Windows 10: Looking for correct video card driver

Discus and support Looking for correct video card driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using Win10TP 64-bit. I'm having trouble finding a correct driver for my NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT PCIe card. The OS just lists my driver as "Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jacatone, Oct 2, 2014.

1. jacatone Win User

Looking for correct video card driver

I'm using Win10TP 64-bit. I'm having trouble finding a correct driver for my NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT PCIe card. The OS just lists my driver as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". I did find one link below that lists a bunch of drivers for this cards but I don't know which one to use. Anyone know? Thanks. PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0402 hardware ID drivers, downloads and devices - awdit - The driver, software, & hardware database Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0402&SUBSYS_C7563842&REV_A1

:)

jacatone, Oct 2, 2014

2. WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE

Did you upgrade (manually visited the manufacturer's web page, located the correct device driver for your video card for Windows 10 usage and installed it) your video card device drivers?

Shenan Stanley, Oct 2, 2014
  3. magman1 Win User
    Wrong video card????

I just upgraded and it has the wrong video card help????? It shows Microsoft Basic Display Driver. I gave a GeForce 460 Hawk. I have the correct driver, but it will not let me install the correct one. In the properties I can not uninstall the driver. The
    box is grayed out so I can not click it. I am looking for a way to uninstall the basic one and put the correct one in. If anyone can help I will appeicate it a lot.

magman1, Oct 2, 2014
  4. Looking for correct video card driver

Hi

I just downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Nvidia and they work fine.
    I'm running a Geforce GTX 680 card.

I got them here...

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Automatically Detect NVIDIA Products

For me it detected my card and showed me the driver, which I would guess may be the same driver for your card. The drivers aren't necessarily card specific.

It will install the whole package that includes Geforce Experience which will tell you when to update etc.

When you install the driver select custom install and check the box that says Clean Install.
    It works better that way.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 2, 2014
  5. bromanbro Win User
    First things first, always try to download the official Graphics Drivers from Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
    Select "Geforce 8 Series", then "8600GT", then "Windows 8.1 64 bit". There will be Windows 10 drivers soon, but for now 8.1 drivers are fine.

ps: or just click the other guy's link. NVIDIA uses the same driver set for all their modern cards so you'll be good. Just make sure you get the 8.1 64bit ones.

bromanbro, Oct 2, 2014
  6. Boozad Win User
    Here's the one you need, 340.52.

Looking for correct video card driver [​IMG]

Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Looking for correct video card driver

1. Looking for correct video card driver - Similar Threads - Looking correct video

2. Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card: I just purchased a new MSI Stealth GS77 gaming laptop with a Geforce RTX 3060 with 6gb GDDR6 onboard, running the latest version of Windows 11. I downloaded the drivers for the RTX 3060 laptop GPU from Nvidia's website and installed them. Later, I decided to run Speccy to...
  3. Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card: I just purchased a new MSI Stealth GS77 gaming laptop with a Geforce RTX 3060 with 6gb GDDR6 onboard, running the latest version of Windows 11. I downloaded the drivers for the RTX 3060 laptop GPU from Nvidia's website and installed them. Later, I decided to run Speccy to...
  4. video card driver W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video card driver W10: how to obtain driver in W10 for saphire radeon HD4350 card in PC with AMD A8 processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card-driver-w10/b6526d8d-0411-44a8-9dd6-b8ee1042d77c
  5. incompatable video card drivers errer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    incompatable video card drivers errer: I was playing minecraft through tlauncher and it crashes and gave me this error code " incompatible video card drivers" and it also sometime does this thing where it goes from the screen im on to black and it does it until i close the program....
  6. video card drivers for windows 10

video card drivers for windows 10: So i recently got a ati radeon x600 from a older computer and i am trying to install it in my dell optiplex 790 SFF windows 10 computer and i can't find drivers anywhere but after i did a quick search on google to see if it was possible to download drivers for this device it...
  7. Looking For x64 Win 10 Driver For Quadro FX 560 Video Card

Looking For x64 Win 10 Driver For Quadro FX 560 Video Card: As a new x64 Win 10 1909 user (as of today), I can't seem to find a driver for my old Quadro FX 560 video card installed in a Dell T3500. Anyone have any suggestions for sources or experience in this area? Thanks, in advance, for any assistance. 146998
  8. checking if video card works correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    checking if video card works correctly: My display is just very slow on the web. Takes forever to load a page. Does not happen in other computers. What diagnostics can I run? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-if-video-card-works-correctly/a3218132-68b3-41f4-b447-8f664c76f853
  9. Video Driver / Card Issues

Video Driver / Card Issues: Hi! I was trying to start up a game through Origin after a long time of not playing and instead got an pop-up that said, "Can't run with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are...
  10. Looking for Windows 10 Video Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Looking for Windows 10 Video Card: I have an ATI Radeon 4870 that used to work in Windows 8.1. Drivers, Catalyst, everything. With Windows 10 upgrade. Nada. I'm running off the Microsoft drivers. So, can anyone suggest a new video card? Windows 10 compatible. 2Gb memory PCI -express 2.0 X 16 Nvidia...