Windows 10: Looking for the more secure way to wipe out data disk for good

Discus and support Looking for the more secure way to wipe out data disk for good in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good day, I would like to give some of my SSD's or HDD's but I want to make sure my data wouldn't be recoverable by any software or tools, or by an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by msigame, Jan 26, 2021.

1. msigame Win User

Looking for the more secure way to wipe out data disk for good

Good day,

I would like to give some of my SSD's or HDD's but I want to make sure my data wouldn't be recoverable by any software or tools, or by an expert firm.

I understand that by cleaning the drive, then formatting to NTFS, my data could still be recoverable.

My procedure could start from a system repair disk with only the drive to format inside the computer.

Would writing a file on disk after a clean and format to ntfs, assure me of a complete wipe of the drive ?

I didn't see any command in diskpart to write to disk after a format, if this is the solution.

Should I run diskpart from a batch file ?

Thank your for your help

P.S. I have Windows 10 Pro Retail USB version if it makes a difference.

Luc

:)

msigame, Jan 26, 2021

2. Easiest way to securely wipe laptop drive

The Diskpart “clean all” command will erase the drive's contents securely. It will write over every sector on the disk and zero out completely to delete data on the disk. And the deleted data cannot be recovered via usual tools.

Same goes with full format it will erase the drive's contents securely.

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Execute following commands to erase Disk 0.

Code:
    How to Use Cipher Command to Overwrite Deleted Data in Windows

FreeBooter, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Wiping computer

Your report suggests that your installation has suffered some damage which prevents Windows from doing a reset. In such stubborn cases I would do this:

1. Create a new media installation disk:

Windows 10 herunterladen
    2. Run setup.exe on this disk.
    It would wipe everything, including your data and all applications.

Frederik Long, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

Looking to secure my privacy

Data security is an illusion. If someone wants your information bad enough they will get it.
    I suggest you just enjoy your life and don't worry about it.

Kreij, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Looking for the more secure way to wipe out data disk for good - Similar Threads - Looking more secure

2. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?: WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN USING A DRIVE EARASER SOFTWARE, DELETE DATA MANUALLY FROM HARD-DRIVE, OR DELETING DATA THROUGH RE-INSTALLATING WINDOWS?...
  3. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?: WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN USING A DRIVE EARASER SOFTWARE, DELETE DATA MANUALLY FROM HARD-DRIVE, OR DELETING DATA THROUGH RE-INSTALLATING WINDOWS?...
  4. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Will deleting a pool from Storage Spaces wipe out the data on the disks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will deleting a pool from Storage Spaces wipe out the data on the disks?: Hi guys. I'm trying to help a friend swap out his SSD for an M.2 drive. He has a 500GB SSD (OS drive I want to image to the M.2) and a 2TB data drive. His m.2 wasn't showing up in Disk Management, and after some digging, I realized he was using Storage Spaces and windows...
  6. Is it safe to wipe out a bitlocked disk?

Is it safe to wipe out a bitlocked disk?: Hello, I have an ROG device and tried to dual boot by adding a new ssd, after installation of linux mint, i tried booting back to my windows disk, but i ran into BitLocker, and looking for the bit locker recovery code in my windows 10 account to no avail not even in my...
  7. Drive Encryption and Secure Data Wiping

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Drive Encryption and Secure Data Wiping: Okay, A new set of questions! I have a 240GB SSD with Win 10 Pro, Ver. 2004, Build 19041.329 - running as sweet as a nut. First questions. I plan to dual-boot Linux Mint Mate 19.3 alongside the Windows installation in a separate partition (offered as part of the Linux...
  8. Data wipe

Data wipe: So I was wondering if I restart windows via wipe all data future how much disk space will windows take? submitted by /u/isusbog45 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gw2c59/data_wipe/
  9. Easiest way to securely wipe laptop drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Easiest way to securely wipe laptop drive: I have a friend who's not very pc savvy and she needs to wipe her hard drive in an old laptop before she gives it away. Can anyone recommend an easy way she can do this? Something like plug in this USB stick and execute the program on it. It's Win7 on her machine. PS:...
  10. Hard disk on it's way out?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk on it's way out?: I have a friend's laptop in my care at present. 'something' had happened to it, it wouldn't boot and when I tried to fix it through repair with a W10 CD, I got that the disk was locked. I found some instructions for that and followed them and was then able to reset it. I...