Windows 10: looking for pdf reader

Discus and support looking for pdf reader in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I still use Acrobat Pro X, but have the feeling that it is outdated now. I use it for simple tasks: printing to pdf, reading pdf's, rotating pdf's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PiKo, Oct 5, 2016.

1. PiKo Win User

looking for pdf reader

I still use Acrobat Pro X, but have the feeling that it is outdated now.
    I use it for simple tasks: printing to pdf, reading pdf's, rotating pdf's when needed and combining pdf's.
    Printing to pdf is now standard in W10. Remains: reading. rotating and combining.
    I welcome suggestions for a free, light-weight alternative (no apps from store, I avoid these).

:)

PiKo, Oct 5, 2016
  2. sysinit Win User

Looking for pdf reader for N80

1 2 cents worth feedback.

Via My-Symbian.com, it appears that N80 has ~14MB of RAM free with no applications running.

But when I open a 2MB PDF file with Adobe, I quickly ran out of memory when navigating. Opening a 2.5MB PDF is out of question. X_x

To make things work smoothly, I actually split my PDFs up into multiple 50 pages PDFs via CutePDF. (Yes, I print them 1 by 1. T_T Any better free way/tools to suggest? Will appreciate.)

Cheers. -_-

sysinit, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Looking for pdf reader for N80

You can zoom in or out and you can do ratation to left or right which gives you the landscape mode or to fit the screen size.

hytan---01, Oct 5, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

looking for pdf reader

Have a look at BullZip PDF and see if it will do what you need , I'm not sure if the Free Version will do it all?

better.........

FREE PDF Printer

KB

Kbird, Oct 5, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    For a printer I like BullZip also. For a viewer I like Sumatra.

Not saying it is the best but I like it. Foxit is OK but they try to download other rubbish. Adobe is more than 10x the size and annoying in many ways.

Note that if you use Outlook then you need to install something to do your .pdf preview. Otherwise you can run either Sumatra or Foxit as a portable app.

lx07, Oct 5, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    I still use Adobe Reader 9.5.5 (auto update off and view in Browser Off ) for Viewing.... after version 10/X they went crazy with the viewer size it seems..

Kbird, Oct 5, 2016
  7. PDF-XChange Editor might look large, but it has tons of features and it is still light, compared to adobe anything is.

TairikuOkami, Oct 5, 2016
  8. tomppa Win User

looking for pdf reader

Nitro Reader 3 is my pdf reader and it works fine

tomppa, Oct 5, 2016
  9. lx07 Win User
    It is pathetic that MS Outlook will not give you a preview of a pdf unless you install some other software but that is how Outlook 2016 is at the moment. AFAIK only Foxit, Sumatra and Adobe work.

No-one (literally no-one unless their brain is stuck in 1992) wants to install Adobe Reader though do they? Surely anyone who installs it does it by mistake or because they used to before the great depression (only joking @Kbird).

What for? The program is more than 500x the size of anything else, it bugs you about updates, is slower to render a pdf and is just in general worse.

You can quibble about whether Sumatra or Nitro or Foxit being better (much the same to me) but Reader?

lx07, Oct 5, 2016
  10. Kbird Win User
    Not quite that Old *Smile we even have indoor plumbing nowadays *Dinesh ....

but I have seen a number of system with Nitro "Issues" and Foxit used to try installing all sorts of other stuff as well , though I am not sure about nowadays. I am only reading Manuals etc with it usually so Adobe Read 9.5.5 Works just fine , at least so far I have not had anything it won't open etc. I won't use Apps if I can help it as most ae riddled with advertising.

I have not tried Sumatra or PDF Exchange , so can not comment on those , but am surprised to hear Outlook does not have a PDF Preview Option but then again I don't use "Office Online" either.... yes I still remember and have Software that came on DVD's *Smile

Kbird, Oct 6, 2016
  11. I know that you didn't want any apps from the store....but I've been trying out Xodo pdf reader and it is lightweight.
    You can rotate, print, and make notes on the pdf. You can also read the pdf in sepia and night mode. It seems like a very nice application.
    I also haven't had any ads using it yet. And it's free!

Cornishman, Oct 6, 2016
  12. Berton Win User
    "Out of date"? Hmmm, I have Adobe Acrobat 8 on Win10 Desktop, Adobe Acrobat 9 on Win10 Notebook and Adobe Acrobat 9 on MacBook Pro OS X, no problems.

Berton, Oct 6, 2016
  13. looking for pdf reader

For a PDF Reader, I use PDF-XchangeViewer (which is now PDF-Xchange Editor).

For a PDF Printer, I use PDFill It has the best rendering that matches the original page produced by an application that I have found.

It also has an editor and a toolbox to modify existing PDF files.

JC Zorkoff, Oct 9, 2016
  14. Mystere Win User
    Acrobat Reader DC is the most recent version of Acrobat reader, which is 2 or 3 versions newer than Reader X.

Mystere, Oct 9, 2016
  15. Bhrayan23 Win User
    There are many useful Windows 10 PDF viewers for you to use including Foxit Reader, ApowerPDF, Sumatra PDF, Expert PDF Reader and others. They all can help to view PDF files, rotate and print your files. But it seems that the latter two options fail to combine PDFs.

Bhrayan23, May 8, 2017
Thema:

looking for pdf reader

1. looking for pdf reader - Similar Threads - looking pdf reader

2. Pdf reader with layers

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Pdf reader with layers: Is there a free PDF reader available in the Microsoft store with the ability to turn on and off layers? I have been checking them all and not having any luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-reader-with-layers/72c6765a-8de1-4d69-87f5-0a7aa0c1bd9d
  3. Pdf reader with layers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pdf reader with layers: Is there a free PDF reader available in the Microsoft store with the ability to turn on and off layers? I have been checking them all and not having any luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-reader-with-layers/72c6765a-8de1-4d69-87f5-0a7aa0c1bd9d
  4. Pdf reader with layers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. pdf book reader

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    pdf book reader: I am a student and has to read pdf books, underline, highlight and make some notes with help of Pen. In my ipad I was using ibooks for same, but does not know if we have similar app for windows. I dont want to pay 14$ each month to adobe. Is there any such free app which give...
  6. PDF Reader License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PDF Reader License: I purchased a permanent PDF Reader upgrade license which I was charged for. I never got the upgrade and still only have the free version. How can I get my upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-reader-license/9405fb36-f963-4545-b9f8-8e0ecb484757
  7. PDF Reader

PDF Reader: Ok so my English textbooks are pdfs. usually I would use Adobe Acrobat Reader, but one of the textbooks is 500+ pages long, and its sooo slow! ive tried edge, chrome, etc, but none of them work because its simply too big! Should I print it?...
  8. PDF Reader

PDF Reader: Looking for a simple pdf reader nothing complicated. I just want it for reading pdf. windows 10 home. simple question I hope. Thank You. David. 124877
  9. Adobe (Pdf) Reader

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe (Pdf) Reader: Hello, On my pc is installed Adobe pdf reader, it is updated and keeps updating automaticly. Recently when I double click on a pdf document (any), it opens ok, but when I close it by clicking on the X at the upper right corner, it always asks if I want to save the changes I...
  10. Lost PDF reader.

Lost PDF reader.: Doesn't Windows 10 have its own PDF reader? If it does, I can't find it. I downloaded the Adobe Reader, but don't like it. Right clicking on a PDF file only gives me the option to open in Adobe Reader or Edge. 38928