Windows 10: Looking for help with Windows 10 info not updating and apps soft locking.

Discus and support Looking for help with Windows 10 info not updating and apps soft locking. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. First off, sorry if this isn't the right place but I've no idea where I should be looking as I've never had an issue like this before.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Confused-Raccoon, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Looking for help with Windows 10 info not updating and apps soft locking.

Hello. First off, sorry if this isn't the right place but I've no idea where I should be looking as I've never had an issue like this before.

Secondly, I'm not even sure where I need to start troubleshooting. So many weird and wonderful things have gone wrong which are seemingly independent.

Here's what's going on.

My system time and a rainmeter app reads 03:43. It's currently 04:13. So that tells me WHEN it broke.

YouTube videos lock up but audio keeps playing. Can pause/play but the video doesn't update. Restarting browser allows video to restart but it's choppy and then stops after ~5 seconds.

Rainmeter and my keyboard have temperature and usage readouts and have all paused, as has the information in task manager. Which will open and can be manipulated but info won't update.

Hitting start and typing brings up a blank windows search.

Cannot type or close PowerShell or CMD.

New apps/windows opened show the white/grey line on the task bar but otherwise don't display nor can I tab to them using Alt+tab.

I opened windows settings but cannot click anything within it.

The | that flashes in text fields is erratic. Sometimes taking 10 or so seconds to blink, sometimes blinking multiple times a second.

Holding a key down on my keyboard no longer repeats the function. I have to tap backspace to use it, I can't just hold to wind back a sentence.

Task tray icons are slow to respond to mouse hover/right-clicking and a couple of them don't respond at all.

Rebooting fixes the issues, but I need to hold the power button and smother it. And after reboot it's taken between 20minutes and 6 hours for it to happen again. Roughly.

Event viewer, applications has a repeating 2warnings an error then another 2 warnings which used to coincide with the.. Er soft lock? But not this last one. And checking just now the last entry was in system, information at 03:26.

Now, Again sorry if this is the wrong place but I honestly don't know where the right place would be.

submitted by /u/Confused-Raccoon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Confused-Raccoon, Oct 19, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Cvrk Win User

Looking for help with Windows 10 info not updating and apps soft locking.

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Looking for help with Windows 10 info not updating and apps soft locking. [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

Looking for help with Windows 10 info not updating and apps soft locking.

1. Looking for help with Windows 10 info not updating and apps soft locking. - Similar Threads - Looking help info

2. Updated security info locked my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated security info locked my pc: I just updated my security info for my new phone and now my pc has locked saying I need to wait 30 days for the security to update. I have no other accounts on this pc and so now it's fully locked to me. Is there anyway to make a non admin account or similar to allow me to...
  3. Updated security info locked my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated security info locked my pc: I just updated my security info for my new phone and now my pc has locked saying I need to wait 30 days for the security to update. I have no other accounts on this pc and so now it's fully locked to me. Is there anyway to make a non admin account or similar to allow me to...
  4. How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen: Greetingz and Mornin All; My question is this: Quite a bit I have a lock screen I want to see info like location and description, especially when I like it. Like today I had the lock screen and NONE of the links giving that information were there at all, I tried to get it to...
  5. How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen: Greetingz and Mornin All; My question is this: Quite a bit I have a lock screen I want to see info like location and description, especially when I like it. Like today I had the lock screen and NONE of the links giving that information were there at all, I tried to get it to...
  6. How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen

7. Windows soft locking randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows soft locking randomly: Sometimes when using my computer, especially when I'm just watching videos in a browser or just browsing in general, my computer will soft lock. I'm not able to close the browser, open any other programs, use the start menu or the taskbar. Attempting to shut off the computer...
  8. Hardware error, soft lock & hard lock & hard reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware error, soft lock & hard lock & hard reset: Hello! I've been experiencing soft program locks unresponsive but can be closed without force quit, hard locks completely unresponsive system and hard reset involuntary hardware resets. Here's the hardware error I found. Description A problem with your hardware caused...
  9. M/Soft windows 10 Photo's App

in Windows 10 Customization
    M/Soft windows 10 Photo's App: Microsoft windows 10 app - Why do some photo/images when trying to access them in this app show text saying "You do not have permission to view files" and how do I make this possible?...
  10. Apps don't show info on Lock screen

Apps don't show info on Lock screen: Hello, I don't understand this, so apparently there are to ways to view info from certain apps on the Lock Screen but there are bugs that don't make it work: 1. A Detailed status; selecting the Mail app as for the detailed status doesn't show anything at all. All other...