Windows 10: Looking to modify task bar hover settings

Discus and support Looking to modify task bar hover settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a bit of a think for hidden task bars. But I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the hover behaviour for the task bar, so I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JavaShipped, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Looking to modify task bar hover settings

Hi all,

I have a bit of a think for hidden task bars. But I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the hover behaviour for the task bar, so I have to hold the cursor at the taskbar location for a set amount of time before it shows?

I currently accidentally activate it too much.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/JavaShipped
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JavaShipped, Jul 16, 2020

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Vwake123 Win User
    No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking

When there is no window opened, hovering over taskbar app icons, a preview is shown, but on hovering over preview no full window is opened, and no peeking is done, and also clicking on that small preview, no window opened.

1. And whenever there is a window is opened then hovering over taskbar icons doesn't gives any preview of the window.
    2. But it still opens window, on just clicking on task bar icons ( i.e. working fine ).

And when two windows of any app is being opened and if minimized any of them then you can not maximise that minimized window...???

• And when both windows of same app is being minimized then hovering over task bar icon of that app still shows those two previews, but clicking on any preview doesn't provide anything, and thus it all means after minimizing those two window of that app you
      can not recover any of the window.
    Basically the problem is I'm not able to open window ( or make full ) from any task bar preview and the First (1.) one also of first paragraph.

Vwake123, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Looking to modify task bar hover settings

task bar question

Hi Peter,

Windows 10 has a feature to personalize your task bar icons. To retrieve the missing battery icon on your taskbar, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification Area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Look for Power and toggle Power to On. Your battery icon should appear in the system tray again.

Let us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Looking to modify task bar hover settings

1. Looking to modify task bar hover settings - Similar Threads - Looking modify task

2. Task bar doesn't respond on hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar doesn't respond on hover: My taskbar is pinned to the top of the screen and it's hides automatically.When multiple windows or just one are opened full screen and I try to switch windows or programs, or need smth else on the taskbar and I move my cursor to the top of screen trying to open it hidden...
  3. Task bar doesn't respond on hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar doesn't respond on hover: My taskbar is pinned to the top of the screen and it's hides automatically.When multiple windows or just one are opened full screen and I try to switch windows or programs, or need smth else on the taskbar and I move my cursor to the top of screen trying to open it hidden...
  4. Task bar doesn't respond on hover

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task bar not coming up when mouse hover it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar not coming up when mouse hover it: Taskbar suddenly went behind the screen and cant access it when the mouse hove it but if the windows in minimised or not maximised I can access taskbar. Its like it is sent to the back layer of the screen Here is the link of my problem.. https://youtu.be/V0-kw6RE_soIf u have...
  6. Task Bar Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Settings: Given as there isn't a way to move the task bar to anywhere but the middle or left on the bottom of the screen, has there any concerted effort to get MS to fix the issue so we can move it to the or side of the desktop? If not, maybe if more people let them know that something...
  7. Task Bar Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Settings: Given as there isn't a way to move the task bar to anywhere but the middle or left on the bottom of the screen, has there any concerted effort to get MS to fix the issue so we can move it to the or side of the desktop? If not, maybe if more people let them know that something...
  8. Task bar settings

Task bar settings: how do I turn on seconds in my taskbar time display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-settings/4e9a2842-9374-409a-8311-a0de878f3728
  9. task bar settings

task bar settings: I would like to know if there's a way to hide my taskbar completely? Currently I have the taskbar hidden, it reveals itself when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. However more often than not I do this accidentally while trying to do something near the bottom of the...
  10. No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking

No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking: When there is no window opened, hovering over taskbar app icons, a preview is shown, but on hovering over preview no full window is opened, and no peeking is done, and also clicking on that small preview, no window opened. And whenever there is a window is opened then...