Windows 10: Looking for documentation that Windows 10 Pro upgrade is allowed by Microsoft

Discus and support Looking for documentation that Windows 10 Pro upgrade is allowed by Microsoft in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, With regard to upgrading any Windows 7 machines to Windows 10 before the end of support, obviously the free upgrade has been gone for some time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CaptainPlanet908, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Looking for documentation that Windows 10 Pro upgrade is allowed by Microsoft

Hello,

With regard to upgrading any Windows 7 machines to Windows 10 before the end of support, obviously the free upgrade has been gone for some time now. However, I have read online and experienced personally that any Windows 7 Pro computer can be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro using the Installation Media tool that Microsoft offers. Windows 10 is activated no problem, all files are still there, and there's no special work-around that appears illegitimate. The question is, is there any documentation on this that Microsoft provides to show it is a legitimate solution in the event of a business audit? Or is it considered to not be a legitimate solution?

:)

CaptainPlanet908, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Looking for documentation that Windows 10 Pro upgrade is allowed by Microsoft

Microsoft to Introduce Windows 10 Pro for Workstation PCs

Microsoft is seemingly going to introduce another version of their Windows 10 operating system. After introducing Windows 10 S earlier in the year, followed by the "Chinafinitive" Windows 10 China Government Edition, the company is seemingly responding to specific market demands of professionals and enterprises. The new Windows 10 Pro for Workstation PCs (which was first leaked by Microsoft itself through an erroneous upload to the Insider Program) will apparently come in two variants, a standard variant, and the N variant, which is built to comply with EU regulations.

The new Windows 10 Pro for Workstation PCs will introduce ReFS, the successor to the tried and true NTFS file system. The new ReFS is designed for fault-tolerance and is optimized for handling large data volume, including auto-correcting capabilities and backwards-compatibility with NTFS. Additionally, Microsoft is baking in SMB Direct protocol file sharing in Windows 10 Pro for Workstation which allows for high throughput, low latency and low CPU utilization when accessing network shares. It will also introduce support for systems with up to four CPUs (up from Windows 10 and Windows 10 Pro dual CPU limit) and 6 TB of RAM.

Looking for documentation that Windows 10 Pro upgrade is allowed by Microsoft 616dcdd0eadc_thm.jpg

Source: ETeknix

Raevenlord, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Looking for documentation that Windows 10 Pro upgrade is allowed by Microsoft

1. Looking for documentation that Windows 10 Pro upgrade is allowed by Microsoft - Similar Threads - Looking documentation Pro

2. Windows 10 pro microsoft store upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro microsoft store upgrade: windows 10 home to pro microsoft store upgrade not working after motherboard change. Pls help me.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-microsoft-store-upgrade/9d98ea36-12e0-4f57-90b6-76a8f8cd8bf4
  3. Windows 10 pro microsoft store upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro microsoft store upgrade: windows 10 home to pro microsoft store upgrade not working after motherboard change. Pls help me.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-microsoft-store-upgrade/9d98ea36-12e0-4f57-90b6-76a8f8cd8bf4
  4. Windows 10 pro microsoft store upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MIcrosoft Store - Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MIcrosoft Store - Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I know this has been asked before on here and have Googled, but I have yet to really see a solution..... I purchased a Dell a few months ago, and just today attempted to upgrade via the Microsoft Store from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. Made the purchase at least MS...
  6. Looking for Windows 10 upgrade advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for Windows 10 upgrade advice: Hi there, I currently have a personal laptop running Windows 10 Home, I would like to upgrade this to Windows 10 Pro, I have been looking at education licences (Available for free via my university) I am mainly wondering about the differences between Pro and Education...
  7. Looking for a word document

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a word document: I started an assignment for school a few weeks ago on Microsoft word (on a PC with windows 10), I’m 95% sure I saved it but apparently not cause its gone. By gone I mean it’s not in the file recovery folder, it’s not in my recycling bin, and a file recovery software was...
  8. Microsoft Windows 10 home to Upgrade Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Windows 10 home to Upgrade Pro: Try to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro Have Key, Keeps giving me an error saying something went wrong try later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-10-home-to-upgrade-pro/13f91785-495b-468e-91a1-3a2542245653
  9. Documentation for Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Documentation for Windows 10 Pro: Is there any documentation for Windows 10 Pro? I am trying to dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Linux Mint, unfortunately all searches return for Windows 10. Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 are totally different. Can anyone help me out?...
  10. In-Box Documentation Confirms Windows 10 Cloud Can Be Upgraded to Pro

in Windows 10 News
    In-Box Documentation Confirms Windows 10 Cloud Can Be Upgraded to Pro: Earlier this week, I noted that the only way a Windows 10 Cloud edition would make sense is if it could be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Today, I can confirm that this is the case. That goes a long way towards answering the most common question I’ve received about Windows 10...