Windows 10: Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In

Discus and support Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Lowering and raising the levels bar on this^ with a keyboard key or combination of keys. I've been using Line In to listen to my game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KingDecimator, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In

Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In [​IMG]

Lowering and raising the levels bar on this^ with a keyboard key or combination of keys.

I've been using Line In to listen to my game console audio but sometimes I need to adjust the volume, and I'd rather have a key to do it.

Is it at all possible to do this?

:)

KingDecimator, Feb 25, 2016
  2. MrJrx Win User

How to change the volume level changer?

Hey!

I have a problem after refreshing my computer. Whenever I use my keyboards buttons to change my volume level up or down it goes by the incrament of 10%. And I think it does it by some other driver or app that I didn't have before. The one looks like this:

I want to change it back to the usual one, which is the original one on windows. The one that looks like this, only volume one:

Thank you in advance Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In ;)

MrJrx, Feb 25, 2016
  3. wyldman68 Win User

Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In

Yes,you can create a Master Volume Shortcut and also assign a Shortcut Key.

Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.

Paste the following in to the location of the item area:-

%windir%\System32\SndVol.exe -f 49825268

Click Next button and give a name to the Shortcut and click Finish.

Now You right click on it and select Properties.

Click Shortcut tab.

Assign your desired shortcut key like F8 or F9 in the Shortcut Key area. Click on the key you wish to use.

Click OK/Apply.

wyldman68, Feb 25, 2016
  4. wyldman68 Win User
    Sorry, that just brings up the volume control.

wyldman68, Feb 25, 2016
  5. wyldman68 Win User
    I found the answer: after hitting the F8 or F9 to bring up volume box use up and down arrows to adjust volume.

wyldman68, Feb 25, 2016
  6. @wyldman68 That only brings up the volume control for Speakers.

How do I change the volume level for Line In?

KingDecimator, Feb 25, 2016
  7. Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In

Okay I got what I desired by downloading this application called Volume2 (I did not know it existed prior to the creation of this thread so my apologies).

Now I can use a hotkey to control the volume level of Line In.

A moderator can lock this thread.

KingDecimator, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In

1. Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In - Similar Threads - Looking Create Hotkey

2. volume levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume levels: hey, I have a new laptop asus zenbook with windows 10. whenever I unplug my headphones and then plug them back it resets my volume level to 100%. in my previous laptop also windows 10 it would remember my volume level let's say 50%. How do I fix it so it will remember my...
  3. Microphone Volume Level changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Volume Level changing: This problem has persisted for as long as I've been using windows 10 and I have never seen a working fix. My microphone Is plugged in, set to default device in sound control panel and I've set the gain on the microphone itself to where I would like it and have also set the...
  4. Volume level changes affect all users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume level changes affect all users: Is there a way to make it so changing the output volume on one account does not affect others? My wife and I use the same desktop and she prefers the volume much lower than me. Currently I have to change the volume back up each time she uses it. Is there a way to make it so...
  5. Volume Levels Always Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Levels Always Changing: To start I generally use a bluetooth headset with my pc but I dont think its the hardware itself. Whenever I'm watching shows, playing games, or just chatting in a call I've noticed that the audio levels just keep becoming louder for no clear reason. It's gotten to the...
  6. Create hotkey for mouse?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create hotkey for mouse?: I would like to create a hotkey on the mouse where I double press the mouse wheel so that it has the same function as the DEL key. How can I do that and is that even possible? Pressing the mouse wheel once would also be ok. Hotkey für Maus erstellen?
  7. Volume Levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Levels: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop but upon arrival I have noticed a problem with the sound. If I increase or decrease the volume level it does not change the actual volume coming from the speakers, the only time it changes is when it is turned to mute. I have tried...
  8. Volume hotkeys

Volume hotkeys: So I wanted to activate my debug screen in java edition mc, but when I press F3 it increases the volume. Can I change the volume hotkey in win. 10 to something else? (pause, end, etc.)...
  9. Invididual application volume levels change on their own

Invididual application volume levels change on their own: While using my computer, I can go days at a time without having to deal with this issue, which is what makes it even more frustrating when it does happen, as I don't know the cause. To begin, I'm on Windows 10, and while using my computer, I'll go to play music via Spotify,...
  10. Hotkey for changing scaling level?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hotkey for changing scaling level?: Are there any way to create a hotkey or so to quickly change scaling level in Win10? I have my PC hooked up to a TV and sometimes I want to change the scaling quickly for some programs. Any chance of this happening? 66511