Windows 10: Looking for someone that understands SQL databases

Discus and support Looking for someone that understands SQL databases in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I an having to use a propriety SQL database, this owner of the program insist that he can not add a module for print set up of the multiple forms that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Clintlgm, May 29, 2019.

1. Clintlgm Win User

Looking for someone that understands SQL databases

I an having to use a propriety SQL database, this owner of the program insist that he can not add a module for print set up of the multiple forms that need to be printed at times. The results of this are when printing landscape on 8.5 x 11 paper I always get two pages of each page of the form data. The programmer reports that printing is dependent on windows setting? I am printing on an HP 8300 Photo printer even if I set it to print edge to edge and shrink to fit, I still get 2 pages with the last column on the second page.

The second issue that this programmer seems not to be able to fix is that the program always opens full screen. No, this Database is not a windows 8 App it a SQL database and the only program I have ever had that forces full screen opening ever. There must be a line of code that allows the database to open to the same size window as it was closed at just like every other windows program I own.

This is probably the wrong forum to ask such question, but I know there a lot of very switch on people here some may have an understanding SQL databases at least enough to point me in the direction of a forum that would.

This is program that I pretty much have to work with as it maintains my( ATF FFL Records) and with the exception of these two aggravations the very best solution on the market

:)

Clintlgm, May 29, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Always Encrypted now generally available in Azure SQL Database

Source: Always Encrypted now generally available in Azure SQL Database | Blog | Microsoft Azure

Brink, May 29, 2019
  3. lgentry Win User
    Help me understand SQL Server

While trying to understand intermittent freezes in my Windows 10 that require hard reboots to recover from I was looking at my event viewer trying to find the culprit. Although I have not yet narrowed down the problem (there are several different errors) I came across several events related to SQL Server "insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this query". I'm running a quad core i5 machine with 8 gb of ram. Looking at my list of installed programs I notice that I have the following:

SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition
    SQL Server 2008 Setup Support Files
    SQL Server 2012 Native Client
    SQL Server 2014 Setup
    SQL Server 2014
    SQL Transact SQL Scriptdom
    SQL Server Browser for SQL Server 2014

I've tried to read about exactly what SQL Server is and it's as clear as mud to me. Can someone help me understand what it is? Do I need to have all those versions installed? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

lgentry, May 29, 2019
  4. DHervonen Win User

SQL Express 2016 - Adventureworks Database

What is the best Adventureworks Database to install on SQL Server Express 2016? I see there are several different 2016 AW databases. I am a beginner - just installed SQL Express on my computer. I need
    to use Adventureworks to learn to build tables and write T-SQL queries

DHervonen, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Looking for someone that understands SQL databases - Similar Threads - Looking someone understands

2. 2014 SQL database will not update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2014 SQL database will not update: SQL 2014 database will not update to nw version even though other databases have. Will not backup to anywhere other the original database folder. Need to be able to backup database to other location so can uninstall program and then download and reinstall new copyof program....
  3. 2014 SQL database will not update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2014 SQL database will not update: SQL 2014 database will not update to nw version even though other databases have. Will not backup to anywhere other the original database folder. Need to be able to backup database to other location so can uninstall program and then download and reinstall new copyof program....
  4. 2014 SQL database will not update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. SQL How to empty all tables in a database

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    SQL How to empty all tables in a database: You might need to purge all the data in all the tables in a particular database. For this we can use the following script. USE <database name> DECLARE @TableName AS VARCHAR(MAX) DECLARE table_cursor CURSOR FOR SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES WHERE TABLE_TYPE...
  6. SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues: Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I currently use MS SQL Server Management Studio v18.10 for work. Whenever I'm on WiFi, I have no issues connecting to SQL Server databases, but as soon as I plug in my ethernet cable, I can't connect and I get timeout...
  7. SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues: Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I currently use MS SQL Server Management Studio v18.10 for work. Whenever I'm on WiFi, I have no issues connecting to SQL Server databases, but as soon as I plug in my ethernet cable, I can't connect and I get timeout...
  8. SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Can someone explain databases to me?

Can someone explain databases to me?: I had never heard of these programs until trying to find one that will work with something I just downloaded. What exactly is a database and why do I need one for some programs? Are these databases files on my machine, or do they require Internet connection? If so, where are...
  10. Help me understand SQL Server

in Windows 10 Support
    Help me understand SQL Server: While trying to understand intermittent freezes in my Windows 10 that require hard reboots to recover from I was looking at my event viewer trying to find the culprit. Although I have not yet narrowed down the problem (there are several different errors) I came across several...