Windows 10: Looking to get WIN 10 OS

Discus and support Looking to get WIN 10 OS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As this is my first post, and I believe I interpreted the forum rules correctly, please advise if I posted outside the rules. I have read several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AccessShell, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Looking to get WIN 10 OS

As this is my first post, and I believe I interpreted the forum rules correctly, please advise if I posted outside the rules.

I have read several articles on WIN 10 HOME vs WIN 10 PRO. I still cannot tell which is better for my needs. I do not need BitLocker device encryption. I do not need Windows Information Protection (WIP). This would be a personal computer, not for work. The only thing special is that will need to run at least two 32 bit apps. WIN Office 2003 Pro, and VB6.

Any suggestions!
    Thanks

:)

AccessShell, Jun 28, 2019

2. Question about the look & feel of Win 10

Microsoft;

I'm used to Win 95 ,98 ,XP ,& 7 in classic mode. With some effort Win 8 can be made to look & feel like the versions of windows I just listed. Will Win 10 be able to be put in a similar look & feel mode ? Win 8 try's to be a tablet & a desktop OS with
    out any "toggle" to switch between them. Is Win 10 going to try the same ? And if so will you ever make another OS like Win 95,98,XP, & 7 for programmers & others who don't want the visual "eye candy" but a straight forward business like OS ?

This is why I resisted Win 8 for so long until I bought a tablet (where Win 8 belongs).

Thank you for any of your time in answering this.

Vincent

Vince Rohrig, Jun 28, 2019
  3. After Win 10 Upgrade still showing Win 8.1 OS

Thank you for the response. I will answer your queries, but as you will see from my answers I will require more specific assistance from you.

• I had a Windows 8.1 PC for several years. In June or July 2015 I received the GET WIN 10 icon on my PC. Around mid August 2015 I clicked on Get Win 10, and from there the download and install happened "automatically" for the upgrade to Win 10.
    • Using your steps I opened the System configuration, and discovered the following:

a) in the boot tab Windows 10 is NOT set as the default. In fact, it does not even appear at all

b) Windows 8 is shown as both the default and OS. Once again Win 10 is not even shown as an option.
    Now that the system is clearly not showing Windows 10 whereas it does show under ALL SETTINGS\UPDATE and SYSTEM in the Control Panel, the question is simply how do I fix this problem?

Don Boomer, Jun 28, 2019
  4. NGeo Win User

Looking to get WIN 10 OS

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

Thema:

Looking to get WIN 10 OS

1. Looking to get WIN 10 OS - Similar Threads - Looking

2. Looking for an Offline Grade Calculator Tool for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for an Offline Grade Calculator Tool for Windows 10: Hello everyone,I'm a Third-year university student frequently needing to calculate my grades. Normally, I rely on online grade calculator resources, but I'm searching for a more convenient offline option.Is there any software or application within Windows 10 that specifically...
  3. Looking for an Offline Grade Calculator Tool for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for an Offline Grade Calculator Tool for Windows 10: Hello everyone,I'm a Third-year university student frequently needing to calculate my grades. Normally, I rely on online grade calculator resources, but I'm searching for a more convenient offline option.Is there any software or application within Windows 10 that specifically...
  4. Since I upgraded to Windows 11 the pc is crashing periodically. I have looked in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since I upgraded to Windows 11 the pc is crashing periodically. I have looked in the...: Occasionally the PC will reboot randomly. I looked in the eventvwr and found log files for each failure. There is no other information other than the PC rebooted without first closing down properly....
  5. Since I upgraded to Windows 11 the pc is crashing periodically. I have looked in the...

Since I upgraded to Windows 11 the pc is crashing periodically. I have looked in the...: Occasionally the PC will reboot randomly. I looked in the eventvwr and found log files for each failure. There is no other information other than the PC rebooted without first closing down properly....
  6. I don't want Microsoft Definder, It blocks most everything I try to look at on my computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want Microsoft Definder, It blocks most everything I try to look at on my computer...: Take Windows Defender off my computer and telephone. What good is it when it blocks me from doing what I want to do? I've lived many years without a defender, and I don't need one now! I added this thinking it would stop advertisements or some scams, but no it blocks me. If...
  7. I don't want Microsoft Definder, It blocks most everything I try to look at on my computer...

I don't want Microsoft Definder, It blocks most everything I try to look at on my computer...: Take Windows Defender off my computer and telephone. What good is it when it blocks me from doing what I want to do? I've lived many years without a defender, and I don't need one now! I added this thinking it would stop advertisements or some scams, but no it blocks me. If...
  8. Can Windows please look into publishing Windows 10 so it can be reinstalled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows please look into publishing Windows 10 so it can be reinstalled?: Hello, Windows 11 is terrible and I missed the 10 day window to revert back. I don't have WIndows 11 on a thumb drive or CD to be able to do a clean install. I don't understand why companies insist on rearranging things which are perfectly fine when they release upgrades. It...
  9. Can Windows please look into publishing Windows 10 so it can be reinstalled?

Can Windows please look into publishing Windows 10 so it can be reinstalled?: Hello, Windows 11 is terrible and I missed the 10 day window to revert back. I don't have WIndows 11 on a thumb drive or CD to be able to do a clean install. I don't understand why companies insist on rearranging things which are perfectly fine when they release upgrades. It...
  10. my pc looks to be hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc looks to be hacked: I got a notification on my google chrome that my computer was hacked, and they asked me to call this number 8773330322, so what measures do i have to take to protect my laptop....