Windows 10: Looking for some Antivirus Advice

Discus and support Looking for some Antivirus Advice in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'd like to use a Free one before I decide if I'd like to pay for the Full Version. I'd like an Antivirus w/a good reputation, that can stop tracking... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CJW, Jan 22, 2020.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Looking for some Antivirus Advice

I'd like to use a Free one before I decide if I'd like to pay for the Full Version.
    I'd like an Antivirus w/a good reputation, that can stop tracking cookies & pop-ups, somewhat fast but very thorough scans w/easy to read & understand results-that can also be copied to a notepad/printed & one that is very customizable.

Avast: I've used this in the past & like that it can separately scan the memory, rootkits, auto-start programs, has boot-scans, etc. And that it has easy automatic & manual update routines.
    I don't like that it has full protection against dangerous URLs only in Chrome & Firefox. I use Vivaldi.

These 2 I've never used before:
    Panda Dome: I like that it's light on system resources & has security news & alerts sections that shows critical, warning & informational messages.
    I don't like that it resets a browser's home page & default search engine if the user is not careful.

TotalAV: I like that it has an Adware Cleaner & Anti-Ransomware.
    I don't like that it's Web Shield only works w/Firefox & Chrome. Again, I use Vivaldi.

:)

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jan 22, 2020
  3. tacosRcool, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Dude Win User

Thema:

1. Looking for some Antivirus Advice - Similar Threads - Looking Antivirus Advice

2. Looking for some tech advice.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for some tech advice.: Hey /r/windows10, Time to use this subreddit for some tech support rather than just getting neat tools I'll never use. Trying to help out my uncle with his PC and I am running into an issue that I cannot find a solution for. Their computer freezes randomly, while using it...
  3. Looking for advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for advice: Hi guys, hope y’all are doing good Can you please tell me if there’s a way to speed up windows 10? My pc has been sluggish those days and crashes a lot I have an HP laptop with intel celeron and 4 gb RAM submitted by /u/Neko-Raijin [link] [comments]...
  4. Looking for some advice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Looking for some advice: What should I do when u get this error, c:\$SysReset\Scatch\Csrss.ex? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-some-advice/3f27847c-e942-49ef-b290-be91c9418fb4
  5. Looking for some graphic card advice

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Looking for some graphic card advice: I'm planning on doing an upgrade to my rig this year by replacing the APU(Ryzen 3 2200G) with the Ryzen 5 3600 in Nov. But I need to get a graphic card first and I was wondering what card would be best. I know there are no best but I want something that will do as well if not...
  6. Looking for software/app advice.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for software/app advice.....: I work in the transportation industry and we have to keep a list of when and where our trucks are loading and unloading. There are 3 of us that use this information. We currently keep 3 different lists on 3 different yellow legal pads. The problem is that when one of us make...
  7. Looking For Advice on Fiber Install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking For Advice on Fiber Install: Hi folks, This Saturday, I'm getting UVerse 1000 laid in at my house. It will actually drop my AT&T bill by $20. I'm assuming that they provide the home router and other needed equipment, but I was wondering if there is anything I should upgrade. My PC has a gigabit...
  8. Some games advice?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some games advice?: I have got a few quid to spend on some steam and/or origin games. There are some games I'd like to try but some of them have sequels. I know sequels don't necessarily mean better. I only really want to one version of that type of game so I just wondered what you guys thought...
  9. Looking for advice or suggestion.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for advice or suggestion.: I own a windows10 tablet... from the Microsoft store could you please recommend a battery status/usage/monitor app that is legit? 103193
  10. Looking for Advice on a Good PC Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Looking for Advice on a Good PC Monitor: Hi. Is this where I can ask about PC monitors? I'm going to buy a new screen soon, but I have no idea where to end my journey. I was hoping that I can get any advice from this forum, if it's ok? 96513