Windows 10: Looking for assistance with my computer hanging/freezing repeatedly

Discus and support Looking for assistance with my computer hanging/freezing repeatedly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, so my custom built gaming computer has been having issues with hanging/freezing, even when i'm not playing games, but also when i'm playing games.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wowzer107, Dec 8, 2019.

1. wowzer107 Win User

Looking for assistance with my computer hanging/freezing repeatedly

Hi, so my custom built gaming computer has been having issues with hanging/freezing, even when i'm not playing games, but also when i'm playing games. It occasionally unfreezes right after, but sometimes it just freezes for a long time and i'm forced to just restart my computer. I recently reformatted my computer, cleaning all the drives to try and fix the issue, but it is still occurring. I figure it is either a hardware or software issue as a result.

If someone could help me identify the problem so it could be fixed, or otherwise, i'd be greatly appreciative.

Here are some of the specs (if relevant):

Processsor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50 GHz (AMD R9 200)

8GB of ram

64 bit

:)

wowzer107, Dec 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 Freeze / Hang

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Ramesh.Kumar on this

thread
    . To know more on how to resolved your issue with Windows 10 screen freeze/ hang.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Looking for assistance with my computer hanging/freezing repeatedly

My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Mia,

You laptop freezing and hanging could be caused by different possible scenarios. For us to address your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made on your computer? Like an update or a new programs was installed.
    • Was there a specific activity you were on when the computer freezes.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Looking for assistance with my computer hanging/freezing repeatedly

1. Looking for assistance with my computer hanging/freezing repeatedly - Similar Threads - Looking assistance computer

2. Computer suddenly hang/freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suddenly hang/freeze: These days my laptop keep hanging/freezing suddenly when I am using it. There is also a bzzzz-ing sound too everytime it hangs. What could be the problem and how do I fix this? This annoys me a lot since it occurs at least 3 times a day everytime I turn on my computer. Due to...
  3. Computer suddenly hang/freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer suddenly hang/freeze: These days my laptop keep hanging/freezing suddenly when I am using it. There is also a bzzzz-ing sound too everytime it hangs. What could be the problem and how do I fix this? This annoys me a lot since it occurs at least 3 times a day everytime I turn on my computer. Due to...
  4. Keyboard skips freezes repeats characters mouse hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard skips freezes repeats characters mouse hangs: I've been experiencing random keyboard repeats / delays. Also, frozen mouse inputs. Like, the keys randomly just repeat as I type or the mouse fails to move when I move it. Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws 10 that there is an ea . That wholssssssssssssssssss sentence above was supposed to...
  5. Keyboard skips freezes repeats characters mouse hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard skips freezes repeats characters mouse hangs: I've been experiencing random keyboard repeats / delays. Also, frozen mouse inputs. Like, the keys randomly just repeat as I type or the mouse fails to move when I move it. Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws 10 that there is an ea . That wholssssssssssssssssss sentence above was supposed to...
  6. Computer freezing/hanging at random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing/hanging at random times: Hey all Recently my computer custom built has been freezing which usually starts with audio cutting out then the screen Freezing along with all the mouse and keyboard inputs. The only way I can solve it is by holding the power button and then Turing the computer back on which...
  7. Computer Freeze and then Restarts. Repeatedly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freeze and then Restarts. Repeatedly: Hi Guys/Girls. First off English is not my best language im Afrikaans and from south Africa. I Built my wife a computer that she can use in the office. it was fine for years. So after doing a Gpu Upgrade and also rebuilding the Pc into a new pretty Pink case with Rgb lights...
  8. Computer freezing/hanging.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezing/hanging.: My computer has recently started hanging and freezing randomly. i would be doing light tasks like shopping and surfing the web, and it would completely freeze. Ctrl+alt+Del, double pressing Esc, And Alt Tab all don't help. i have currently tried: Taking out and cleaning my...
  9. My computer repeatedly freezes at bootup. What's going on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer repeatedly freezes at bootup. What's going on?: I have an HP TouchSmart 9100, intel Core 2 Duo, Windows 10 PC. I recently installed Minecraft, and since then it has been having startup problems. It runs fine, but for it to fully start, I need to use a System Restore point. What could be the source of the problem? Is it...
  10. Computer freezing/hanging on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing/hanging on startup: Whenever I turn my computer on it will either freeze or hang on the startup screen with the logo and the dots. I've had Windows 10 for around 2 months but I've never had this problem until a few days ago. I've tried start-up repair, system restore and clean booting but they...