Windows 10: Looking to clean up Boot SSD, any way to migrate non-windows 10 files?

Discus and support Looking to clean up Boot SSD, any way to migrate non-windows 10 files? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a 128GB Kingston SSD as my boot drive, and it seems like it has been getting suspiciously full despite me installing everything on my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by glitchdweller, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Looking to clean up Boot SSD, any way to migrate non-windows 10 files?

I have a 128GB Kingston SSD as my boot drive, and it seems like it has been getting suspiciously full despite me installing everything on my other drives. I am wondering if anybody knows of a way to migrate any files not specific to windows 10's base installation to another drive

Running windows 10 1903 Build 18362.535

:)

glitchdweller, Jan 13, 2020

2. Looking to clean up Boot SSD, any way to migrate non-windows 10 files?

I have a 128GB Kingston SSD as my boot drive, and it seems like it has been getting suspiciously full despite me installing everything on my other drives. I am wondering if anybody knows of a way to migrate any files not specific to windows 10's base installation to another drive

Running windows 10 1903 Build 18362.535

glitchdweller, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Win 10 clean install question

This is what I would do:
    • Shrink the hard drive partition until it's small enough to fit on the SSD.
    • Clone the Windows 8.1 setup to the SSD.
    • Boot off the SSD and make sure that Windows 8.1 is happy (i.e., no complaints about activation).
    • Upgrade to Windows 10 on the SSD.
    This way, you know that Windows 8.1 has a valid setup on the SSD before doing anything else. Plus, the Windows 10 upgrade will be processed much faster on the SSD. Finally, you still have the hard drive setup to fall back to if anything goes wrong.

Static~Charge, Jan 13, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Looking to clean up Boot SSD, any way to migrate non-windows 10 files?

zbook, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Looking to clean up Boot SSD, any way to migrate non-windows 10 files?

1. Looking to clean up Boot SSD, any way to migrate non-windows 10 files? - Similar Threads - Looking clean Boot

2. Migrate Windows 10 to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate Windows 10 to SSD: Hi, I just bought a new Kingston A400 SSD for my new pc & want to install Windows 10 on it but the motherboard Asus Prime B660M-A Wifi D4 didn’t list SSD as bootable drive & it recognize the SSD in bios under AHCI mode. I use usb drive as window installer to install window on...
  3. Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way: Recently my laptop has started showing the "Scanning and Repairing Volume C:" message on every single boot up. After doing some research and running some scans, I discovered that my C: drive the SSD on which Windows is installed is "Dirty". I have been looking for different...
  4. Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way: Recently my laptop has started showing the "Scanning and Repairing Volume C:" message on every single boot up. After doing some research and running some scans, I discovered that my C: drive the SSD on which Windows is installed is "Dirty". I have been looking for different...
  5. Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. MIGRATE WINDOWS 10 TO SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MIGRATE WINDOWS 10 TO SSD: Hi, I want to move windows 10 to a 120 GB SSD, but I have a 1 TB HDD, and I have used almost 80% of it. My plan is just to move windows 10 to the SSD and leave the HDD like it is. Is it possible?...
  7. Best way to clean up/ delete files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to clean up/ delete files?: I’ve been trying to run a virus scan on my Windows 10 laptop, but every time I run it my laptop overheats. I apparently have over 300k files. Is their any way I can lessen these files so my computer doesn’t overheat? (I don’t know anything that would help besides %temp% and...
  8. Is there any way to clean up or move C:\ProgramData ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to clean up or move C:\ProgramData ?: The amount of free storage on C: is decreasing steadily. Even though I install most of my apps on another drive (D:), C:\ProgramData just keeps getting bigger. Right now C:\ProgramData is 39.2 GB. Is there anything I can do about this, or does the whole C:\ProgramData have...
  9. Is there any possible way to migrate JUST my OS to an SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any possible way to migrate JUST my OS to an SSD?: A while back I had some issues with my pc. It's a long story, but I needed to do a clean install of windows, which ended up on my hard drive rather than my SSD. My pc has been running fine since then, but I wanted to move my OS back to my SSD. The only issue is, the only...
  10. $17 way of migrating to SSD and more...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    $17 way of migrating to SSD and more...: I stumbled upon this Startech Portable Dock/Cloner/Duplicator on Bestbuy.ca for only over $16. Startech Portable SATA Hard Drive Duplicator With eSATA and USB (SATDUPUE) : Storage Accessories - Best Buy Canada Other sites are selling it for a higher price up to more...