Windows 10: Looking for tips to prevent what I consider a problem: Windows 10 ignores my cursor...

Discus and support Looking for tips to prevent what I consider a problem: Windows 10 ignores my cursor... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is a bit of a "hail Mary" play, as I doubt there's a solution for me short of switching to Linux. When I click and drag to select text in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GrinGrintharl, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Looking for tips to prevent what I consider a problem: Windows 10 ignores my cursor...

This is a bit of a "hail Mary" play, as I doubt there's a solution for me short of switching to Linux.

When I click and drag to select text in Windows 10, there occurs some automated behavior that drives me nuts because it prevents me from selecting exactly what I want to select. It happened in previous versions too.

Basically, the selection boundaries move dynamically to in include entire words and lines, ignoring where I try to place them.

It's not entirely consistent, and seems to be triggered by the speed and directing in which I am clicking and dragging. It might also trigger more commonly in some apps than others. I just noticed it in Outlook, for example.

I found a discussion (link below) that describes the problem well, and offers workarounds, but no solutions. It is suggested there that it is intended UI behavior that simply assumes that people always want to select entire words.

https://superuser.com/questions/203...he-default-text-selection-behavior-in-windows

Does anyone know if this feature or setting can be customized, and if so, where? Before anyone suggests turning it off, I don't have clicklock enabled.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/GrinGrintharl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GrinGrintharl, Aug 24, 2020

2. Mouse Cursor and pad cursor - Acer Aspire Lap Top.

Hi Tess,

Based on the description that you mentioned, you're having challenges controlling the mouse cursor. It looks like we will need more information about your concern in order to give the most appropriate advice. As such, please answer the following questions:

• Did make any changes to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. updating Windows operating system, hardware changes, etc.)?
    • Can you please tell us more description of the behavior of the mouse cursor?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to the link below for helpful tips and steps on how you can resolve this issue:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

We also suggest that you update the drivers in
    Windows 10
    as this process will apply new features and fixes that are essential to your hardware drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Lawrence Lib, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Looking for tips to prevent what I consider a problem: Windows 10 ignores my cursor...

lorraine walsh, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Looking for tips to prevent what I consider a problem: Windows 10 ignores my cursor...

1. Looking for tips to prevent what I consider a problem: Windows 10 ignores my cursor... - Similar Threads - Looking tips prevent

2. Enhancing Cursor Visibility in Windows 11/10: Tips and Tools

in Windows 10 News
    Enhancing Cursor Visibility in Windows 11/10: Tips and Tools: To enhance recorded Windows video tutorials or live presentations, you can highlight the mouse cursor. This involves applying a highlight effect to the small mouse cursor, making it clearer for viewers to follow while watching any kind of Windows tutorial video or viewing the...
  3. what do i have to consider when resetting my pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what do i have to consider when resetting my pc?: i aant to completely reset my pc and i already know that everything will be gone but i dont need any files on my pc so thats okay. i am just wondering if i need to know anything or need to have anything on hand before resetting via windows 10 because once its started, the...
  4. Should MoUsoCoreWorker.exe preventing sleep be ignored?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should MoUsoCoreWorker.exe preventing sleep be ignored?: I have seen several threads here complaining about this Code: powercfg /requests [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Windows\System32\MoUsoCoreWorker.exe USO Worker I don't take that as something to get rid of but a warning that there is a problem with Windows updates I just...
  5. Should MoUsoCoreWorker.exe preventing sleep be ignored?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should MoUsoCoreWorker.exe preventing sleep be ignored?: I have seen several threads here complaining about this Code: powercfg /requests [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Windows\System32\MoUsoCoreWorker.exe USO Worker I don't take that as something to get rid of but a warning that there is a problem with Windows updates I just...
  6. Wondering what things to consider

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wondering what things to consider: Hello, Used kari's tutorial when setting up Windows 10 a few years back. Now, am having issues with Windows update and might need to either use - Media creation tool to update to latest Win-1909 OR - install using...
  7. change cursor look

in Windows 10 Customization
    change cursor look: I recently changed the look of my cursor and now want to change it back. How can I do this please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-cursor-look/786976be-d6c5-4e5c-ac06-9fb80d96d545
  8. Windows 10 ignoring backup program request to prevent sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 ignoring backup program request to prevent sleep: I noticed that Windows 10 1903 is ignoring requests from backup applications to stay awake. Macrium support confirmed that Reflect issues API calls to keep the system awake. I can see this using powercfg /requests C:\Program Files x86\Wincouple None. s SYSTEM:...
  9. Windows 10 Tip: A closer look at the Windows Store

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Tip: A closer look at the Windows Store: What do you call a place that has the latest movies, TV, music, apps and games? The Windows Store of course! With the latest Windows 10 Anniversary Update the Windows Store is better than ever. Today, we’re giving you a quick tour around the new Store. [img] To find...
  10. Windows 10 Maintenance: What Has Changed & What You Need to Consider

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Maintenance: What Has Changed & What You Need to Consider: Windows 10 Maintenance: What Has Changed & What You Need to Consider Written by Gavin Phillips October 12, 2015 Windows 10 maintenance has changed. What does that mean for you? It means improvements to Recovery, and Security, while Windows Update is operating a...