Windows 10: Looking over my System Events, should I be worried about the following two issues?

Discus and support Looking over my System Events, should I be worried about the following two issues? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a few Event ID: 10016, DistributedCOM, each is at the level of warning. The following information is what one of them says, is this normal? Do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aisaketurketo, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Looking over my System Events, should I be worried about the following two issues?

I have a few Event ID: 10016, DistributedCOM, each is at the level of warning. The following information is what one of them says, is this normal? Do I need to do something to rectify this?

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}
    and APPID
    {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}
    to the user DESKTOP-D57EAR6\ahsah SID S-1-5-21-1926700960-2809039581-1640759041-1005 from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy SID S-1-15-2-155514346-2573954481-755741238-1654018636-1233331829-3075935687-2861478708. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

:)

aisaketurketo, Jan 26, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you on a domain network?
    2. May I know the make and the model number of your system?

The event logs you have provided seems to be the security logs that is generated when you login to your system. For more information on the event that was generated, you can check
    4672(S): Special privileges assigned to new logon.

The Windows error logs will be located at Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System.

Please follow the step below and check if it works for you.

Step: Improve Windows 10 Performance.

Try some of the following suggestions to help
    make your Windows 10 PC run better
    . The steps are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that fixes the problem, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Note: The last step on the article contains Windows Reset, I suggest you not to perform Windows reset, as there is a change your data and applications will be wiped and also
    the OS will reverted back to previous version you upgraded from.

If the issue still persists, please reply to this post with more information so that we can identify the root cause of this issue and assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Nick Dich Win User

Looking over my System Events, should I be worried about the following two issues?

202 event error - file history doesn't recognize

Hi Robert,

This event error might be caused by damaged system files on your computer. To help you resolve this issue, we would suggest you to perform the following scans listed below:

Method 1:

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin).

• Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

If it does not help, use method 2.

Method 2:

Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin).

• Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Let us know how it goes.

Nick Dich, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Looking over my System Events, should I be worried about the following two issues?

1. Looking over my System Events, should I be worried about the following two issues? - Similar Threads - Looking System Events

2. Should I be worrying about my PC at all?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I be worrying about my PC at all?: Sometimes, when I shut down my PC, I get a popup that says "This app is preventing shutdown" this also happens with steam but that's normal and it's an unknown app with no name and a windows vista i think EXE icon. Should I be worrying about any malware or anything?...
  3. Should I be worrying about my PC at all?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I be worrying about my PC at all?: Sometimes, when I shut down my PC, I get a popup that says "This app is preventing shutdown" this also happens with steam but that's normal and it's an unknown app with no name and a windows vista i think EXE icon. Should I be worrying about any malware or anything?...
  4. Should I be worried about the Iran Hackers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I be worried about the Iran Hackers?: I'm writing an article for my website and will include a link to this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-be-worried-about-the-iran-hackers/0b1ac8cb-646c-46ac-9016-1d29da69ae86
  5. Should I be worried about the Iran Hackers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I be worried about the Iran Hackers?: I'm writing an article for my website and will include a link to this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-be-worried-about-the-iran-hackers/0b1ac8cb-646c-46ac-9016-1d29da69ae86
  6. should i be worried about error 0x80080207 ?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    should i be worried about error 0x80080207 ?: just bought forza horizon 4, getting weird downloads. for the first while it downloaded at about 50 mb/s, which isnt bad i guess but then it started giving me these 0x80080207 errors. i looked around for answers and found a few about deleting the Download folder in...
  7. Should I be worried about my webcam?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I be worried about my webcam?: Hey guys, Like many of you right now, I’m working from home and I had to buy a decent webcam. It has a nice led on it when is on, but no lens cap to cover it when it’s not in use. I’m kinda worried about a possible breach, or a bug, or some kind of virus who could take...
  8. I'm about to get 1803 -Should I be worried?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm about to get 1803 -Should I be worried?: I have read many, many problems encountered by users after 1803 was applied to their system. In fact there are web sites devoted to 'common problems after installing v1803' I can see mine will be applied when I next re-start. Should I be concerned? Your thoughts? 110574
  9. Should these event entries worry me?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should these event entries worry me?: I am still seeing unexpected restarts, though not as many as prior to upgrading from 7 to 10. However the event logs around today's restart were are a bumper crop, of which some I have not seen before. I hope someone will look at what I post below and advise me, please, if...
  10. Worried about event viewer errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Worried about event viewer errors: hi guys managed to install windows 10 and everything seems to be working great. I looked in event viewer and I'm getting loads of errors, the same over and over. one is that keeps coming up is kernel-power event id 137 The system firmware has changed the processor's...