Windows 10: Looking for help to connect my Pixel 2 XL phone to my win 10 PC using the "Your Phone" app

Discus and support Looking for help to connect my Pixel 2 XL phone to my win 10 PC using the "Your Phone" app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Need to add my Pixel 2 XL phone to the Win 10 devices list.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GeraldPaul1, May 15, 2019.

1. Looking for help to connect my Pixel 2 XL phone to my win 10 PC using the "Your Phone" app

Need to add my Pixel 2 XL phone to the Win 10 devices list.

:)

GeraldPaul1, May 15, 2019
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, May 15, 2019
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Looking for help to connect my Pixel 2 XL phone to my win 10 PC using the "Your Phone" app [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

4. malvoglio Win User

Looking for help to connect my Pixel 2 XL phone to my win 10 PC using the "Your Phone" app

BLUETOOTH connection problem (phone to PC only)

Have been unable for several months now to send photos, or any file, from Android Phone (MiA1, Android 9) to PC (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1809 running on LENOVO V33015IKB). Latest updates installed to both Android and Windows. Your Smartphone on PC: version 1.19032.731.0, Your Phone Companion on Android: version 3.4.5

Already tried switching "Battery optimization exception" in YPC to ON. Also tried additionally connecting phone to PC as a tethered hotspot. Both times no improvement.

What works:
    - sending any file from PC to phone via bluetooth
    - using "Continue on PC" to send link from phone via bluetooth to browser on PC

What doesn't work:
    - Share photo (or any file) from phone to PC via bluetooth symbol
    - Using Your Smartphone to load photos from phone

Expected behavior: the latter two should both work.

Went through the troubleshooting page https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/...roubleshooting and applied the steps therein:

In Windows -> System, system accounts are shown OK. In Shared Usage relevant settings are both switched ON.

In Windows settings, Your Smartphone "Allow to run as background app" ON.

Smartphone is not in airplane mode.

Logged into Microsoft account on both PC and phone.

"Do not disturb" on phone is OFF.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to mention, in phone cleared cache and cleared storage for Your Phone Companion

Disconnecting phone via accounts.microsoft.com/devices does not help.

Disconnecting phone via Windows Settings does not help.

Restarting Windows PC and reconnecting phone does not help.

Same problem regardless of whether PC is online via WiFi or via mobile Internet (USB stick).

And what is worse, now Your Smartphone no longer even shows the photos from the time when it used to work (though sending via "Send As" from PC to phone still works). Please help!

- - - Updated - - -

Eh ... this is odd ... and messy. After restarting PC a couple of times and this time hooking it up to WiFi, Your Smartphone now does update to the most recently taken 25 photos from phone ... but at the end also tells me "connection not possible" *Rolleyes

And all attempts to share a file (photo) from phone to PC via tapping on bluetooth icon still fail.

malvoglio, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Looking for help to connect my Pixel 2 XL phone to my win 10 PC using the "Your Phone" app

1. Looking for help to connect my Pixel 2 XL phone to my win 10 PC using the "Your Phone" app - Similar Threads - Looking help connect

2. Can't delete text messages on my Pixel 2 XL on the Your Phone App on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete text messages on my Pixel 2 XL on the Your Phone App on Windows 11: I have a new HP Laptop with Windows 11 Home Pro. I have followed the instructions and have successfully linked my Pixel 2 XL to the Your Phone App on the laptop. I have given all the permissions possible on my phone. I can send and receive messages from both devices. Message...
  3. Can't delete text messages on my Pixel 2 XL on the Your Phone App on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete text messages on my Pixel 2 XL on the Your Phone App on Windows 11: I have a new HP Laptop with Windows 11 Home Pro. I have followed the instructions and have successfully linked my Pixel 2 XL to the Your Phone App on the laptop. I have given all the permissions possible on my phone. I can send and receive messages from both devices. Message...
  4. I can't connect my phone with Your Phone app

I can't connect my phone with Your Phone app: Hello! I want to connect my phone to my PC again. This time it is not working. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-my-phone-with-your-phone-app/11617fb9-cc6c-489e-ae76-4b0b36133b47
  5. Issues connecting phone and PC using Your Phone app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues connecting phone and PC using Your Phone app.: I'm using a Surface Pro 7 with Samsung Note 10+. The connection worked fine when I first got my PC. At some point I got a message saying to make sur my PC and phone were connected to the same WIFI connection, which they are. The only thing that fixed it is a factory reset of...
  6. My Phone will not complete install on my phone app Your Phone

My Phone will not complete install on my phone app Your Phone: The drop downs didn't show the Your Phone app here. I have to go with "Social" for texting I guess? I have an LG Premier Pro phone. I want to use this MS Your Phone. I started on the PC, answered ANDROID and then it gave me no choice but to sign in on an MS account. I did. I...
  7. Your Phone app - my phone apps not showing up on PC

Your Phone app - my phone apps not showing up on PC: Hello, Have a Galaxy S10e and a Surface Pro X with Your Phone app installed. I cannot hear the other person when I try to receive calls. Making calls is fine. I don't see my android phone apps appearing on Your Phone on my pc and the Galaxy 10 series are on the approved...
  8. I can't connect my phone with your phone app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't connect my phone with your phone app: I am not able to connect with your phone app give me some solution to connect with your phone companion app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-my-phone-with-your-phone-app/87061088-baab-4ba9-a075-ae45caca3bbe
  9. I can't connect to my phone in YOUR PHONE app

I can't connect to my phone in YOUR PHONE app: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sumankr60 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5hlmq/i_cant_connect_to_my_phone_in_your_phone_app/
  10. Unable to connect my Pixel 3a to Your Phone app after getting a new PC

Unable to connect my Pixel 3a to Your Phone app after getting a new PC: Hi guys, I've had difficulty reconnecting my Pixel 3a to the Your Phone app after I bought a new Surface. I've signed in successfully on the app on the phone, but the PC app just hangs and hangs. I've tried logging out of everything and signing back in, but that didn't work....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pixel xl 2 connecting to your windows app

2. Phone Companion (YPC) connection problem