Windows 10: Looking for Windows Explorer search codes?

Discus and support Looking for Windows Explorer search codes? in Cortana to solve the problem; If you want it, come and get it:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/lwef/-search-2x-wds-aqsreferenceOne thing to note is if a parameter has... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AblazeKarma03, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Looking for Windows Explorer search codes?

If you want it, come and get it:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/lwef/-search-2x-wds-aqsreferenceOne thing to note is if a parameter has >1 word, it should be entered as 1 word with no spaces in-between. For example, to search videos with a frame height >400, enter the search as frameheight:>400.

:)

AblazeKarma03, Sep 9, 2021

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Sep 9, 2021
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 9, 2021
  4. Looking for Windows Explorer search codes?

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

Looking for Windows Explorer search codes?

1. Looking for Windows Explorer search codes? - Similar Threads - Looking Explorer search

2. Search Box in Explorer Window top right Doesn't look for TAGS metadata in JPEGS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Box in Explorer Window top right Doesn't look for TAGS metadata in JPEGS: I have family photos, and each JPEG has its own tags and comments in the metadata "behind" the image. The textbox in the upper right corner of the folder window is not yielding accurate results when I search for "Birthday Party" or "Graduation." Please help....
  3. Search Box in Explorer Window top right Doesn't look for TAGS metadata in JPEGS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Box in Explorer Window top right Doesn't look for TAGS metadata in JPEGS: I have family photos, and each JPEG has its own tags and comments in the metadata "behind" the image. The textbox in the upper right corner of the folder window is not yielding accurate results when I search for "Birthday Party" or "Graduation." Please help....
  4. Search Box in Explorer Window top right Doesn't look for TAGS metadata in JPEGS

in Cortana
  5. Windows Explorer search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer search: When I conduct a search in Windows Explorer it produces results that fit only part of my search string, for example only "abs" out of ".abs." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-search/14a92370-0168-4196-b414-2e77038e283e
  6. File explorer search is looking in the wrong place

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer search is looking in the wrong place: When I download a file to my Windows 10 (Version 1903) PC it saves it in C:/Users/username/downloads which is as it should. But when I try to search for something in a file explorer window it isn't linking to files in the C drive downloads folder, instead it is linking to...
  7. Searching in Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Searching in Windows explorer: Hello guys, I have a question about the behaviour of the windows explorer search. On my two personal computers when I open a folder which contains many other folders, I can press the button, for example, "r" to jump to the first folder that begins with the letter "r". I like...
  8. A look at VX Search, a desktop search program for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    A look at VX Search, a desktop search program for Windows: VX Search is a powerful desktop search program for Windows that is available as a free version and commercial versions. Windows Search, the built-in search function of the Windows operating system, does not have the best of reputations. While it is good enough for launching...
  9. A new look for Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    A new look for Google Search: Our goal with Search always has been to help people quickly and easily find the information that they’re looking for. Over the years, the amount and format of information available on the web has changed drastically—from the proliferation of images and video, to the...
  10. Looking for a File/Windows Explorer replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a File/Windows Explorer replacement: I've been around since Windows 3.1 days and used the standard file/windows explorer, but getting frustrated by the limitations in Windows 10. Right now I have a mixed network, mainly Windows 7 Ultimate PCs plus a Windows 10 Home Laptop, plus a Linux Mint and a Linux based...