Windows 10: Looking for some Web Browser recomendations

Discus and support Looking for some Web Browser recomendations in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So since Firefox started to get weird with the latest nightlies, I'm searching for a new browser to use. I've been a FF fanboy for so long, but the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by doriandiaconu, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Looking for some Web Browser recomendations

So since Firefox started to get weird with the latest nightlies, I'm searching for a new browser to use. I've been a FF fanboy for so long, but the latest builds are plain weird.

What browsers are you guys using? I'm using it mostly for surfing. For e-mail I'm using eM Client.

Thanks!

:)

doriandiaconu, Sep 27, 2017
  2. m2_225288 Win User

N8 - Ovi Store App / Web Install that I do not wont

Hi deadprincess,

can you also recomend version of Opera for N8?

I did install this browser some time ago on my N80, but it was well slow.

Looking at their web site, they have 2 versions:

Opera Mobile 10 and Opera Mini 5.1

Thanx

m2_225288, Sep 27, 2017
  3. Dideacs Win User
    How to uninstall or remove adds pop up on microsoft edge

Dear all,

I recently feeling annoyed by pop up from shopping assistant that only happend in my microsoft edge when i compare to my firefox browser this thing its not happen. I try to look adds on pop up blocker or any program from causing it but i can't find any "shopping
    assistant". Tried to look the solution on the web but some of them recomended to download new proggram that i do not guarantee to work or else ended to new probs to my system. any solution to get rid off this annoying "shopping assistant" or others unwanted
    pop up from microsoft edge?

Thank you for your feed back!

Dideacs, Sep 27, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Looking for some Web Browser recomendations

A lot of choices out there *Smile Vivaldi, Pale moon, not to mention Chrome.

Or you can get used to changes in FF (major is coming in FF 57). Thing will go for better slowly.

I'm still with FF, and Edge in Insider builds.

AndreTen, Sep 27, 2017
  5. torre Win User
    Please give us a summary. Tried Vivaldi when first released, sure it has improved.

torre, Sep 28, 2017
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Tried it out today. Interface is nice, but all browsers looks alike this days. Browsing is fast, should be secure and comfortable too, as it supports Chrome extensions...

Just the start is a bit long. Edge starts almost immediately, Firefox have like a second or two delay (not state of the art computer), Vivaldi took 3 to 4 seconds.

AndreTen, Sep 28, 2017
  7. AndreTen Win User

AndreTen, Sep 28, 2017
  8. DJG
    DJG Win User
    I switched from years of Firefox to Opera a couple of weeks ago, and haven't looked back. The speed dial page alone is worth it.

But as always, YMMV ...

9. Firefox 57 Beta 4 works great.

Josey Wales, Sep 28, 2017
  10. I use Brave on my tablet and phone for reasons we are not allowed to discuss in forum.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 30, 2017
  11. ive got lots of browsers ..out of firefox, chrome, opera, k-meleon, edge, epic.. may i suggest vivaldi, powerful and fast. the other suggestion is opera neon, again fast! but it lacks addons. for privacy concerns like tracking etc, go with epic browser.

Pathfinder, Sep 30, 2017
  12. barky Win User

Been loyal to firefox since it's earliest days (& before that netscape navigator) but have recently migrated to Vivaldi & Waterfox 55 (which retains the soon to be dumped by Mozilla addons) .... Mozilla seem to not care about it's loyal desktop users which I find puzzling!
    Once Vivaldi fully matures It will be the best browser for me - already my default

barky, Oct 2, 2017
  13. torre Win User
    Do you find the start time for Vivaldi to be somewhat long as described by Andre in post #5 ?

torre, Oct 2, 2017
  14. AndreTen Win User
    It's not a long delay... Installed it on home PC with i3 processor, and it's like moment or two. Again: Edge start immediately, Firefox take on beat and Vivaldi two *Smile You won't get old.

But hey, install it and check out. I'm tempted with Opera. Just because of their Andriod version. It's by far best (for me) browser for phones...

AndreTen, Oct 2, 2017
Thema:

1. Looking for some Web Browser recomendations - Similar Threads - Looking Web Browser

2. web browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web browser: Hi Why am i receiving a notice from AMAZON a generic web browser is trying to log in always use the same browser cant login? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browser/bc06573a-e360-4e58-b3b0-4ca569db7c04
  3. web browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web browser: Hi Why am i receiving a notice from AMAZON a generic web browser is trying to log in always use the same browser cant login? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browser/bc06573a-e360-4e58-b3b0-4ca569db7c04
  4. web browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Glitches on web browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Glitches on web browser: Hi,I had this problem for a few days, and it doesn't seem to go away. When there are pictures on the screen, sometimes they're all glitched. It can appear on any website, it's even there when I look at my google photos. I included some screenshots to give you an idea.Hope...
  6. Glitches on web browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Glitches on web browser: Hi,I had this problem for a few days, and it doesn't seem to go away. When there are pictures on the screen, sometimes they're all glitched. It can appear on any website, it's even there when I look at my google photos. I included some screenshots to give you an idea.Hope...
  7. Chrome Browser Makes a Mess of Some Web Pages!

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Browser Makes a Mess of Some Web Pages!: I have the latest Chrome browser for my 64 bit Windows 10 pro. There are some pages that used to be fine but are now somewhat of a mess. Edge is fine so it is not the system. My wife can shop on Fred Meyer on her system and an item can be added to her cart OK, but on my...
  8. Web browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser: When I open Chrome which is my default web browser I am getting a different browser layered on top of it called New Radio Cast. I don't know what I did to add it, I am guessing that it is an add on extension, I don't want it and I can't figure out how to delete it. It...
  9. Web browser.

Web browser.: So on 4/6/20 I was downloading something online and it downloaded a web browser that i could not get rid of. So I uninstalled the app and problem solved, Then I ran a full virus scan and it came beck good. But then today I notice the app is back so i imedantly run a virus...
  10. Encrypt web browser

Encrypt web browser: I want to delete the encrypt web browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypt-web-browser/d7349cbb-9672-4bd7-8d1a-48eabf0bc7ac