Windows 10: Looking for these old DOS games.

Discus and support Looking for these old DOS games. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Any of you remember this old DOS Games, where you combat a tank in space. I think it was some kind of demo. And also a jet DOS game, when you fly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Muz, Mar 20, 2020.

1. MUZ
    Muz Win User

Looking for these old DOS games.

Any of you remember this old DOS Games, where you combat a tank in space. I think it was some kind of demo.

And also a jet DOS game, when you fly earlier in the game or crash, there's a loud scream.

:)

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Playing Old Dos Games

I have an Old Dos Game that I was able to find in bin format and was trying to figure out how to play it on Windows 10. I was trying to figure out DosBox but maybe it's just me but it's too complicated.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

sparker781, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Looking for these old DOS games. - Similar Threads - Looking old DOS

2. DOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOS: Can I run DOS pgm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dos/dc4fa29e-eac9-4aa1-b70c-2dadb0c17f09
  3. DOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOS: Can I run DOS pgm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dos/dc4fa29e-eac9-4aa1-b70c-2dadb0c17f09
  4. Removing old DOS dual-boot menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing old DOS dual-boot menu: Back in the day, this PC dual booted to either W7 or 10, each on a separate drive. At start up, the classic DOS boot choice menu would offer either. If not chosen manually the default O/S would boot. Today, W7 is history, and that entry in the msconfig/boot menu has been...
  5. dos

in Windows 10 Customization
    dos: I want to delete directory 'Contacts' on Decktop Windows 10 Normal Windows delete does not work. 1 Re-start in Safe Mode 2 Command mode - DOS 3 cd desktop 4 attrib -R Contacts 5 rmdir /S Contacts 6 dir and 'Contacts has gone. 7 Re-start and Contacts is back...
  6. What are good DOS games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are good DOS games?: I need recommendation of good DOS games. What are some good DOS games? 152654
  7. Old games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old games: I am trying to download an old game from the 90's. When I put in the cd it says that I have used all my space. Could this be a PC problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/1b59c716-2701-4713-ac01-05df244a01b5
  8. Looking for a game controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for a game controller: I have games downloaded from Windows Store to my laptop which is running Win 10 version 1803 build 17134.376. Where can I get a controller for those games ? The mouse is not exactly ideal for some games. Thank you. P.S. The only video game console I have is Play Station 2. I...
  9. Playing Old Dos Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing Old Dos Games: I have an Old Dos Game that I was able to find in bin format and was trying to figure out how to play it on Windows 10. I was trying to figure out DosBox but maybe it's just me but it's too complicated. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks 36500
  10. Learning Powershell, for an old DOS BAT-file guy

in Windows 10 Support
    Learning Powershell, for an old DOS BAT-file guy: So I go back to the days of DOS 6.2, and I've done a lot of BAT files since .*Nerd But I keep reading about Powershell. I've looked at some MS webpages for learning Powershell, and the learning curve seems pretty steep.*Sick Can anyone suggest a way to get started easily,...