Windows 10: Looking to upgrade CPU and Mobo

Discus and support Looking to upgrade CPU and Mobo in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey Guys! Here are my computer specs: Dell XPS 8700 Original Motherboard CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 @ 3GHz Quad core 3001Mhz Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CaddyQuinn, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Looking to upgrade CPU and Mobo

Hey Guys!

Here are my computer specs:
    Dell XPS 8700
    Original Motherboard
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 @ 3GHz Quad core 3001Mhz
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X series (2 x 8GB) 240pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

I was looking to upgrade my CPU and motherboard and keep within budge of under $300.

I did stumble on something like: Robot Check
    plus this mobo: B450-F Gaming Motherboard (ATX)

But would love to hear some thoughts on what I should look for or do you have your eyes on any compatible CPU+Mobo combos that you think would pair well with my system or be a good budget upgrade for me?

Might upgrade my GPU a few years down the road.

:)

CaddyQuinn, Jul 4, 2020

2. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO
      • New Hardware
        • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470
    This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

Chris Anguiano, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Amol S. Win User
    Changing my MOBO and CPU a

You will have to buy windows license if you change the motherboard, unless you made the computer originally in the first place, or bought a license key.

Amol S., Jul 4, 2020
  4. Kenp180 Win User

Looking to upgrade CPU and Mobo

Upgrading mobo and cpu

Currently have AMD Phenomx4, ddr3 ram with AM3 socket. Moving to AMD 10a-7700k cpu and ASUS mobo which use ddr3 but are FM2+ socket. Will my version of Win10 (1709), downloaded as free upgrade from Win7, be linked to my MS Account and therefore reactivate
    automatically with such a hardware change. Or will I need to purchase another licence or alter BIOS settings. I am a complete novice on this side of computing so any helpful advice very much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

Kenp180, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Looking to upgrade CPU and Mobo

1. Looking to upgrade CPU and Mobo - Similar Threads - Looking upgrade CPU

2. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade mobo and cpu: Hello im upgrading my motherboardand cpu,and my question is what i need to archivemaybe my windows?Also were I can find my windows key?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-mobo-and-cpu/62c21727-4492-4af4-87a4-eab84b67dd49
  3. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade mobo and cpu: Hello im upgrading my motherboardand cpu,and my question is what i need to archivemaybe my windows?Also were I can find my windows key?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-mobo-and-cpu/62c21727-4492-4af4-87a4-eab84b67dd49
  4. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random BSOD after CPU/mobo/ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD after CPU/mobo/ram upgrade: Hello,I know it is recommended to do a clean install after a complete platform upgrade, but i would rather not do that at this moment in time.I recently upgraded my pc from a Ryzen 5 5600x, 32gb 2666mhz ddr4 and an asus ROG motherboard, to a Ryzen 9 7900, 32gb 5600mhz ddr5...
  6. Random BSOD after CPU/mobo/ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD after CPU/mobo/ram upgrade: Hello,I know it is recommended to do a clean install after a complete platform upgrade, but i would rather not do that at this moment in time.I recently upgraded my pc from a Ryzen 5 5600x, 32gb 2666mhz ddr4 and an asus ROG motherboard, to a Ryzen 9 7900, 32gb 5600mhz ddr5...
  7. Looking to upgrade my CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking to upgrade my CPU: Looking into new Intel CPUs with heterogenous big/little design, and hearing about how Windows 11 supports the new Thread Director while Windows 10 does not, leading to performance decreases in some cases. Does anybody know if Microsoft will ever add Thread Director...
  8. CPU Mobo or MS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Mobo or MS?: Been reading forums for 5 days now on this hal.dll, pshed, ntsokrnl beast. All point to 3(+3) things, CPU MOBO and (3)drivers. So with tested memory (and swaps) tested SSD's (also swapped) and a fresh 10 install, no drivers, bios at defaults, every dump points to these same 3...
  9. Windows 10 activation after a mobo+cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation after a mobo+cpu upgrade: I recently changed my mobo and cpu and after i had to reinstall windows but when it booted up. I noticed the watermark in the bottom right corner. And i tried to activate windows and i dindt succeed i tried the option to activate windows after a hardware change and i...
  10. Activation after CPU and mobo upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after CPU and mobo upgrade: I'm updating my wife's Home PC to a new CPU and mobo (old had only 4G DDR2 memory and was slower than molasses). This PC was originally Win 7 Home and I used the free upgrade facility to go to Win 10 Home. This PC is listed as one of my devices under my account at...