Windows 10: Looking for HKEY scripts (or something) to run so that when I install a program my pc...

Discus and support Looking for HKEY scripts (or something) to run so that when I install a program my pc... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I while back a had problem; that whenever I wanted to run certain program exe's the installer would begin but after a little while, the pc would just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ArmandoAlex, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Looking for HKEY scripts (or something) to run so that when I install a program my pc...

I while back a had problem; that whenever I wanted to run certain program exe's the installer would begin but after a little while, the pc would just reboot. I manged to fix by running some sort of script or command that disabled something about HKEY (I'm really not sure) but it got the job done. I'm looking for that script because yesterday I had to reinstall Windows and when I wanted to reinstall my previous programs I ran into the same problem as I did a while back. Hope you guys can understand what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance. Stay safe.

submitted by /u/ArmandoAlex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ArmandoAlex, Jan 20, 2021

2. Windows Script Host

Hi Tiara,

The message "Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details" is usually occurring if a program that does not require the feature of Windows Script Host is running on a Windows PC. For us to provide an accurate
    solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Does the message appear when you are launching a specific application?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    in this thread.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 20, 2021
  3. 'long running script' error

Hi Sandi,

The issue may occur due to setting configuration of your IE11. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest to check this thread:
    Message that website is not responding due to a long running script
    . Look for Don Varnau answer. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Looking for HKEY scripts (or something) to run so that when I install a program my pc...

long running script in email account

Hi,

The long-running script error usually occurs when there are issues with Internet Explorer.

To resolve your concern, we suggest turning off the scripting debugger in Internet Explorer 11. Please follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner, then select Internet Options.
    • On the Advanced tab, uncheck Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and
      Disable script debugging (Other).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, check if the issue will still persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Looking for HKEY scripts (or something) to run so that when I install a program my pc...

1. Looking for HKEY scripts (or something) to run so that when I install a program my pc... - Similar Threads - Looking HKEY scripts

2. So my high-end gaming pc looks fine, but whenever I run a game, the whole pc starts lagging...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So my high-end gaming pc looks fine, but whenever I run a game, the whole pc starts lagging...: Hello! Well, it has been a week, I never thought I will ever have to "Ask" the internet, but I guess I couldn't find any solution for this whole week. SO as I said, everything looks fine, based on tests, task manager, performance monitor tests during the huge lag, no warning...
  3. So my high-end gaming pc looks fine, but whenever I run a game, the whole pc starts lagging...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So my high-end gaming pc looks fine, but whenever I run a game, the whole pc starts lagging...: Hello! Well, it has been a week, I never thought I will ever have to "Ask" the internet, but I guess I couldn't find any solution for this whole week. SO as I said, everything looks fine, based on tests, task manager, performance monitor tests during the huge lag, no warning...
  4. How to make a program look for something somewhere else

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make a program look for something somewhere else: I want to make minecraft versions in multiple locations so I don't have to deal with moving mod folders a lot, so I'm curious if I can write a .bat file or something that makes minecraft go to the saves folder that is tied to that version, and look somewhere else for saves....
  5. Run script/program before login of user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run script/program before login of user: I want to run a script or a program before logging in to any user account in windows 10. equivalent to rc.local in Linux. i have tested Task Scheduler, want to know any other solution to this ?...
  6. Error When Running/Installing/Uninstalling programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error When Running/Installing/Uninstalling programs: When I try to do anything such as install something from adobes, uninstall anything or just try and open a game sometimes, my computer pops up an error saying the file location of what I am doing then "A device attached to the system is not functioning." The only things I...
  7. Something's running on my PC, and I don't know what.

Something's running on my PC, and I don't know what.: Hey guys! So I have had this gaming laptop for almost a year now, and everything is fine with it, its just that since one month ago, I felt like the battery was draining way faster at school, and when plugged in it gets really hot and even the fans kick when just browsing the...
  8. pc freeze when i try to install a program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freeze when i try to install a program: My pc freeze when i try to install icmarketssc5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freeze-when-i-try-to-install-a-program/232b8302-d97b-4b49-8aab-c8bb80cd895e
  9. Help: prevent sleep when using an app & run script on program start

Help: prevent sleep when using an app & run script on program start: I would like to prevent my laptop from entering sleep mode when running a certain desktop application (Dopamine, a mp3 player). Playing music through Spotify prevents sleep, but the laptop sleeps while playing from Dopamine... I would like to create a simple script to press...
  10. Trying to run Powershell script to install a program but it doesnt start the installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to run Powershell script to install a program but it doesnt start the installation: Hi Team, I have written a powershell script to run the installation in a remote machine. However the installation seems to be running in task manager on remote machine but it is not happening or progressing. Can you help me here?...