Windows 10: Looking for Audio Player Recommendations

Discus and support Looking for Audio Player Recommendations in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently got a new audio setup and have been playing all of my ripped CDs (in WAV format) using Windows Media Player. I'm not pleased with it, to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JOSHSKORN, Dec 31, 2017.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

Looking for Audio Player Recommendations

I recently got a new audio setup and have been playing all of my ripped CDs (in WAV format) using Windows Media Player. I'm not pleased with it, to be honest. Here's why:
    • It always starts on the exact same song
    • The current song isn't very easily displayed. There's only one line in small text that shows song information, switching between Artist name, song title, Album name I think. I'd like it in a bit larger text, but at least for the song title & artist to stay there.
    • I would love for it to display the lyrics, if that's possible. Windows Media Player, does not.
    Otherwise, it does the job for me. I'm just wondering if there's anything better. Not sure if I need an Equilizer or not.

Here's my audio setup:
    • Receiver: Yamaha RX-V383
    • Speakers: KEF Q100s (pair)

:)

JOSHSKORN, Dec 31, 2017

2. Looking for recommendations

Hi reborn018,

Thank you for your post.

The recommended headset to be used with this device is the Nokia Stereo Headset WH-102. You can find out about it on the Link below:

Browse Nokia phones

Regards

Raoul_Duke

Raoul_Duke---01, Dec 31, 2017
  3. reborn018 Win User
    Looking for recommendations

Hi there.

I currently have the X3-02 with HS-43 as my headset. Recently it seems the lower volume button is no longer working and with losing the ear buds, I've decided i'll get myself a new headset. I figured I would just get another HS-43 however the shops i've
    been looking at seem to have them out of stock and while Play.com has them marked as in stock, i've had the experience in the past of where that is a lie.

Anywho, basically i'm looking for a replacement headset however images for various headsets are not clear enough. Basically the reason I like the current headset is because I want the neck band and prefer the ear buds compared to the gel ones.

Having volume controls or call controls would also be helpful, they don't necessarily have to be Nokia ones. If people know of any headsets that cover at least the two above things - that would be helpful.

Thanks. ~

reborn018, Dec 31, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

@JOSHSKORN

1. I have no idea why it starts on the same song, unless you're resuming previous playlists or not closing the player completely.

2. I'm not aware of any way to show more information in WMP 'Now Playing' mode, with the exception of "Windows Media Player Taskband", (which still works in Windows 10, btw), which shows info for a short period of time on mouse hover.
    Enable WMP Taskband:
    Windows Media Player Taskband

3. WMP requires a Plug-in to show lyrics.
    (Downloading and running some Plug-ins from the internet can be 'sketchy'! I'll leave that up to you! Use CAUTION!)

Other media players have 'show lyrics' capabilities but, most of them require you to have an .lrc (lyric) file of every track in every folder!

Best of luck in your search. If I come across anything else, I'll post about it.

Looking for Audio Player Recommendations [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 1, 2018
  5. Devildog Win User
    I enjoy using Windows Media Player Classic, very nice interface with lots of settings, it has support for x86 & x64 OS's. Also VLC is another nice one.

Devildog, Jan 1, 2018
  6. pyramid10 Win User
    Audacious on Desktop. While display of lyrics would be nice, such projects are not monetized or incentivized legitimately.

On Windows Phone, I was happy with the default on 8.1. Upgrade to 10 gave me Groove. The app didn't do a thing. Tried five other apps from the Store, including VLC. The sixth, Extreme Music, works well.

pyramid10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Looking for Audio Player Recommendations - Similar Threads - Looking Audio Player

2. looking for external ssd drive recommendations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    looking for external ssd drive recommendations: i'm looking for reliable and fast ssd drive, that will use as my system drive (windows 10). what should i be looking for? (500gb is enough) should i buy usb3 drive or m.2 drive connected via usb3 enclosure? will that be giving me some advantage? 174624
  3. Looking to upgrade to 1440p from 1080p. Looking for Monitor recommendations.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Looking to upgrade to 1440p from 1080p. Looking for Monitor recommendations.: Considering upgrading from 1080p to 1440p. Main use will be gaming. Games like COD, Rust, Siege, etc... Secondary for Movies and Youtube. Looking for 27" only 32 is way too big for me. I hear IPS is superior to VA and TN but have no set preference. There's a lot of options to...
  4. Media Player Recommendations

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Player Recommendations: Having had a look at some old threads in this subreddit, I see that quite a few people had problems getting Windows Media Player to work properly on their computers (player won't launch or can't play certain file types). I was wondering what is the best (preferably free)...
  5. Questions about PotPlayer and Audio Player Recommendations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questions about PotPlayer and Audio Player Recommendations: Could I please get some recommendations for audio players? Some reading suggests that VLC is not optimized for audio. PotPlayer seems to be highly recommended but unfortunately the installers are bundled with adware. In fact, I contacted PotPlayer customer support asking why...
  6. LOOKING fOR 16gb ddr4 ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ?

LOOKING fOR 16gb ddr4 ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ?: LOOKING fOR 16gb ddr4 ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ? [img] 147444
  7. Looking for a windows 10 audio player that has smart speed

Looking for a windows 10 audio player that has smart speed: Many podcast apps have added the ability speed up audio without increasing the pitch. Are there windows 10 apps that can do this? Overcast, the app I use, has a smart speed feature that cuts out gaps between words. Any implementation on windows? submitted by...
  8. Looking for a music player

Looking for a music player: I need to make playlists from local files, but I want the playlists to have images. Spotify doesn't work in my country. I really want it to be UWP, but normal works as well. VLC UWP is the closest I've found, but the playlists don't let you add covers submitted by...
  9. Looking for racing game recommendations.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for racing game recommendations.....: OK, so first I'll go ahead and make it clear that I suck at racing. I'm normally accustomed to RPGs, action/adventure, and FPS titles. But I'd like to try something different. I last remember playing an NFS title on PC many years ago, something where you could play as either...
  10. Looking for recommendations for a surround sound system

Looking for recommendations for a surround sound system: Hey, I'm looking to buy a good surround sound system (5.1 or 7.1, doesn't really make a difference to me). Any recommendations on what i should look for? Also, will my surround work properly if i connect it to my TV then connect that TV to my computer via HDMI? 41900