Windows 10: Looking to buy a PC microphone

Discus and support Looking to buy a PC microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'd like to get a microphone to connect to my PC. It only needs to be suitable for voice use and quality. I currently have a headset and the mike... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tpriest, Apr 22, 2020.

1. tpriest Win User

Looking to buy a PC microphone

I'd like to get a microphone to connect to my PC. It only needs to be suitable for voice use and quality.

I currently have a headset and the mike works but is clumsy to use.

Would a USB mike be OK or does it need to be connected by a 3.5mm jack?

Any suggestions?

:)

tpriest, Apr 22, 2020

2. Microphone connection

Hi,

Regarding your query with your microphone connection, we suggest to answer the following questions below:

• What is the make and model of your microphone?
    • What is the specs of your microphone?

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Looking to buy a PC microphone - Similar Threads - Looking buy microphone

2. Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser: Split from this thread. Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser as my laptop clearly needs to be tidied up. I have no idea what I can do to remove all those temporary files which I think would be a good starting point. Any ideas of how I do that within...
  3. Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser: Split from this thread. Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser as my laptop clearly needs to be tidied up. I have no idea what I can do to remove all those temporary files which I think would be a good starting point. Any ideas of how I do that within...
  4. Buying a prebuilt pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buying a prebuilt pc: I am considering about getting a prebuilt gaming pc but I am worried it might not come with an activated key and I do not want to spend 150$ for a new activation key should I buy a prebuilt pc? or do I buy one from a popular brand? or do I just not buy a prebuilt gaming pc?...
  5. Buying a prebuilt pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buying a prebuilt pc: I am considering about getting a prebuilt gaming pc but I am worried it might not come with an activated key and I do not want to spend 150$ for a new activation key should I buy a prebuilt pc? or do I buy one from a popular brand? or do I just not buy a prebuilt gaming pc?...
  6. Looking to buy new bluetooth headphones - will they work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking to buy new bluetooth headphones - will they work on Windows 10: Hey all; I am planning to purchase a new pair of Bluetooth (5.x) headphones for use with both my Android 10 phone (Moto G7 Optimo Maxx) and my Windows 10 ver 2004 PC. My mobo is Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus Wifi. I have checked that the mobo supports BT ver 5.x, not sure whether...
  7. Looking to buy a Windows 10 Product Key for a PC Build from Scratch.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking to buy a Windows 10 Product Key for a PC Build from Scratch.: [ATTACH] Hey, I was just wondering whether this is the actual product key for Windows 10, like, will they send it to me as a product key? https://preview.redd.it/1w6726w31je51.png?width=596&format=png&auto=webp&s=cdf03870b1d49ababa66e69e4656228e1d5e8762 submitted by...
  8. To buy a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To buy a new PC: Ok so i need to build a Pc with good, fine settings like 4/8GB ram, 3.0 ghz processor and everything . Can somebody suggest me components???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-buy-a-new-pc/93cf2b3e-64cd-445d-b218-e8a58439c439
  9. Buying a new PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Buying a new PC: I will be purchasing a new PC next month. I use Todo Backup to create a system backup. Can I use the backup on a new SSD or would it be wise to do a clean install of Windows 10? I will uninstall the sound card driver and any other drivers that are obsolete because the new PC...
  10. Buy a no-os pc?

in Windows 10 Support
    Buy a no-os pc?: Found a few at Amazon and Newegg. I have a Windows 10 home USB stick which could get me started. Recently purchased an HP Pavilion 570 and found to my horror that it could only house one HD and absolutely will not boot from anything except the system drive. Big question: can...