Windows 10: Looking to adding more RAM but cannot find compatible module

Discus and support Looking to adding more RAM but cannot find compatible module in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I intend to install a Crucial MX500 CT1000MX500SSD1 1 TB SSD but do not know which RAM 8GB is compatible for this laptop. Laptop model; HP Laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by scopio, Jun 16, 2020.

1. scopio Win User

Looking to adding more RAM but cannot find compatible module

I intend to install a Crucial MX500 CT1000MX500SSD1 1 TB SSD but do not know which RAM 8GB is compatible for this laptop.
    Laptop model;
    HP Laptop 15-da0xxx 4BA37EA#ABU
    CPU Intel Pentium Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz
    Motherboard Model 84AA (U3E1)
    I have tried asking Crucial and HP forum but without a definite answer to which 8GB module will be compatible with the above laptop.

Would appreciate if someone could direct me to the right compatible 8GB RAM module to buy for this device.

:)

scopio, Jun 16, 2020
  2. scopio Win User

I will accept your suggestion and have cancelled the Crucial CT8G4SFS8266 8 GB (DDR4, 2666 MT/s, PC4-21300, Single Rank x8, SODIMM, 260-Pin) Memory: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories and ordered Samsung M471A5244CB0-CTD Memory, 4 GB DDR4 2666 MHzSamsung M471A5244CB0-CTD Memory, 4 GB DDR4 2666 MHz: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
    HWinfo shows that the installed module is in row two so I assume that there is a row 1?
    Looking to adding more RAM but cannot find compatible module [​IMG]

Looking to adding more RAM but cannot find compatible module [​IMG]

scopio, Jun 21, 2020
  3. scopio Win User

I intend to install a Crucial MX500 CT1000MX500SSD1 1 TB SSD but do not know which RAM 8GB is compatible for this laptop.
    Laptop model;
    I have tried asking Crucial and HP forum but without a definite answer to which 8GB module will be compatible with the above laptop.

Would appreciate if someone could direct me to the right compatible 8GB RAM module to buy for this device.

scopio, Jun 21, 2020
  4. scopio Win User

Thanks to @ignatzatsonic, @ Megahertz and @Berton.
    @Berton just to clarify I already have the storage Crucial MX500 CT1000MX500SSD1 1 TB SSD.
    What I cannot find is compatible 8GB RAM module for the

scopio, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Looking to adding more RAM but cannot find compatible module - Similar Threads - Looking adding more

2. Cannot Find TPM Module for my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Find TPM Module for my Laptop: I currently own an Inspiron 15R 5521 Laptop running Windows 10 at 64-bit and to update it to Windows 11, I need the TPM module enabled. I have scoured the net and have found various pages telling me how to enable this, but I cannot see the option in my BIOS. I also can't find...
  3. Cannot Find TPM Module for my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Find TPM Module for my Laptop: I currently own an Inspiron 15R 5521 Laptop running Windows 10 at 64-bit and to update it to Windows 11, I need the TPM module enabled. I have scoured the net and have found various pages telling me how to enable this, but I cannot see the option in my BIOS. I also can't find...
  4. Cannot Find TPM Module for my Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Adding more "RAM" through an USB drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding more "RAM" through an USB drive.: Hello, Basically, as you can see form the title, I am looking to add more "RAM" using an USB drive. I saw many tutorials that it is possible through ReadyBoost but my problem is that I have a SSD. Is there still any other ways to add? I currently only have like 4 and it...
  6. BSOD after adding a new RAM module

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after adding a new RAM module: Hello, I added a new RAM module on my laptop because I needed more capacity, but now I'm having these issues: I'm experiencing some BSODs, especially DRIVER OVERRUN STACK BUFFER and DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ones. Also, sometimes appears some colorful blocks/lines on the...
  7. Windows Deactivated after adding more RAM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Deactivated after adding more RAM: A few days ago I added two more ram sticks to my PC and didn't remove or tamper with the ones already in it. My PC was prebuilt and came with Windows 10 Home already activated so I don't have an email with the product key to reactivate it. I also tried the trouble shooter but...
  8. Adding more RAM to my Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding more RAM to my Windows 10 laptop: Hello My current Windows 10 laptop has 4gb DDR4 2400MHZ installed. Im planning to add another 8gb DDR4 stick so that I'll have a total of 12gb RAM. my question is can i mix 4gb & 8gb sticks together or should i just install 1 8gb stick first....
  9. More ram

More ram: hi,guys I have a dell inspiron m5040 laptop, it seems to load web pages a bit on the slow side, I note its using 4 GB of ram at the moment, I believe I can add a further 4 GB of ram, do you guys think the upgrade to a total of 8 GB of ram would load web pages faster, thanks...
  10. Adding more "Ram" ?

Adding more "Ram" ?: I noticed that my laptop could handle a little more "Ram" so i ran the Crucial info tool and the screenshot shows what options i have . I have an Asus U56e laptop which i believe came with 6 gigs of Ram , would going this route improve speed even by a small amount ?...