Windows 10: Looks like a scam to me ---how do I get rid of it? I have MalwareBytes and Microsoft...

Discus and support Looks like a scam to me ---how do I get rid of it? I have MalwareBytes and Microsoft... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I ran Micorsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes and they found nothing[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HurricaneWCV, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Looks like a scam to me ---how do I get rid of it? I have MalwareBytes and Microsoft...

I ran Micorsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes and they found nothing Looks like a scam to me ---how do I get rid of it? I have MalwareBytes and Microsoft... a21328f3-3e96-4c02-a274-d48786bff854?upload=true.jpg

:)

HurricaneWCV, Dec 18, 2019
  2. LemP Win User

help us out to get rid of the scam

That was a scam. You either visited a dubious web site, clicked on a dubious link, or otherwise triggered the scam message.

Never call phone numbers that appear in a message that suggests that you have a computer problem.
    Never respond to cold calls for a "Windows" or "Microsoft" technician who suggests that your computer is having (or causing) a problem. These are
    ALL scams.

At this point, just open and finish your document. Don't open Chrome until you are finished.

What antimalware software is installed on your computer?

Download and run the free trial of Malwarebytes:
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/

If the message reappears when you re-start Chrome, your computer is infected with malware and you will have to take further steps to clean things up.

3. YT2252 Win User
    Microsoft scam - is the computer safe after these steps?

To Bruce Hagen - Thank you for your quick response. I read over it and need some clarification.

In your post a year and a half ago, Microsoft Scam,
    you said to run the following programs:

• Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    • AdwCleaner
    • SuperAntiSpyware
    • Junkware Removal Tool

In the post from yesterday, you referred me to http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-tech-support-scam-popups/, which says to run (IN THIS SEQUENCE):

• AdwCleaner
    • Junkware Removal Tool
    • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    • HitmanPro
    Then you said to run SuperAntiSpyware.

QUESTIONS:

• Since I've already run AdwCleaner, Junkware Removal Tool, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SuperAntiSpyware, do I need to run them again because I did NOT run them in the same sequence as above (i.e., I did Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1st, then AdwCleaner, then
      SuperAntiSpyware, and last Junkware Removal Tool)?
    • Can I simply do the steps I missed (i.e., reset router with strong logon/password) and run HitmanPro)? OR should I go back and do everything again but in the correct sequence?
    Thanks again for you assistance with this!

YT2252, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Looks like a scam to me ---how do I get rid of it? I have MalwareBytes and Microsoft...

Bruce Hagen, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Looks like a scam to me ---how do I get rid of it? I have MalwareBytes and Microsoft...

1. Looks like a scam to me ---how do I get rid of it? I have MalwareBytes and Microsoft... - Similar Threads - Looks scam rid

2. I received an email today. I have to upgrade? It looks like a scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received an email today. I have to upgrade? It looks like a scam: I received an email today from Microsoft saying I have to upgrade or they'll delete my files? Is this from Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-an-email-today-i-have-to-upgrade-it/02f56194-f11a-4466-9124-cca043b870aa
  3. I received an email today. I have to upgrade? It looks like a scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received an email today. I have to upgrade? It looks like a scam: I received an email today from Microsoft saying I have to upgrade or they'll delete my files? Is this from Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-an-email-today-i-have-to-upgrade-it/02f56194-f11a-4466-9124-cca043b870aa
  4. I received an email today. I have to upgrade? It looks like a scam

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how do i get my folder to look like this?????

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i get my folder to look like this?????: [ATTACH] how do i get my folder to look like this? i did something that made it look like that at one point but then i fucked it up. i know this is a simple question but windows 10 interface is so unnecessarily confusing sometimes....
  6. A notification that I cannot get rid of - looks like no network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A notification that I cannot get rid of - looks like no network: Hi, I occasionally get a pop up notification like the picture attached. Seems like a wifi network issue but that is not the case. Once it appears, there is no way to get rid of it. It stays on top of every other application. There is a OK button that appears when I hover...
  7. How do I get it to look like the first picture?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get it to look like the first picture?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ilikedoodless [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/irvvdr/how_do_i_get_it_to_look_like_the_first_picture/
  8. How do I get Win10 to look like this everywhere?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get Win10 to look like this everywhere?: I'm running Win10 Pro 64-bit and I am not crazy about the OEM GUI. I installed OpenShell and used System Font Changer to have Eurostile 11pt in as many places as possible because 1. I've used Eurostile since my Win95 days 2. I think Segoe is terribly ugly.' I have used...
  9. I have paid for support from 855-700-0290, looks like it was a scam. How do I get out of it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have paid for support from 855-700-0290, looks like it was a scam. How do I get out of it.: How do I remove the scam once I have paid money for them to fix the issues. It would like to remove the intrusive software... I was an idiot for not catching on to the scam... What do I need to do to retain my privacy.. including my credit card # and other information stored...
  10. I'm getting what I think are scam emails that are spoofed to look like microsoft.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm getting what I think are scam emails that are spoofed to look like microsoft.: They come from this email address Microsoft Rewards <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> When I hover over the email the links go to e.microsoft.com. Here's a screenshot. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 855-700-0290