Windows 10: Looking for RAMDisk Program Suggestions

Discus and support Looking for RAMDisk Program Suggestions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wonder if anyone has suggestions on RAMdisk programs that they like. I'm about to start putting together a new system but before I spend the money... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hsehestedt, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Looking for RAMDisk Program Suggestions

I wonder if anyone has suggestions on RAMdisk programs that they like. I'm about to start putting together a new system but before I spend the money for 128GB of RAM I want to test some RAMDisk programs to make sure that they work as I need. If anyone has any suggestions for RAMDisk programs that they especially like, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Maybe a brief summary of what you especially like might be helpful as well.

:)

hsehestedt, Mar 4, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Can ramdisk programs be dedicated to gpu ?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tidy as we say in Wales.

I tried the free Radeon ramdisk which is limited to 4 out of 8 gb. And come to think of it im pretty sure the Dataram software im trying now is limited to 4gb. So as Win 7 task manager is showing 6 gb of 8 gb being used i think i.m right in thinking 4 gb is ramdisk and the remaining 2 is being used by the system.

Im gonna delete ramdisk and try your guys suggestions but limit it to 2 gb.

N-STER thanks

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Mar 4, 2021
  4. EdTittel Win User

Looking for RAMDisk Program Suggestions

Looking for 'must have' programs - All suggestions welcome!!

I have two suggestions: one is to look at the download tool Ninite, because it lists the most commonly installed Windows programs. Here's the pick list from its home page:

Looking for RAMDisk Program Suggestions [​IMG]

The second thing is to provide some recommendations for must-have or sometimes-must-use tools not yet already mentioned:
    1. NirSoft NirLauncher: Nir Sofer has been building outstanding software tools of all kinds for over a decade. NirLauncher lets you grab most (or all) of them in one go.
    2. DriverStore Explorer: great for cleaning up/removing duplicate device drivers
    3. Uncleaner: handy little cleanup tool that gets stuff other programs (including CCleaner) miss
    4. HomeDev PatchCleaner: cleans out obsolete files from your WinSxS hierarchy
    5. Windows Update MiniTool: a capable and helpful Windows Update replacement/alternative
    Great question, with a lot of great answers all over this thread.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Looking for RAMDisk Program Suggestions

1. Looking for RAMDisk Program Suggestions - Similar Threads - Looking RAMDisk Program

2. Looking for suggestions on DLP and VAPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for suggestions on DLP and VAPT: Hi. I work for a small company of about 10-15 remote workers. We have at least 3 physical and 10 virtual servers. We are looking to implement a DLP policy in addition to performing vulnerability assessments and penetration testing. We have one server that is Linux with the...
  3. Looking for suggestions on DLP and VAPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for suggestions on DLP and VAPT: Hi. I work for a small company of about 10-15 remote workers. We have at least 3 physical and 10 virtual servers. We are looking to implement a DLP policy in addition to performing vulnerability assessments and penetration testing. We have one server that is Linux with the...
  4. Suggest a program

Suggest a program: Hi. I want a program like VPN software but different from them I now Windows has the ability to connect to a VPN with different protocols, but importing too many VPNs bothers me, especially when I want to connect to a Wi-Fi. For this reason, I am looking for a...
  5. Looking for suggestions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for suggestions: Hello everyone, I am currently using Bitdefender and Norton. I am having issues with Bitdefender as it slows down my system a lot. Should I uninstall it and run Norton alongside Windows Defender? Would that be fine? I am not sure which one to uninstall (Bitdefender or...
  6. PC stolen, looking for suggestions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC stolen, looking for suggestions: Hi, I've had my desktop PC stolen. I believe the windows account has been signed in from the new owner but I would like to remotely wipe the device or otherwise encrypt data. Thanks....
  7. Program suggestions

Program suggestions: Hello, I am not too sure if this the correct sub-forum to post this in. I'm looking for more programs that are 'MUST HAVE' for Windows, I currently use CCleaner and Driver Booster, is their any program suggestions that you have? 18639
  8. Looking for advice or suggestion.

Looking for advice or suggestion.: I own a windows10 tablet... from the Microsoft store could you please recommend a battery status/usage/monitor app that is legit? 103193
  9. Looking for 'must have' programs - All suggestions welcome!!

Looking for 'must have' programs - All suggestions welcome!!: My friends have already made their suggestions. I am performing a clean install of Windows 10. Most of you have what you consider programs that are very valuable to you and would be just as valuable to many other users - including me. What better place to ask but in this...
  10. Is There a Program To Look At Event Log & Recommend Suggestions Errors

Is There a Program To Look At Event Log & Recommend Suggestions Errors: So my event log is showing way too many errrors and warnings. I do not begin to understand what any are. I am not really looking forward to reformatting & reinstalling. Is there any program/software that would scan and organize them possibly offering fixes/help? 97357