Windows 10: Looks like the CONFIRM of ejection of a flash drive has been removed?

Discus and support Looks like the CONFIRM of ejection of a flash drive has been removed? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I really liked this feature as removing a flash without rejection in the past was disastrous. Because of that, I liked the "confirm" message. Is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jagman, Mar 25, 2019.

1. jagman Win User

Looks like the CONFIRM of ejection of a flash drive has been removed?

I really liked this feature as removing a flash without rejection in the past was disastrous. Because of that, I liked the "confirm" message.
    Is it gone forever?

:)

jagman, Mar 25, 2019
  2. AVGuy81 Win User

Eject Flash Drive confirmation message missing

Using Windows 10, I can use the eject flash drive icon but don't get a confirmation message that's its safe to remove my usb drive. Thoughts? It does appear to be ejected however. I like having the message pop up.

AVGuy81, Mar 25, 2019
  3. Eject Flash Drive confirmation message missing

It is no longer necessary to "safely eject" on flash drives. You can just yank it anytime it's not being used.

Windows automatically sets all these drives as "optimize for quick removal", as shown below, and you don't need to worry about ejecting them first.

Looks like the CONFIRM of ejection of a flash drive has been removed? f1465961-e94b-4099-9cf5-fed680165772.png

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 25, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Missing Eject in "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" List

Hi Tze Lin Wong,

The configuration to this can be found under settings. To enable this feature follow these steps:

1. Right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    2. Under Notification Area, choose
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    3. Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media
      and turn it on.

If this doesn't work, I suggest that you check with your USB drive manufacturer for new drivers or other updates.

All the best.

Mark Isi, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Looks like the CONFIRM of ejection of a flash drive has been removed? - Similar Threads - Looks CONFIRM ejection

2. Ejecting Flash Drive Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ejecting Flash Drive Issue: Hi!Why is it every time I insert a flash drive then ejecting it, It's always saying that the drive is in use even though I don't have any running applications in the background? I tried formatting the drive not quick, inserting the drive, and eject it after a few seconds but...
  3. Ejecting Flash Drive Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ejecting Flash Drive Issue: Hi!Why is it every time I insert a flash drive then ejecting it, It's always saying that the drive is in use even though I don't have any running applications in the background? I tried formatting the drive not quick, inserting the drive, and eject it after a few seconds but...
  4. No notification USB has been ejected

in Windows 10 Customization
    No notification USB has been ejected: When I used to eject my USB I knew that it was done because the screen closed down and I also heard a sound. Recently when I eject my USB nothing happens to notify me that I can remove it. I know that it is not a good idea to just remove it but in the meantime what should I...
  5. ejecting flash drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ejecting flash drives: I have been having this issue. I get the issue fixed and it comes back. I do not like to just pull a flash drive out. It will damage them and they cost too much.It seems to be an issue in Windows 10 2004 but IDK for sure. When I right click the icon down by the clock the USB...
  6. Looks like the CONFIRM of ejection of a flash drive has been removed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Looks like the CONFIRM of ejection of a flash drive has been removed?: I really liked this feature as removing a flash without rejection in the past was disastrous. Because of that, I liked the "confirm" message. Is it gone forever? 129572
  7. Ejecting Hard Drives and Flash Drives .....

Ejecting Hard Drives and Flash Drives .....: Is it safe to keep hard drives and flash drives connected all the time (Windows 10), even when shutting down everyday ... ? Or should I use the Eject feature to be safe ... ? 128834
  8. eject flash drive in WIN 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    eject flash drive in WIN 10: How do you safely eject a flash drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eject-flash-drive-in-win-10/9529c934-1547-41d6-b2e7-ba498807f206"
  9. No Option To Eject USB Flash Drive

No Option To Eject USB Flash Drive: New Windows 10 Pro install. When I click on the USB icon to eject a flash drive the flash drive shows up, but the option to eject USB flash memory is missing. Windows 10 Issue [img] How it should look, but this is from a Win 7 machine. [img] 100030
  10. Problem Ejecting Sandisk Flash Drive

Problem Ejecting Sandisk Flash Drive: Whenever i try to eject my Sandisk flash drive, by right-clicking on it's icon and clicking on "Eject Cruzer", I get an error window with the title, "Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device". The message says, "Windows is unable to stop the device 'USB Mass Storage...