore CD to get it installed.

alucasa, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Hoodlum Win User
    Dell XPS 9560 - Daily BSODs

All steps completed. Had to install the new drivers from safe mode, as Windows kept automatically re-installing them too quickly from normal boot.

Unfortunately, monitor has not started working again.

Many thanks for your patience in trying to help.

Requested drive test result images, referring to post #7:

Steps 3 - 11:
    Code:
    Step 14 (HDTune):

Looking for Assistance on consistent BSOD on Dell XPS 7390 [​IMG]

Step 15 (SeaTools):

Step 16 (HD Sentinel):

Hoodlum, Mar 14, 2021
  4. A. User Win User

Dell 7390 Webcam not working

I have a Dell 7390 2 in 1 with a camera that is not being seen. The laptop firmware reports the camera is there and working, but once in windows it says not camera detected, and device manager does not show a camera.

Dell 7390

Windows 10 v1909 O/S and Drivers updated

SFC completed, updated O/S, and dell drivers updated.

Dell Diagnostics report no no issues and that camera is working

Device manager does not show a camera but does show bad bluetooth and USB Composite errors.

A. User, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Looking for Assistance on consistent BSOD on Dell XPS 7390 - Similar Threads - Looking Assistance consistent

2. Dell Latitude 7390 No Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Latitude 7390 No Boot: Hello,I got the Dell Latitude 7390 a few months ago and it was working totally fine up until my family and I traveled. The place we went to didn’t have connection so I tried to get a VPN but it it took a while to download. After I finished downloading it I tried to open the...
  3. Dell Latitude 7390 No Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Latitude 7390 No Boot: Hello,I got the Dell Latitude 7390 a few months ago and it was working totally fine up until my family and I traveled. The place we went to didn’t have connection so I tried to get a VPN but it it took a while to download. After I finished downloading it I tried to open the...
  4. Dell Latitude 7390

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Latitude 7390: My laptop does not boot, if it does it shows some random screen and says date and time not set and when i try to set it, it does not work. Somehow after the laptop boots up it lags and shuts down on its own. The keyboard of the laptop does not work, so i have to use an...
  5. Dell Latitude 7390

Dell Latitude 7390: My laptop does not boot, if it does it shows some random screen and says date and time not set and when i try to set it, it does not work. Somehow after the laptop boots up it lags and shuts down on its own. The keyboard of the laptop does not work, so i have to use an...
  6. Consistent BSOD issues on Dell XPS17

Consistent BSOD issues on Dell XPS17: Hello,I've been having fairly regular BSOD issues on my Dell XPS17. They have been happening while I'm not at my computer, so I haven't seen the error codes on the BSOD. They have been happening since the computer was new in July of 2021. I've reinstalled the operating...
  7. BSOD Bugcheck code 0x000000c2 Dell XPS 7390 Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Bugcheck code 0x000000c2 Dell XPS 7390 Windows 10: Hi , I keep getting BSOD's recently and the Event viewer is showing the bugcheck code : 0x000000c2 . I ran the mini dump with the DebugDiag tool. it provided the below details In 012621-15187-01.dmp the instruction at nt!KeBugCheckEx caused a kernel BugCheck C2 with...
  8. Consistent BSOD even after reinstall. Looking for assistance

Consistent BSOD even after reinstall. Looking for assistance: Having some consistent BSOD issues relating to ntoskrrnl.exe as given by BlueScreenView. Since the consistent every other day issues I've since: 1 upgraded ram 2 updated bios 3 explored updated chipset drivers 4 fresh install 5 chkdsk and win10 memtests In addition...
  9. Dell 7390 Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell 7390 Webcam not working: I have a Dell 7390 2 in 1 with a camera that is not being seen. The laptop firmware reports the camera is there and working, but once in windows it says not camera detected, and device manager does not show a camera. Dell 7390 Windows 10 v1909 O/S and Drivers updated SFC...
  10. Dell XPS 9560 - Daily BSODs

Dell XPS 9560 - Daily BSODs: Hey all - just to start by saying thank you for giving your time to help people out with issues like this. Background - I've had my Dell XPS 9560 laptop for about 2 years now. For the majority of that time, it's been rock solid, apart from having to swap out the original...