Windows 10: Looking for Portable Email Client

Discus and support Looking for Portable Email Client in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been using SeaMonkey portable for a long time and am considering moving to another portable email client. I've tried Thunderbird portable, but it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by br4, May 28, 2021.

1. BR4
    br4 Win User

Looking for Portable Email Client

I've been using SeaMonkey portable for a long time and am considering moving to another portable email client. I've tried Thunderbird portable, but it puts the profile on the C drive (I'm using Windows 10 Pro v.19042.985), which I don't want to happen. Can anyone suggest a portable email client that automatically puts its settings and email items into the application's folder (as most portable apps do)? Thanks for any help.

:)

2. Edwin Win User

eM Client Email Distribution Lists

Mount the List you want to make changes to, right click it and choose Edit...

Looking for Portable Email Client [​IMG]

... there you can re-name the List, add and remove recipients, etc...

or, Delete the whole List in the Address Book...

Edwin, May 28, 2021
  3. Questions related to default email client in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience.

Please be informed that the Mail App is not an email client. The MAPI support for email is still available for email clients like Office Outlook.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps setting the right email client as default.

Settings > System > Default apps > Look for the Email heading > Click on the current default email client just below heading > Click on the email client under the app menu.

Write to us with the updated status for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 28, 2021
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Looking for a new email client

I, too, have been on Thunderbird for years. I wasn't real happy with the layout, particularly the fonts, size, and colors. I have 1 extension installed on T-Bird,

Theme Font & Size Changer for ThunderBird :: Add-ons for Thunderbird

It's in a format you unzip and drag and drop to install.

I now have a display that's easier on my eyes. You can choose anything you wish.

f14tomcat, May 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Looking for Portable Email Client - Similar Threads - Looking Portable Email

2. email client problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    email client problems: Whenever my email client tries to load emails from the servers I get authentication failure every time, I put it down to my particular client having problems but I've tried it with different clients now and I'm getting the same problemFair email for androidMailbird for...
  3. Setting up portable application as default email client? re mailto

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up portable application as default email client? re mailto: It was easier to work with earlier versions of Windows for this issue; just can't figure it out this time around.I use a portable email sniffer program, predominantly, to send/receive mail.In the past, it was easy to add it as the default email program esp. with regards to...
  4. Setting up portable application as default email client? re mailto

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up portable application as default email client? re mailto: It was easier to work with earlier versions of Windows for this issue; just can't figure it out this time around.I use a portable email sniffer program, predominantly, to send/receive mail.In the past, it was easy to add it as the default email program esp. with regards to...
  5. Setting up portable application as default email client? re mailto

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. updating email client

updating email client: hiyaim getting the following error code when updating my yahoo account0x8019019awhat does it mean and how can i fix itthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-email-client/4a7c8754-087a-4e39-9ce6-35e9ee828797
  7. Looking for a new email client

in Browsers and Email
    Looking for a new email client: I’ve been using the MS Office 2007 suite including Outlook since it was new! I want to convert to open source LibreOffice and remove MS Office completely so need a new mail client. I also use Opera as my default browser. I like the look and function of Mailbird but it seems...
  8. POP3 email clients

POP3 email clients: I have Windows 10 Pro and I'm desperately trying to find a program that actually works using POP3. I've tried Yandex, Mailbird, (which I have paid full price for in 2016 and 2018 when it said POP3 with NO constructive help from them to get it to work) Thunderbird but have...
  9. Looking For a Free Portable VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking For a Free Portable VPN: I use Private Internet Access at home which is all it is cracked up to be. I'm looking for a free portable VPN to use on a public computer and have had not much success. Best that I could find was OpenVPN download | SourceForge.net but that "portable" app required some kind...
  10. email client

in Browsers and Email
    email client: I have Windows 10 pro and have been using Windows Mail; unfortunately it is erratic syncing and I just lost a valuable folder. It seems ok at times and I like its simplicity because I am at an average tech level. I have had other issues with it so have discontinued use....