Windows 10: Looking for tutorial for fresh install of win10 home on new ssd

Discus and support Looking for tutorial for fresh install of win10 home on new ssd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I looked over the tutorial for custom installation of win 10 but it had many steps about microsoft accounts that I'm not sure are applicable to me. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Caramelo, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Caramelo Win User

Looking for tutorial for fresh install of win10 home on new ssd

I looked over the tutorial for custom installation of win 10 but it had many steps about microsoft accounts that I'm not sure are applicable to me.

I have a new pc with a brand new ssd (sata) and I have made a bootable usb drive with win10 installation files on it.

I'd like to use a step by step guide of how to install the os, including if I need to format the ssd and whether I need to do anything special during the installation in order to be able to boot in UEFI bios.

:)

Caramelo, Jul 28, 2019

2. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Home in new SSD

I have this Dell N4010 Laptop that I want to upgrade with an SSD and use the existing HDD as Data drive. I have an original windows of digital license.

Please suggest how I can install a fresh copy of the windows in my new SSD with the existing license. And please suggest how to activate the new installation of Windows.

Fahim.Anwar, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Josh_922 Win User
    Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Jul 28, 2019
  4. pctv.man Win User

Fresh install of Win10 to a new SSD after I already Upgraded to Win10 on an iffy HDD.

I can't seem to get an answer on this.

I did a free upgrade to Win10 Home from Win 7 Home Premium.

I used the Windows Media creator (USB) to install after it failed twice by normal upgrade.

I installed Win10 on a HDD that may be a little iffy, possibly why it took 3 tries.

I would like to do a fresh install of Win10 on a 500 GBs SSD, due to the shaky nature of the HDD.

I have the data backed up on a WD backup drive.

Due to the iffy condition of the old HDD, I don't think a recovery or clone options are an option.

I want to do a fresh install and re-install my programs on to the new SSD.

How do I go about this?

Running a Dell XPS Studio 7100, with Win7 pre-installed. Have a very old ( 2010 or 11) recovery backup on DVDs, but since Win10 is installed and working, I/d rather not go that way. Attempts to recreate Win7 recovery failed. (HDD problem???)

Any time I tax the HDD (Defrag, Spinrite, Dell Disk check) the machine locks up.

Tried to clone HD to SSD same thing, it locked up.

pctv.man, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Looking for tutorial for fresh install of win10 home on new ssd - Similar Threads - Looking tutorial fresh

2. Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD: I'm in the middle of updating some hardware on my pc, and after installing windows on my new ssd, i cant seem to use windows 11 pro anymore. so i need to deactivate it on my old boot drive to use it?...
  3. Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD: I'm in the middle of updating some hardware on my pc, and after installing windows on my new ssd, i cant seem to use windows 11 pro anymore. so i need to deactivate it on my old boot drive to use it?...
  4. install fresh Win10 over complex Boot SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install fresh Win10 over complex Boot SSD?: My Boot disc is complicated. Dual boot Win7Pro 64 Sp1 + Linux + a remnant of previous Win10 installation. The Win7 part, my daily driver, has 237 installed programs (noted by Revo). I'm finally ready to give Win10 another go, but I'd prefer to leave intact as much as possible...
  5. Win10 calculator looks different after fresh installation

Win10 calculator looks different after fresh installation: I installed win10 on a fresh SSD using the same USB and the calculator looks different. The one I had looked like this : [ATTACH] Is there any way to get my calculator to look like that again? The win version i have now is 1809 build 17763.1098. 153050
  6. Win10 calculator looks different after fresh installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 calculator looks different after fresh installation: I installed win10 on a fresh SSD using the same USB and the calculator looks different. The one I had looked like this : [ATTACH] Is there any way to get my calculator to look like that again? The win version i have now is 1809 build 17763.1098. 153050
  7. Preforming a fresh installation of windows on a new ssd

Preforming a fresh installation of windows on a new ssd: I would like to get an ssd to house my OS and keep my large files and games on my current hdd. Instead of cloning the hdd, as it would be larger than the ssd. I would like to just install windows on the new drive but then does having two drives with windows installed conflict...
  8. Is there a tutorial for fresh paint?

Is there a tutorial for fresh paint?: Is there a tutorial for fresh paint? I can't get it to get back to painting, All I can do is blend colors. At least something to tell me what each of the icons represents....
  9. Looking for a new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for a new SSD: Hello all, Im looking for a new SSD to replace a failing HDD in my desktop. Desktop interface is SATA III 6GB/s. I would like one around 500GB of storage. It will be used as the OS and Program/Games drive. I already have a 1TB HDD set up as a data drive. Ive been...
  10. Fresh install on new laptop w/Win10-Home

Fresh install on new laptop w/Win10-Home: Hello, Just got a new Lenovo laptop with Win-10 Home to replace my older Win-7Pro laptop. This laptop has a whole bunch of junk software that Lenovo has installed. I was wondering what the best way is: - backup the system so in case I need to, I can reset to...