Windows 10: Looking for External USB WiFi adapter that supports Miracast

Discus and support Looking for External USB WiFi adapter that supports Miracast in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My PC (latest Win10) is connected via ethernet, and doesn't have wi-fi internal or any adapters. I want to miracast to a surface pro 2. What adapter or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrendanKOD, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Looking for External USB WiFi adapter that supports Miracast

My PC (latest Win10) is connected via ethernet, and doesn't have wi-fi internal or any adapters. I want to miracast to a surface pro 2. What adapter or dongle should I get to allow it to cast to the SP2? Most of the adapters talk about receiving the signal, but none talk about sending or casting, or mention having Wifi direct. Would any adaptor serve my purposes?

:)

BrendanKOD, Jun 4, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

ASUS USB-AC51 supports Miracast?

I want to buy this USB Wireless-AC adapter but I want to use it for Miracast would it be possible?

Looking for External USB WiFi adapter that supports Miracast [​IMG]

Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320176

I am currently using Intel Wireless-AC 7260 together with my Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter (MWDA) and it works really good, but i am not sure if every Wireless adapter has Miracast support.

puma99dk|, Jun 4, 2019
  3. How to get PC to support Miracast?

i got one, did not work

Kayn the Dogo, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Looking for External USB WiFi adapter that supports Miracast

How to get PC to support Miracast?

Miracast is not the same thing than Intel WiDi. All my laptops for instance support Miracast allowing me to cast to one of my two Microsoft Wireless Display Adapters on two different TVs, yet not a single one of my laptops supports WiDi.

Miracast has also nothing to do with CPU, it's a feature in modern wireless WiFi Direct network adapters (list of WLAN adapters supporting Miracast). Additionally the display adapter must support Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) (almost all modern display drivers support it).

For laptop buyers there's a simple "rule of thumb": If the laptop came with Windows 8.1 pre-installed, its WiFi adapter supports Miracast. This is not a factual rule per se, it's just that those laptops manufactured mid 2013 and later usually have WiFi Direct wireless network adapter. Windows supports Miracast starting from version 8.1.

Desktop owners without built-in WiFi adapter need to check that adapter they get is a Wi-Fi Direct CERTIFIED Miracast device.

For laptop users like me Miracast is really practical, allowing use of more than one external display. In fact, Edge browser I am using to browse the forums and type this reply is at the moment on an external display connected with Miracast.

Looking for External USB WiFi adapter that supports Miracast [​IMG]

Kari, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Looking for External USB WiFi adapter that supports Miracast

1. Looking for External USB WiFi adapter that supports Miracast - Similar Threads - Looking External USB

2. External usb adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External usb adapter: So ive got this mobi lock external ethernet adapter no clue what model its a usb 2.0 adapter when i first plugged it into the windows 11 tower if worked fine then one day stopped now i have a ethernet port in the back of the tower and it works when i plug in the ethernet cord...
  3. External usb adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External usb adapter: So ive got this mobi lock external ethernet adapter no clue what model its a usb 2.0 adapter when i first plugged it into the windows 11 tower if worked fine then one day stopped now i have a ethernet port in the back of the tower and it works when i plug in the ethernet cord...
  4. Do any Wifi USB adaptors support Miracast?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do any Wifi USB adaptors support Miracast?: I can’t find anything that states if a USB adapter will support Miracast or not. I have seen people claim that any Wifi adaptor will work but that is 100% not the case. Does anyone use a USB adapter for their PC and can confirm they can use Miracast? submitted by...
  5. Miracast support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Miracast support: Does my HP15 version 10.0.17763 have bluetooth capability? I am trying to install my Bose speaker and am having trouble. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/miracast-support/41eafcfa-f120-41ed-af9d-8bc718c9025d
  6. Miracast: Not Supported by WiFi driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miracast: Not Supported by WiFi driver: Could You Guys help me please?! I have a desktop pc(Asus Z97-AR, I7-4790k, Asus 1060 Gtx 6GB,WIN10 pro latest) and brand new samsung tv problem(U50RU7412U)...(My tv support miracast) I would like to play on tv and I can not display my pc to my tv. Wireless is necessary! I...
  7. Miracast Support

Miracast Support: Hello, I am having trouble getting my Windows 10 PC to display to a Miracast enabled display. I have an Intel Wireless-AC 9650 WiFi card which states in the product brief that it supports Miracast, however when I check the drivers in cmd I get the following: Interface...
  8. Non WiFI Enabled PC - Need Adapter that supports MiraCast

Non WiFI Enabled PC - Need Adapter that supports MiraCast: I have a non-wifi enabled Windows 10 PC and I bought the following adapter to make it WiFi enabled: realtek pcie gbe family controller I have an LG Wireless adapted TV that I want to mirror my screen onto Unfortunately, I have done WIN + R dxdiag and found that the...
  9. Miracast Support ?

Miracast Support ?: I was trying to see if my PC can use Miracast without using a Miracast Adapter. My Sony Bravia TV shows it supports Miracast. [img] [img] My PC i am not sure if it does one section on DxDiag does the other by Display shows it does not. Is it the Graphics card or Display...
  10. Miracast Problem with Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter

Miracast Problem with Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter: i m using win10 ver 1803. connectivity problem while using miracast. after doing lots of research i found the problem with Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter. My System Mac address is ba:81:98:26:20:c8. My system is showing Two Wifi direct virtual adapter,1. Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc usb wifi with miracast