Windows 10: Looking to clean up Boot SSD, any way to migrate non-windows 10 files?

Discus and support Looking to clean up Boot SSD, any way to migrate non-windows 10 files? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a 128GB Kingston SSD as my boot drive, and it seems like it has been getting suspiciously full despite me installing everything on my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by glitchdweller, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Looking to clean up Boot SSD, any way to migrate non-windows 10 files?

I have a 128GB Kingston SSD as my boot drive, and it seems like it has been getting suspiciously full despite me installing everything on my other drives. I am wondering if anybody knows of a way to migrate any files not specific to windows 10's base installation to another drive

Running windows 10 1903 Build 18362.535

:)

glitchdweller, Jan 13, 2020

2. Looking to clean up Boot SSD, any way to migrate non-windows 10 files?

I have a 128GB Kingston SSD as my boot drive, and it seems like it has been getting suspiciously full despite me installing everything on my other drives. I am wondering if anybody knows of a way to migrate any files not specific to windows 10's base installation to another drive

Running windows 10 1903 Build 18362.535

glitchdweller, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Win 10 clean install question

This is what I would do:
    • Shrink the hard drive partition until it's small enough to fit on the SSD.
    • Clone the Windows 8.1 setup to the SSD.
    • Boot off the SSD and make sure that Windows 8.1 is happy (i.e., no complaints about activation).
    • Upgrade to Windows 10 on the SSD.
    This way, you know that Windows 8.1 has a valid setup on the SSD before doing anything else. Plus, the Windows 10 upgrade will be processed much faster on the SSD. Finally, you still have the hard drive setup to fall back to if anything goes wrong.

Static~Charge, Jan 13, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Looking to clean up Boot SSD, any way to migrate non-windows 10 files?

zbook, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Looking to clean up Boot SSD, any way to migrate non-windows 10 files?

1. Looking to clean up Boot SSD, any way to migrate non-windows 10 files? - Similar Threads - Looking clean Boot

2. Windows stuck in Boot screen after migrating SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows stuck in Boot screen after migrating SSD: So, after I plugged in my new SSD and copied all the files to it using Partition Wizard it is stuck in the loading screen after a restart. Normally it should just load a bit and then start the copying software. I've been waiting for 12 minutes now and yet nothing has...
  3. clean install of windows 10 on ssd will not re-boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean install of windows 10 on ssd will not re-boot: In a new build pc, I did clean install of Windows 10 on ssd. But when I restarted the pc, it will not boot up into Windows. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-of-windows-10-on-ssd-will-not-re/a46590d9-a5f8-461f-9457-bc776552992b
  4. Migrating Windows 10 to SSD Confusion.

Migrating Windows 10 to SSD Confusion.: Hi, I have an SSD and I have been researching on how to migrate my OS from my HDD to my SSD and different websites tell me different things. One says to use EaseUS to migrate my OS and files, others say use Macrium Reflect, also some say to to a System Image. Which one is the...
  5. Is there any way to move your boot files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any way to move your boot files?: So When I downloaded my windows 10 I had many ssd's and hardrives connected and while downloading windows to my samsung 970 pro the boot files (the odd 500mt thing) went to my intel 730p and I was thinking is it possible easily move them to my best ssd?[ATTACH]...
  6. Migrated Windows to an SSD drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrated Windows to an SSD drive: After a lot of hassle as per usual with any Microsoft product, I eventually managed to reinstall Windows 10 using the same Windows serial I got off the old disk. I couldn't clone the old disk as I got the blue screen each time. Anyway, it now says I have an unauthorized...
  7. Windows 10 HHD to SSD migration

Windows 10 HHD to SSD migration: So, I've recently bought a SSD 120gb drive. I waanted to only keep there my OS and browser. I wanted to transfer only the OS from old 1tb HHD to my new SSD. The problem is that i don't have partition only for system. My only partition is C: disk which contains my photos and...
  8. Cleaning up the DESKTOP SSD...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cleaning up the DESKTOP SSD...: Windows 10 PRO with a 1TB 840 EVO. Here's what things look like in EASUS Partition Master. It may not REALLY be a big thing but it offends my sense of order to have such a goofy looking disk. Which of these parititions do I NEED, and how do I get them all together,...
  9. Migration to an SSD

Migration to an SSD: I moved the Windows 10 installation of my mother's PC from a hard drive to a SSD using DriveImageXML drive2drive feature with Windows running. I copied the boot system partition and the Windows partition (C*Smile then booted with the new system partition. But even if I booted...
  10. $17 way of migrating to SSD and more...

$17 way of migrating to SSD and more...: I stumbled upon this Startech Portable Dock/Cloner/Duplicator on Bestbuy.ca for only over $16. Startech Portable SATA Hard Drive Duplicator With eSATA and USB (SATDUPUE) : Storage Accessories - Best Buy Canada Other sites are selling it for a higher price up to more...