Windows 10: Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card

Discus and support Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm looking for a PCIe to SATA 3 add in card that actually works at X4 rates, that is, it must use all four lanes on the PCIe bus. The card can either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tweakit, Oct 11, 2019.

1. tweakit Win User

Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card

I'm looking for a PCIe to SATA 3 add in card that actually works at X4 rates, that is, it must use all four lanes on the PCIe bus. The card can either provide sata connectors or permit insertion of a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD onto the card. Examples of the types of cards that would work IF they were X4 cards are seen here:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...4RCW5MS9&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...G9WPPLAW&psc=1
    Most of these cards have X4 connectors but only work at X2 (two PCIe lanes are connected). Why is it important to me that the card work at X4? ANS: My Mobo only has PCIe slots that support PCIe Revision 1 rates. All my SATA connectors are SATA 2 connectors that don't take full advantage of my existing SATA 3 SSD boot drive so I want to add at least one SATA 3 port to the computer to speed things up. An add-in-card (or adapter card) that works at X2 would not support SATA 3 speeds on a Revision 1 PCIe bus. This is why I need a card that has a PCIe connector working at X4. For now, I've only seen cards that work at X1 or X2 but nothing higher. My hope is someone will know where to look to find one of these cards that works at X4. Thanks for reading.

:)

tweakit, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Wilade Win User

How to install PCIE SATA 3 board

I just tried your suggestion but I still can't see the device. I've attached screen shots of what I'm seeing in HWiNFO for reference.

Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card [​IMG]

Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card [​IMG]

I discovered last night that the installer seemed to have an error and was not copying the files from the CD to the place the installer was looking for them at. I copied the files manually and restarted the process. No error, but it still doesn't work or show up in Device Manager.

Wilade, Oct 11, 2019
  3. pcie sata controller cards for 2010 board speed.

ya the motherboard had gen 1 pcie ports or verson 1.1. i also tested 2 hard drives with crystal disk mark. the seagate barrauda drive seems to hit close to max speeds on sata port where acer 320 drive well it slow and all.
    so if i bought sata 3 pcie card with this ssd ADATA Premier SP580 SSD, 2.5in, SATA III, 120GB at Memory Express - Memory Express Inc. i won't get close to read/writes speeds on that motherboard

windowsraptor, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card

windowsraptor, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card

1. Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card - Similar Threads - Looking PCIe SATA

2. HDDs attached to PCIe SATA expansion card not showing in Windows 11 Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDDs attached to PCIe SATA expansion card not showing in Windows 11 Device Manager: Three hard drives are connected to 3 SATA ports on a PCIe SATA expansion card on an ASUS ProArt Z690 Creator motherboard, with Windows 11 Pro, and I don't see those drives in the Device Manager. I want to assign letters to each of these 3 hard drives and make use of them. In...
  3. Bsods on syba 40062 pcie card sata III

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bsods on syba 40062 pcie card sata III: I had to install the OS first on native sata ports and then I inserted the pcie card which gives me frequent crashes and does not boot with inaccessible boot device error.I managed to get it started, but every time I have to do a clean install it are problems. In device...
  4. Renesas USB 3 Pcie Card is not recognised

Renesas USB 3 Pcie Card is not recognised: Long shot but had this problem for the past 6 months. I installed a Renesas USB 3 Pcie card and it worked great.....But every time I switch off my pc and leave it off for a few days, when I put it back on the card would sometimes work but a lot of the time it does not....I...
  5. PCIe SATA advice required please

PCIe SATA advice required please: I've hit the limit of 6TB drives with my motherboard although no mention of it in the manual and zero response from the manufacturer. So I need a PCIe card which will enable a couple of SATA 8TB drives - no RAID. Have tried one today and apparently that had a 4TB limit...
  6. sata power and sata 3

sata power and sata 3: i looked on amazon and i couldn't find a good sata 3 to usb 3 and a sata power that would fit with the sata 3. Does anybody have a link to what im looking for? Sata 3 2.5 inches. https://imgur.com/5DFguai...
  7. USB 3 PCIE Card issue

USB 3 PCIE Card issue: Reasus PCIE card installed and does work, but everytime i switch off my pc for a day or two and boot up my card does not get recognised and i have to reboot several times before it works. Trouble is my mouse and keyboard cannot function until this comes active? Anyone have a...
  8. Beware some sata PCie cards kill hard Disks (recoverable though)

Beware some sata PCie cards kill hard Disks (recoverable though): Hi folks needed some extra sata ports on a PC -- used a "cheapo" 16X pcie card -- and guess what the 4 HDD's I had in the system were flagged as totally dead -- even BIOS cold boot couldn't see them. Anyway removed card and BIOS still didn't see the HDD's. Removed then...
  9. How to install PCIE SATA 3 board

How to install PCIE SATA 3 board: Hello all, First post. I'm trying to install a Sedna SE-PCIE-SATA6G-02, PCIE SATA III 2-port adapter into my computer but it doesn't seem to be recognized by Windows 10. I've recently added an SSD drive to my system and had to load the AHCI driver by booting into safe...
  10. go from sata 1 to sata 3 using an add on card and having it boot?

go from sata 1 to sata 3 using an add on card and having it boot?: I have sata 3 drives, but the mother board is sata 1 which is slow. MB is Aspen MSI 7548 MSI MS-7548 (Aspen) motherboards specifications The mb has a free PCIEx1 version 2 slot open. I have read you can buy an add on sata3 card to work with version 2 pcie x1 slot, BUT...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install windows 10 to pcie 3 sata card ssd m.2