Windows 10: Looking for system restore replacement

Discus and support Looking for system restore replacement in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am using Win 10 V 1809 and am having system restore point issues. I can create a restore point but not revert to any available. I've tried the boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Butch73, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Butch73 Win User

Looking for system restore replacement

I am using Win 10 V 1809 and am having system restore point issues. I can create a restore point
    but not revert to any available.
    I've tried the boot safe mode - disable defender and still get unsucessful restore.

Looking for system restore replacement Capture.jpg

I've tried alternative called restorerx

https://horizondatasys.com/reboot-restore-rx-freeware/

and
    http://farstone.com/restoreit/

The first one is freeware and up to seven snaps are allowed -Pro version is unlimited
    The second link; claims to take snap after uninstall program which is nice idea.
    I know that a image restore or backup is best but that does take some time and a dedicate
    external HD to store all the data on your activce HD.

Interested in any suggestions.
    Thanks *Smile

:)

Butch73, Feb 9, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Looking for system restore replacement [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Cannot perform a system restore

Hi Cecil,

For us to better assist you with the issue on system restore, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you've performed System restore? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Looking for system restore replacement

System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Looking for system restore replacement

1. Looking for system restore replacement - Similar Threads - Looking system restore

2. looking for a Replacement for Adobe Flashplayer

in Windows 10 Customization
    looking for a Replacement for Adobe Flashplayer: some of my apps require flash player since Adobe Flash is no longer, I need to find a replacement. Some of apps are not working, I even tried to run using Chrome same Results Nothing Any Help would be Great. I have Windows 10 , and using Microsoft Edge...
  3. System Restore Failed to replace the file --- 0x80070780

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore Failed to replace the file --- 0x80070780: I want to use the System Restore function but I simply can not get it to work.... ever. I've had like 6 different errors and I think I fixed them, however I'm stuck on this one: System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not...
  4. System Restore failed to replace the file, Error Code 0x80070780

in Windows 10 News
    System Restore failed to replace the file, Error Code 0x80070780: In as much as System Restore is a great feature in Windows 10 that can be used to resolve most issues by reverting the system back to an earlier working state (snapshot), the feature has its own fair share of errors. One such error is 0x80070780, which you may encounter when...
  5. restore deleted/replaced file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restore deleted/replaced file: Hello.. Today i went to cut and copy /paste a file that had the same name as another. Instead of choosing to rename and preserve both files [ chose to replace the homonymous one in a hurry. Is there a way to restore it?Is a picture...
  6. Windows System Restore failed to replace the file 0x80070780

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows System Restore failed to replace the file 0x80070780: Hi, I needed to perform system restore, but it failed with this error: System Restore failed to replace the file D:\Users\*******\Dropbox\.dropbox.cache\qebcobkqbgbzfynfuwbof\placeholder.bat with its original copy from the restore point. An unspecified error occurred...
  7. Looking to restore "This PC" View

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking to restore "This PC" View: I just got Windows 10 last week. I don't like how the drives are displayed below the folders in "THIS PC", so I tried messing around with the view, hoping to move them to the top of the window. And now, I can't seem to revert it to how it looked originally. The drives are no...
  8. Replacing System Board

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing System Board: I built my own PC and now I need to replace the System Board. I installed Windows 8 OEM on the original PC and have since upgraded to Windows 10 through the free upgrade program. I need to know what steps to take in reactivating Windows 10 upgrade. Do I have to buy Windows...
  9. Looking for a File/Windows Explorer replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a File/Windows Explorer replacement: I've been around since Windows 3.1 days and used the standard file/windows explorer, but getting frustrated by the limitations in Windows 10. Right now I have a mixed network, mainly Windows 7 Ultimate PCs plus a Windows 10 Home Laptop, plus a Linux Mint and a Linux based...
  10. Looking for a Hiren's BootCD replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a Hiren's BootCD replacement: Hello guys. I have used Hiren's BootCD a lot in the past. Great tool but I feel is quite outdated now. So, I am asking if anyone know any replacement for it. Of course if would be best if: + It is free. + It is not illegal. + It can be ran from cd/usb stick. + Runs...