Windows 10: Looking to change taskbar icon for "Show hidden icons"

Discus and support Looking to change taskbar icon for "Show hidden icons" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Because of poor vision, I have changed the taskbar icons in Windows 10 Pro for speakers, Network, and "Safely remove USB" to others more visible. I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FredBiles, Jul 11, 2019.

1. FredBiles Win User

Looking to change taskbar icon for "Show hidden icons"

Because of poor vision, I have changed the taskbar icons in Windows 10 Pro for speakers, Network, and "Safely remove USB" to others more visible.

I'd like to change the icon for "Show hidden icons", which is an up arrow. Does anyone know where the file for this icon is located?

:)

FredBiles, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jul 11, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Techpowerup bookmark icon in firefox?

changed the favicon for the forum
    uploaded a new smaller (bytes) icon for the main site
    added html code to suggest the icon to browsers

but i still cant get it to show up in firefox favourites

W1zzard, Jul 11, 2019
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thema:

1. Looking to change taskbar icon for "Show hidden icons" - Similar Threads - Looking change taskbar

2. Invisible icon in the "Show hidden icons" section of the Taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible icon in the "Show hidden icons" section of the Taskbar.: Good day,It has come to my attention that I have a invisible/transparent icon in my drop down section of my taskbar. I have no clue how to identify it and remove it. When I click or right click the Icon it does not do anything. Is there any basic steps to see how I can...
  3. Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar

Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar: Hi,I updated Windows 11 to 22610.1 ni_release yesterday, since then I lost the "^" in taskbar that is for the hidden icon menu. I tried the toggle button in the taskbar setting, but the toggle does nothing.I tried the restart the computer without fast startup, it didn't...
  4. Second ''Show Hidden icons'' on Taskbar

Second ''Show Hidden icons'' on Taskbar: Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  5. Second ''Show Hidden icons'' on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second ''Show Hidden icons'' on Taskbar: Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  6. Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons''

Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons'': Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  7. Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons'': Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  8. Change the "Show Hidden Icons" Icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the "Show Hidden Icons" Icon?: I have customized and replaced some icons in the system tray; Speakers, Network and the "Safely remove hardware" icons. I'd like to change the "Show Hidden Icons" icon too but can't find any information where that icon is stored. Does anybody know? 135947
  9. Change the "Show Hidden Icons" Icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the "Show Hidden Icons" Icon?: I have customized and replaced some icons in the system tray; Speakers, Network and the "Safely remove hardware" icons. I'd like to change the "Show Hidden Icons" icon too but can't find any information where that icon is stored. Does anybody know? 135947
  10. Always show hidden icons on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Always show hidden icons on taskbar?: Does anyone know how to customise the behaviour of icons so they always show in the taskbar? [img] 5235