Windows 10: looking to use a tv as a replacement computer display, need help

Discus and support looking to use a tv as a replacement computer display, need help in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; ok, so I have two tvs here, i'm trying to get at least ONE of them to cooperate and play nice, look nice etc. unfortunately both are presenting with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by xraiderv1, Aug 22, 2021.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

looking to use a tv as a replacement computer display, need help

ok, so I have two tvs here, i'm trying to get at least ONE of them to cooperate and play nice, look nice etc. unfortunately both are presenting with less than ideal clarity graphically speaking. ergo the graphics and text make me think I need coke bottle thick glasses. one is a vizio, model #D32hn-E0 the second is a samsung, model #UN32EH4003F connection type being used: hdmi ideally I'd have ONE of these two TVs dialed in and usable as a reasonably sharp image display. I'm at the point of needing help. windows system specs: Device name nonyabuisiness Processor AMD A6-8550 Radeon R5, 6 Compute Cores 2C+4G 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB OEMSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor gpu: nvidia geforce 730gt with 2gb dedicated video memory.

:)

xraiderv1, Aug 22, 2021
  2. qubit Win User

1080p tv wont display properly with computer

I know what's happening: the TV is overscanning the display and this is usually something changeable. I agree that it will look terrible overscanned.

There will be a button on the remote or menu option somewhere that allows you to change the aspect ratio. It should have several settings which you step through and one of them should map the display 1:1 to the computer's output. On the TV I had, the appropriate setting was called "Full", but all TV's are different.

qubit, Aug 22, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    1080p tv wont display properly with computer

Forgot all about that option, could be that it zoomed too

Hopefully he finds it *Smile looking to use a tv as a replacement computer display, need help :).

AsRock, Aug 22, 2021
  4. looking to use a tv as a replacement computer display, need help

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Aug 22, 2021
Thema:

looking to use a tv as a replacement computer display, need help

1. looking to use a tv as a replacement computer display, need help - Similar Threads - looking replacement computer

2. Need help with my PC while using a tv as a monitor .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with my PC while using a tv as a monitor .: So the thing is when i use my tv as a monitor the pixels break and the over-all picture quality is very bad. I tried changing resolution and all the stuff, about the aspect ratio I can't change that for some reason in the tv settings I don't know why that option is not...
  3. Need help with my PC while using a tv as a monitor .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with my PC while using a tv as a monitor .: So the thing is when i use my tv as a monitor the pixels break and the over-all picture quality is very bad. I tried changing resolution and all the stuff, about the aspect ratio I can't change that for some reason in the tv settings I don't know why that option is not...
  4. Need help with my PC while using a tv as a monitor .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cant replace need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant replace need help: So, I am converting from google account to Microsoft and I have a life worth of pictures in my google account I can currently go into my Microsoft photos and see the same pictures on both accounts I just want to make sure when I clean out my google account they will remain in...
  6. cant replace need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant replace need help: So, I am converting from google account to Microsoft and I have a life worth of pictures in my google account I can currently go into my Microsoft photos and see the same pictures on both accounts I just want to make sure when I clean out my google account they will remain in...
  7. Redirecting a TV display to a computer screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redirecting a TV display to a computer screen: This is really an odd one. I have TVs connected to my network and I have no problem casting what I am seeing on my computer screen to any of the TVs. Thank you, Chrome. I would like to do the reverse. I would like to take whatever is displaying on my TV and show it on my...
  8. Need help/advice looking for a Browser replacement for FF.

in Browsers and Email
    Need help/advice looking for a Browser replacement for FF.: Hi, Need help/advice looking for a Browser replacement for FF. Some of my wishes are: Ability to import & export log-ins & passwords in the std CSV format. Use my own home pg as the page I see when I call up the browser. Set the browser to send downloads to my warehouse...
  9. Using TV as computer monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using TV as computer monitors: Hello!!! I just bought 2 Insignia 24" TVs to be monitors. I use a Dell Inspirion 15 7000 I think Gaming Laptop and are using these as an extended display. The video quality is amazing, however, I cannot get it to be the right resolution to have the text and eveything else...
  10. No Display from Computer to TV or Multimedia

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Display from Computer to TV or Multimedia: I have a laptop that is running windows 10. The problem is that i cannot get my display to allow me to access a TV using the HDMI port or using the VGA port. What is wrong?...