Windows 10: Looking for free app to test RAM sticks and slots

Discus and support Looking for free app to test RAM sticks and slots in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having issues resulting in the BSOD and after doing a number of things, I have come to the conclusion that my problem is either a RAM stick and/or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by the_steve_randolph, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Looking for free app to test RAM sticks and slots

I am having issues resulting in the BSOD and after doing a number of things, I have come to the conclusion that my problem is either a RAM stick and/or a memory socket. Without going into EVERYTHING that I have already done and what else it might be, what I am doing here is simply asking for a free app to test RAM sticks and slots. I am hoping to identify specific sticks and/or slots. I am running a current version of Windows 11 on a gamer computer ASUS MB and G.SKILL RAM. The Windows Memory Diagnostics promises to tell me what it found after rebooting, but, it never does. Thanks.

:)

the_steve_randolph, Feb 12, 2023

2. Ram slot

Greetings my friend. Like 'Mike P', my dell has only two slots as well. There are several laptops that have four (4) ram slots. Lenovo, ASUS, some HP's and some dell's. I would suggest going to a website like newegg.com, or other computer accessory place,
    and looking at their memory/ram selections. Reading their details should provide some insight as to the number of slots.

Of course, if your budget allows, the more ram you have, the better the laptop will be.

I hope this helps.

Derek

DerekW USA, Feb 12, 2023
  3.  RAM TEST

I've had a few more BSODs, however when I went to create the usual dm log, I noticed it say there were no minidumps. My computer did recently update to Fall Creators, and I don't have the 'Disable automatic deletion of memory dumps when disk space is low' ticked, but the drive isn't even half full.

Anyways, I'm going to try some more troubleshooting steps and wanted to run them by the thread before actually doing them:
    - Re-seat graphics card and memory. Already done today, will be doing a test (aka, normal nightly gaming) to see if it crashes.
    - Move a crash-prone game to third hard drive and unplug current
    - Swap out my 1080 for my old 750TI I still have lying around
    - Buy a single 16GB DDR4 RAM stick and use that in a different slot. Unfortunately my cooler covers one of the memory slots, so I can have a max of 3 sticks. If nothing else, I'm upgrading to 32GB of RAM =P Probably last test b/c it involves spending money
    - Reinstall Windows

Anyone have a suggested order I should attempt these in? I'm thinking next step is probably either install on third drive and unplug second, or swap graphics cards

Void Concept, Feb 12, 2023
  4. philc43 Win User

Looking for free app to test RAM sticks and slots

RAM TEST

The crash reports continue to suggest memory corruption. I would run a memory diagnostic.

Diagnostic Test [/i] RAM TEST

Looking for free app to test RAM sticks and slots arrow.png
    Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Looking for free app to test RAM sticks and slots notesmall10.png
    Note
    Looking for free app to test RAM sticks and slots [​IMG]

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat in this way you will tests all the sticks and also the slots.

philc43, Feb 12, 2023
Thema:

Looking for free app to test RAM sticks and slots

1. Looking for free app to test RAM sticks and slots - Similar Threads - Looking free app

2. Looking for free app to test RAM sticks and slots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for free app to test RAM sticks and slots: I am having issues resulting in the BSOD and after doing a number of things, I have come to the conclusion that my problem is either a RAM stick and/or a memory socket. Without going into EVERYTHING that I have already done and what else it might be, what I am doing here is...
  3. Windows blue screen with 2 sticks of ram in dual channel slot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows blue screen with 2 sticks of ram in dual channel slot.: I just add new ram in my laptop before it was 1x8 gb and now it is 2x8 gb ram. Windows blue screen with 2 sticks of ram in dual channel slot. 1 ram works if it is use individually but when both is used it cause blue screen. I use a laptop msi. Intel i7 - 8750h GPU: Nvidia gtx...
  4. Windows blue screen with 2 sticks of ram in dual channel slot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows blue screen with 2 sticks of ram in dual channel slot.: I just add new ram in my laptop before it was 1x8 gb and now it is 2x8 gb ram. Windows blue screen with 2 sticks of ram in dual channel slot. 1 ram works if it is use individually but when both is used it cause blue screen. I use a laptop msi. Intel i7 - 8750h GPU: Nvidia gtx...
  5. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram Stick: Hi i just wanna ask question about my ram here is the problem my computer will stuck at login and get random bsod and freeze when i put both of my ram and my second ram is the suspect,Ive already use memtest and they all pass can i ask what the problem and should i buy a new...
  6. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram Stick: Hi i just wanna ask question about my ram here is the problem my computer will stuck at login and get random bsod and freeze when i put both of my ram and my second ram is the suspect,Ive already use memtest and they all pass can i ask what the problem and should i buy a new...
  7. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Ram Test

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ram Test: Good evening and happy new year to you all, after some searching and not finding a result, I think I better ask the experienced gentlemen and lady's here, is there an application to check my ram (free or retail) ? thank you. Windows 10 Pro - v2004 172169
  9. PC Won't boot when RAM sticks are in indicated slots, but WILL boot when in "wrong" slots.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Won't boot when RAM sticks are in indicated slots, but WILL boot when in "wrong" slots.: submitted by /u/Edgy_Gandalf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrqlkq/pc_wont_boot_when_ram_sticks_are_in_indicated/
  10. RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Or mobo ram slot problem: Noobie here! Just wanna ask cause I'm having troubles determining whether the ram or ram slot is the problem in my pc. My pc's been recently having BSOD saying "Machine check exception". I've tried every solutions online but it doesnt fix the problem, every time I try to...