Windows 10: Looking for info on what will happen when I install a new drive with windows on it into a...

Discus and support Looking for info on what will happen when I install a new drive with windows on it into a... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I didn't exactly know how to word the question sorry. I'm getting an SSD for my PC and I would like windows to boot from it. what I want to know is if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ISEEYOU HALO 24, May 5, 2019.

1. Looking for info on what will happen when I install a new drive with windows on it into a...

I didn't exactly know how to word the question sorry.

I'm getting an SSD for my PC and I would like windows to boot from it. what I want to know is if I leave my other drives as is, will all my stuff like Desktop icons and installs be intact? I am aware the risk of data loss and have my important stuff backed up, I just want to know in advance if I should prepare to reinstall everything.

:)

ISEEYOU HALO 24, May 5, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 5, 2019
  3. little cat, May 5, 2019
  4. Looking for info on what will happen when I install a new drive with windows on it into a...

Win 10 I have drives c, f, g when installed new printed drive f disappeared and only shows g how can i make compute showdrive f

Hello,

To address your concern about missing drive, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press Windows logo key + S on your keyboard.
    • Type diskmgmt.msc on the search box and hit Enter.
    • Look for your missing drive on the Disk Management window.
    • Right-click on it and give it a new drive letter.

Let us know if the drive will show up.

Regards.

Angela Pun, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Looking for info on what will happen when I install a new drive with windows on it into a...

1. Looking for info on what will happen when I install a new drive with windows on it into a... - Similar Threads - Looking info happen

2. What will happen if I update my security info?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What will happen if I update my security info?: Recently, I updated my other account's security info since I forgot it's password and I didn't log in the other account's email in other devices so I couldn't verify It so I decided to update the security info thinking it will help log back in. I didn't know how it works and...
  3. What will happen if I update my security info?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What will happen if I update my security info?: Recently, I updated my other account's security info since I forgot it's password and I didn't log in the other account's email in other devices so I couldn't verify It so I decided to update the security info thinking it will help log back in. I didn't know how it works and...
  4. What Happens to Other Drives When a clean installation is done

in Windows 10 Customization
    What Happens to Other Drives When a clean installation is done: Hi, I am using a windows 10 pro 32 bit architecture pc.My pc had become so slow these days so i thought to do a clean installation.But i have few important files in other disks like that of the photo uploaded.I have a doubt if the data in disk other than the system reserved...
  5. What happens to Desktop after new install?

in Windows 10 Support
    What happens to Desktop after new install?: Going to be installing Win10 on a new HDD but was wondering what happens to everything already on my existing desktop. Once Ive installed the OS to the new drive I will plug that drive back in and be using my existing drive that Windows is currently installed to as storage....
  6. What happens to my windows 10 when i install a new OS as my main?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happens to my windows 10 when i install a new OS as my main?: So guys i am currently running windows 10 but want to install another OS as my main , so i was wondering what happens to my windows when i delete it? Will i be able to get it back on my laptop if i want to go back to windows(it was preinstalled by lenovo and is orginal)?? Is...
  7. New hard drive - What licensing problems will happen?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New hard drive - What licensing problems will happen?: My mother will replace the hard drive in her computer because it's 7 years old. It has Windows 10 which was a free update from a previous version. The original copy of Windows just came with the laptop. At the moment the version of Windows works, but is just too slow....
  8. Actually what happens when a software is installed in windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Actually what happens when a software is installed in windows: hi, this a question and also a discussion about what happens when software is installed on windows. for example, when ms office is installed on d drive.then its files are copied to d:\program files\microsoft office and dll files get invoked from the registry and get linked...
  9. what happens to apps when i reinstall windows on new ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what happens to apps when i reinstall windows on new ssd: Currently Windows 10 is installed on C:/ and all my apps and programs are in the Program files folders. I am installing a new SSD which is currently S:/. and I plan to do a clean install of Windows 10 on to that drive. Will I still be able to use the apps on the C drive...
  10. What happens to my Windows license when I switch to a new computer ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What happens to my Windows license when I switch to a new computer ?: On my current circa 2011 PC, i have Windows 10 which I freely upgraded from a previous Windows 8 64 bit, which I installed myself (System Builder license). I want to finally buy a new computer, as my old one is having issues, but I would like to keep the Windows license if...