Windows 10: looking for best usb game controller compatible with win10

Discus and support looking for best usb game controller compatible with win10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have really gotten into Asphalt 8 : Airborne racing game, wondering if playing it on keyboard is holding me back. What is a good usb game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tcman50, Sep 8, 2015.

1. tcman50 Win User

looking for best usb game controller compatible with win10

I have really gotten into Asphalt 8 : Airborne racing game, wondering if playing it on keyboard is holding me back.

What is a good usb game controller that is compatible with windows 10?

Thanks
    TC *Smile

:)

tcman50, Sep 8, 2015

2. Screensaver won't work in Windows 10 with game controllers connected

After doing some searching I found that the reason for the screensaver to not work anymore after I upgraded to Win10 from Win7 is there seems to be a bug of some kind in Win10 where the screensaver won't start after the specified time when you have USB game
    controllers connected.

In my case I have 3 game controllers connected, a Saitek Throttle Quadrant and a pair of CH Prouducts game controllers (one flight yoke and pedals).

For now I'm working around the issue by disabling my game controllers whenever I don't use them but it would be very nice not having to do this manually all the time in order to have your screensaver working.

Is this an issue MS will look into or is this something that must be addressed by the developers of the game controllers?

WebMaximus, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Xbox360 controller will not work on Windows 10

Original Title: Game controllers

I have an Xbox360 controller that will not work on Win10.

I plug in a wired controller to a USB port but nothing happens.

HELP.

Terry eb Woods, Sep 8, 2015
  4. looking for best usb game controller compatible with win10

I use an Xbox One controller on my Windows 10 PC. It's far and away the best controller I've ever used.

blackroseMD1, Sep 9, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    XBOX 360 Wireless controller for PC, my choice.

jds63, Sep 9, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Wait this is an iOS game it says, does that matter ?

jds63, Sep 9, 2015
  7. I use a Thrustmaster GPX gamepad (mocks the 360 gamepad) and works very well.

GamerwGlasses, Sep 10, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Good to know some have issues with non-microsoft Xbox 360 controllers, even MS controller,maybe can help here Xbox Controllers Not Working

jds63, Sep 10, 2015
  9. I second this, at the time I bought my controller the XboxONE controller wasn't wireless on pc, which is coming soon I believe.

TheSmokey76, Sep 14, 2015
  10. I tend to prefer the XB1 controller to the 360 version because the XB1's D-pad and shoulder buttons are much, much better than on the 360 controller. You really can't go wrong with either one though.

blackroseMD1, Sep 14, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    True gamer uses a keyboard and mouse *Wink what i always read on gamer sites. I recently started using Razer Nostromos Gamepad along with the mouse, now i rarely want to use the game controller for most games, especially games that you need to Aim as Sticks on gamepad become harder to do this.

jds63, Sep 14, 2015
  12. If I had the memory to remember keybindings, I would totally go M/KB. However, I do not, so I use a gamepad. *chuckle

blackroseMD1, Sep 15, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

Most games are geared towards keyboard and mouse, no need to change default keys. As easily as you remember your gamepad, as you would with default keyboard and mouse EasY in most games with xbox gamepad and keyboard and mouse because of prompts on screen to say push this now *092

Razer for me was more comfortable then keyboard itself, some games i had did not work with the gamepad at all or some not well, so i had not much choice.

looking for best usb game controller compatible with win10 [​IMG]

jds63, Sep 15, 2015
  14. jds63 Win User
    Really look so identical, although for me it's the sticks i have trouble with in games.

jds63, Sep 15, 2015
  15. @jds

There's a big difference between the D-pad on the 360 controller and the one on the XB1. If you look at the pics, you'll see that 360's D-pad is just a circle with a D-pad shape in the middle, whereas on the XB1 controller, the D-pad is fully defined and, in my testing between the two controllers, more responsive and less prone to directional mistakes when you press it.

blackroseMD1, Sep 16, 2015
Thema:

1. looking for best usb game controller compatible with win10 - Similar Threads - looking best usb

2. Compatibility with a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compatibility with a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad USB: Basically i have gotten a old sidewinder gamepad USB from my parents, the box says its copyright of 2002 and i'm curious what i can do with it currently, if anything i have a windows 10 computer and im wondering if ill need to get a older version of windows or if i can...
  3. Compatibility with a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility with a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad USB: Basically i have gotten a old sidewinder gamepad USB from my parents, the box says its copyright of 2002 and i'm curious what i can do with it currently, if anything i have a windows 10 computer and im wondering if ill need to get a older version of windows or if i can...
  4. Compatibility with a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox controller on win10 not work in games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox controller on win10 not work in games.: Hello. I bought a PowerA xbox usb controller to use on my win10 dell laptop. System sees controller and installed the driver, but doesn't work in games. I apologize for nube question....
  6. Best Gaming Laptop with windows 10 compatibility ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best Gaming Laptop with windows 10 compatibility ?: Hello, Friends, I was finding best gaming laptop from many days I got the info from this website - Top 10 Gaming Laptops in 2020 I am not an expert in these things so please guide me on which one is the best gaming laptop with windows 10 compatibility?...
  7. USB game controller adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB game controller adapter: I have a generic adapter and here is the problem. It's a ps2 controller to USB adapter and it's a dual adapter. When I plug in 2 controllers, neither one is recognized. It only works when there is just one controller plugged in. Is there a driver that I can download to fix...
  8. Looking for "Single shooter" games for my android game controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for "Single shooter" games for my android game controller: I have a MXq Max android TV box, 4GB Ram 64GB Rom, 64-bit 8.1 Oreo. I also have a game controller called GameSir which I bought solely for android video games. MY problem : All the "single shooter" games I found from Play Store are for mouse pointer, not for my game...
  9. Looking for a game controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for a game controller: I have games downloaded from Windows Store to my laptop which is running Win 10 version 1803 build 17134.376. Where can I get a controller for those games ? The mouse is not exactly ideal for some games. Thank you. P.S. The only video game console I have is Play Station 2. I...
  10. Win10 Game Controller input problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Game Controller input problem: Today after i turned on my computer i found my game controller no longer working. The computer say it is connected and recognizes the device, but no inputs are registered, at all. I have tried to uninstall and install the drivers again, i have tried different USB ports and...