Windows 10: Looking for 'must have' programs - All suggestions welcome!!

Discus and support Looking for 'must have' programs - All suggestions welcome!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; LibreOffice is an excellent free option to MSOffice. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nisko, Aug 20, 2016.

1. simrick Win User

Looking for 'must have' programs - All suggestions welcome!!

LibreOffice is an excellent free option to MSOffice.

simrick, Aug 20, 2016
  2. Edwin New Member

Good point @simrick, Winaero Tweaker should be experimented with, with care and caution! Thanks @simrick.

I often use OpenOffice: Apache OpenOffice - Official Site - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

Mostly system performance tweaks and numerous Registry tweaks.

Edwin, Aug 20, 2016
  3. Nisko Win User
    I'm interested! Are you willing to share?

Nisko, Aug 20, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Gosh, I don't know. I might get spankings from @simrick! *Wink

jk! I'll come up with a few trusted links that you could, at least, research.

Edwin, Aug 20, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    *Roflmao2*Roflmao2

simrick, Aug 20, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Aug 20, 2016
  7. Nisko Win User
    Thank you - and I'll heed your advice about studying it first. I know my limits!

Nisko, Aug 20, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

Good on ya! *Smile

Remember: Backup, Backup, Backup!!!

Create a Restore Point before attempting any modifications; better yet, it's a good idea to create a full, clean System Image Backup.

Edwin, Aug 20, 2016
  9. Nisko Win User
    Totally agree! I create full images almost every day - on two different backup drives. So I backup my backup.......... One of those two drives might go bad some day - but not probable that both will go bad at the same time.

Nisko, Aug 20, 2016
  10. RolandJS Win User
    Like Scotty with Enterprise NCC-1705 engines, I really am close to my dedicated usb ext backup HDs! We think and do alike, me Lad! Those usb ext HDs have come in handy many times, have had to restore OS partition many times, Data partition - I think twice or thrice.

RolandJS, Aug 20, 2016
  11. Dropbox Win User
    for the back-up of pictures.

Dropbox, Aug 20, 2016
  12. Mailwasher Pro from Firetrust.

I get precious little spam that makes it past my ISP or webmail or Exchange servers, but it's a TERRIFIC program for viewing, sorting, quick-replying, and quick-forwarding emails from multiple ISP, web and exchange accounts in one handy, customizable grid.

For the rare spam message that does make it through to an inbox, I can safely delete it from the mail server before it ever gets near my local computer. (There are also built-in mechanisms to report the spam.)

There is a free Windows version (I think limited to 1 email account), a paid Windows version that allows unlimited accounts (I have lifetime legacy licenses, but I think it is now an "up to 3 PC" subscription), and a free, cross-platform, mobile version (which permits syncing across multiple devices).

Probably the #1 productivity app for me for many years on many Windows versions. The fact that there is not a full Mac version (and nothing else comparable) has been one of the only reasons I have not moved to fruit-flavored computing.

Excellent support, as well, when it is (rarely) needed.

MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 20, 2016
  13. exploder Win User

The tweaking information in this thread really got my attention!

exploder, Aug 20, 2016
  14. Bastet Win User
    Ones I find invaluable are Malwarebytes anti malware, Eset online scanner as a backup on-demand scanner to my Norton AV, Unchecky for those pesky tick-boxes for unwanted bundled software in downloads & CCleaner.

Bastet, Aug 20, 2016
  15. Nisko Win User
    Thank you for reminding me. I used to use Mailwasher but, somewhere along the line, I stopped. I do like the program and plan to reinstall it

Nisko, Aug 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Looking for 'must have' programs - All suggestions welcome!! - Similar Threads - Looking 'must have'

2. Looking for suggestions on DLP and VAPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for suggestions on DLP and VAPT: Hi. I work for a small company of about 10-15 remote workers. We have at least 3 physical and 10 virtual servers. We are looking to implement a DLP policy in addition to performing vulnerability assessments and penetration testing. We have one server that is Linux with the...
  3. Suggest a program

Suggest a program: Hi. I want a program like VPN software but different from them I now Windows has the ability to connect to a VPN with different protocols, but importing too many VPNs bothers me, especially when I want to connect to a Wi-Fi. For this reason, I am looking for a...
  4. Looking for RAMDisk Program Suggestions

Looking for RAMDisk Program Suggestions: I wonder if anyone has suggestions on RAMdisk programs that they like. I'm about to start putting together a new system but before I spend the money for 128GB of RAM I want to test some RAMDisk programs to make sure that they work as I need. If anyone has any suggestions for...
  5. Must Have Programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Must Have Programs: What are the must have Free Programs or Applications or any Useful Website for Windows 10? Any help will be appreciated submitted by /u/beastmanus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1u8go/must_have_programs/
  6. Looking for suggestions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for suggestions: Hello everyone, I am currently using Bitdefender and Norton. I am having issues with Bitdefender as it slows down my system a lot. Should I uninstall it and run Norton alongside Windows Defender? Would that be fine? I am not sure which one to uninstall (Bitdefender or...
  7. PC stolen, looking for suggestions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC stolen, looking for suggestions: Hi, I've had my desktop PC stolen. I believe the windows account has been signed in from the new owner but I would like to remotely wipe the device or otherwise encrypt data. Thanks....
  8. Program suggestions

Program suggestions: Hello, I am not too sure if this the correct sub-forum to post this in. I'm looking for more programs that are 'MUST HAVE' for Windows, I currently use CCleaner and Driver Booster, is their any program suggestions that you have? 18639
  9. Looking for advice or suggestion.

Looking for advice or suggestion.: I own a windows10 tablet... from the Microsoft store could you please recommend a battery status/usage/monitor app that is legit? 103193
  10. Is There a Program To Look At Event Log & Recommend Suggestions Errors

Is There a Program To Look At Event Log & Recommend Suggestions Errors: So my event log is showing way too many errrors and warnings. I do not begin to understand what any are. I am not really looking forward to reformatting & reinstalling. Is there any program/software that would scan and organize them possibly offering fixes/help? 97357