Windows 10: looking to disable a pre-set screen function

Discus and support looking to disable a pre-set screen function in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys. My query is: when I slide a finger left to right across my touchpad, my laptop often minimises the screen to show all screens open. I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlisdairMcRae, Dec 17, 2017.

1. looking to disable a pre-set screen function

Hi guys. My query is: when I slide a finger left to right across my touchpad, my laptop often minimises the screen to show all screens open. I then have to tap the mousepad/touchpad to recover my full screen, which is a huge iritation. I've been told this is a function built into windows 10 but I wish to disable it and cannot find how. Can anyone recognise this and if so can you help? Many thanks

:)

AlisdairMcRae, Dec 17, 2017
  2. Bleu S. Win User

Nokia 108 Single Sim Home Screen

Hi,
    JamesCorry
    . The right function key and the signal bar on your phone is pre set and can't be changed. About the music icon you are seeing on the screen, check if your phone is set on silent mode. Go to Menu> Settings> Tone settings. We look forward to your
    reply.

Bleu S., Dec 17, 2017
  3. ILev Win User
    Function Keys on Windows 10

There's a BIOS setting to make set this permanently. Alternatively, you can pres Fn and Esc together to toggle between the traditional and the newer alternative functions (e.g. screen brightness, volume level, etc.).

Thema:

looking to disable a pre-set screen function

1. looking to disable a pre-set screen function - Similar Threads - looking disable pre

2. Pre-setting printer scales

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pre-setting printer scales: Hi, I want my printer to print at 90% scale and I print a lot of stuff. Is there an option to pre set the scale to automatically 90% rather than keep changing it every time I want to print something off?Thanks for help...
  3. Is it possible to disable the hideous Tablet-looking Settings windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to disable the hideous Tablet-looking Settings windows?: I hate when I click an icon in Control Panel and see those unsightly hideous windows, which are all that shows after I made the mistake to upgrade build H20 or something just today. Is there a way to disable these ugly windows I attached a picture with the ugly windows, the...
  4. How to disable the pre-login screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable the pre-login screen?: I want to disable the pre-login screen, the screen that appears "before" entering your password. I think it is a waste of time to click away that screen every single time. Please note that I am talking about the useless screen displaying an image before the screen you type in...
  5. Cat Disabled My Print Screen/Windows Function

Cat Disabled My Print Screen/Windows Function: In Windows 10, I used to be able to use the Print Screen function by pressing the Windows and Print Screen keys at the same time. Now pressing the Windows key just toggles to a different screen. This is my cat's fault!...
  6. Touch Screen Functions disabled

Touch Screen Functions disabled: I just got a new touch screen laptop then I changed the version from the latest windows 10 1909 to 2019 version of 1809 windows 10. After I switched then moved my finger on the screen nothing happened, and my narrator read nothing. The touch screen function has disabled, and...
  7. Settings home screen looks different between computers.

Settings home screen looks different between computers.: My settings home screen looks different between my Surface Book and a Surface Go that I own. Both are on the same OS Build of Windows 10 Pro. The Book has no Account info or OneDrive and Widows Update icons at the top. The Surface Go does have that information. Aside from...
  8. Pre-set up software install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre-set up software install?: Hello, I have a new hp 15 laptop and I am tryin to find out if I can install a program before it goes through the initial windows setup? 135077
  9. Disable PRE-boot Bit-locker timeout

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable PRE-boot Bit-locker timeout: I have had this problem before. The Pre-boot bit locker password randomly times out, sometime immediately after boot, sometime while I was typing the password. I found a solution to disable the timeout so it stays on the password page indefinitely. I can't find it anymore....
  10. Disable Pre-Login picture

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Pre-Login picture: Win 10 pro, latest updates Hi, My machine has no password prompt at startup. Ive eliminated the pretty picture page at boot and would like do the same at sign in/out. In fact, since I am the only user, id like to bypass the sign-in page as well, including at startup...