Windows 10: Looking to get WIN 10 OS

Discus and support Looking to get WIN 10 OS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As this is my first post, and I believe I interpreted the forum rules correctly, please advise if I posted outside the rules. I have read several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AccessShell, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Looking to get WIN 10 OS

As this is my first post, and I believe I interpreted the forum rules correctly, please advise if I posted outside the rules.

I have read several articles on WIN 10 HOME vs WIN 10 PRO. I still cannot tell which is better for my needs. I do not need BitLocker device encryption. I do not need Windows Information Protection (WIP). This would be a personal computer, not for work. The only thing special is that will need to run at least two 32 bit apps. WIN Office 2003 Pro, and VB6.

Any suggestions!
    Thanks

:)

AccessShell, Jun 28, 2019

2. Question about the look & feel of Win 10

Microsoft;

I'm used to Win 95 ,98 ,XP ,& 7 in classic mode. With some effort Win 8 can be made to look & feel like the versions of windows I just listed. Will Win 10 be able to be put in a similar look & feel mode ? Win 8 try's to be a tablet & a desktop OS with
    out any "toggle" to switch between them. Is Win 10 going to try the same ? And if so will you ever make another OS like Win 95,98,XP, & 7 for programmers & others who don't want the visual "eye candy" but a straight forward business like OS ?

This is why I resisted Win 8 for so long until I bought a tablet (where Win 8 belongs).

Thank you for any of your time in answering this.

Vincent

Vince Rohrig, Jun 28, 2019
  3. After Win 10 Upgrade still showing Win 8.1 OS

Thank you for the response. I will answer your queries, but as you will see from my answers I will require more specific assistance from you.

• I had a Windows 8.1 PC for several years. In June or July 2015 I received the GET WIN 10 icon on my PC. Around mid August 2015 I clicked on Get Win 10, and from there the download and install happened "automatically" for the upgrade to Win 10.
    • Using your steps I opened the System configuration, and discovered the following:

a) in the boot tab Windows 10 is NOT set as the default. In fact, it does not even appear at all

b) Windows 8 is shown as both the default and OS. Once again Win 10 is not even shown as an option.
    Now that the system is clearly not showing Windows 10 whereas it does show under ALL SETTINGS\UPDATE and SYSTEM in the Control Panel, the question is simply how do I fix this problem?

Don Boomer, Jun 28, 2019
  4. NGeo Win User

Looking to get WIN 10 OS

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

Thema:

Looking to get WIN 10 OS

1. Looking to get WIN 10 OS - Similar Threads - Looking

2. COOL-LOOKING WINDOWS 10 (VER 1903) DESKTOP THAT RESEMBLES A MAC

in Windows 10 Customization
    COOL-LOOKING WINDOWS 10 (VER 1903) DESKTOP THAT RESEMBLES A MAC: This is how I prefer Windows 10 to look on all four of my desktops, and have been using it this way for about 5 years now. I always liked the launcher that comes standard with a Mac (and if you look closely at the left-most icon on the launcher, you'll see the old familiar...
  3. Wifi Issues(A lot of issues). Asking if this wifi card I am looking at will be stable.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Issues(A lot of issues). Asking if this wifi card I am looking at will be stable.: I have an Asus PCE-AC56 wifi card. Asus claims this card supports 5Ghz connection but after further review, I found out it technically does but the range of 5Ghz channels that this card can read is low which is causing me to get lag spikes on everything I do. I recently found...
  4. Looking to change taskbar icon for "Show hidden icons"

Looking to change taskbar icon for "Show hidden icons": Because of poor vision, I have changed the taskbar icons in Windows 10 Pro for speakers, Network, and "Safely remove USB" to others more visible. I'd like to change the icon for "Show hidden icons", which is an up arrow. Does anyone know where the file for this icon is...
  5. A look at VX Search, a desktop search program for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    A look at VX Search, a desktop search program for Windows: VX Search is a powerful desktop search program for Windows that is available as a free version and commercial versions. Windows Search, the built-in search function of the Windows operating system, does not have the best of reputations. While it is good enough for launching...
  6. Blue Cursor? Looks like a blue tear drop.

Blue Cursor? Looks like a blue tear drop.: One of my users managed to get this on their screen, I have no idea what this is, or how to get rid of it. It is a Surface 4 with the latest update to Windows 10 Pro. Thank you anyone who can help me. [IMG]...
  7. Strange looking windows [Solved]

Strange looking windows [Solved]: Hi, I had this problem with windows since i restarted it, all the windows have a strange looking border and sign, i will add a photo so you can get what i mean! Can anyone tell me how to fix it? [ATTACH]...
  8. Strange looking windows

Strange looking windows: Hi, I had this problem with windows since i restarted it, all the windows have a strange looking border and sign, i will add a photo so you can get what i mean! [ATTACH]...
  9. Looking for a (convenient) way to increase CPU real time performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Looking for a (convenient) way to increase CPU real time performance: I work in both Audio and Video. Latency in video editing isn't really a problem but with audio editing where changes need to be real time, latency becomes a problem. When editing audio I peak at around 40% CPU usage and can render audio nearly 400% faster than real time but...
  10. Windows 1903 - Top apps in search have no anti-aliasing and look horrible and jagged

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1903 - Top apps in search have no anti-aliasing and look horrible and jagged: As seen in the screenshot, I've tried restarts and all of the basic troubleshooting steps so I think it's safe to say it's a bug. Anyone else have this? [ATTACH]...