Windows 10: Looking to find folders on a drive with less than 500mb in them

Discus and support Looking to find folders on a drive with less than 500mb in them in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm looking for a way to list all folders on a certain drive either with less than 400mb total in the folder or maybe with no video files of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dashingw, May 26, 2019.

1. Dashingw Win User

Looking to find folders on a drive with less than 500mb in them

Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to list all folders on a certain drive either with less than 400mb total in the folder or maybe with no video files of any kind in the folder. Is there a way to do this either way ??

PLMK and thanks,
    Dash

:)

Dashingw, May 26, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, May 26, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Looking to find folders on a drive with less than 500mb in them - Similar Threads - Looking find folders

2. Drive showing less space than actually available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive showing less space than actually available: My drive is 250GB, but only shows as 150GB. I know there is more as i have had it, just booting one day it vanishes. When I try to shrink what is left, i get invalid parameter error. Hope screenshots help with what I mean...
  3. Drive showing less space than actually available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive showing less space than actually available: My drive is 250GB, but only shows as 150GB. I know there is more as i have had it, just booting one day it vanishes. When I try to shrink what is left, i get invalid parameter error. Hope screenshots help with what I mean...
  4. Windows 10 - C Drive Storage Space less than it should be

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - C Drive Storage Space less than it should be: I had bought a laptop a few months back in which I allotted the 256 GB SSD for C Drive.I installed very few things and some months ago, it showed that only around 30 GB was left in the drive. I contacted the support live chat and tried everything they asked, plus some other...
  5. How to submit a file for malware analysis that is larger than 500mb

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to submit a file for malware analysis that is larger than 500mb: I work for an eLearning company that makes small training simulations with Unreal Engine 4. Currently one of our .exes triggers the windows defender smartscreen which is concerning to the end user. A solution we are trying to pursue is to submit a file for malware analysis...
  6. Finding similar folders in different directories and combining them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Finding similar folders in different directories and combining them?: I want to know if anyone has had any luck in finding similar folders in different directories in a network drive and combining the folder's contents into one folder. I was thinking I should approach this with either Powershell or Python but not necessarily sure where to...
  7. Stated Drive Capacity Less Than Expected

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stated Drive Capacity Less Than Expected: Hi. This question is not quite the normal question that it appears. My SSD is stated as being a 128 GB drive, but only displays 117 GB. I am fully aware of the difference between the decimal and binary equivalent values. That is, the stated value of the drive is 128 GB...
  8. Driver IRQL not less than or equal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver IRQL not less than or equal: What failed: arusb Ihx.sys Any help would be highly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-irql-not-less-than-or-equal/f42a81a1-6476-4e76-9b7a-a2baf96b845c
  9. USB drive sleeps in less than 3 and a half minutes still

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive sleeps in less than 3 and a half minutes still: I can't believe that after a year and a half still Microsoft will not fix the USB drive sleep problem. I use an external Raid box with 4 HDs. It takes about a minute to awake after the Windows 10 boat anchor puts it to sleep. When I am working on a file I probably save about...
  10. USB drive sleeps in less than 3 and a half minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive sleeps in less than 3 and a half minutes: I am astounded that Microsoft won't let us choose whether or not our USB drive goes to sleep. It sleeps in less than 3.5 minutes. I'm working on a file, and every time I want to save changes I have to wait for the drive to spin up before I can continue. It's like being back...