Windows 10: "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account Try another email" Joining Windows 11 to Azure...

Discus and support "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account Try another email" Joining Windows 11 to Azure... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A new sales VP ordered a Windows 11 laptop for his work computer. When we got the computer in, and I started the initial setup, I was asked if I wanted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SnubMuffin, Dec 23, 2021.

1. "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account Try another email" Joining Windows 11 to Azure...

A new sales VP ordered a Windows 11 laptop for his work computer. When we got the computer in, and I started the initial setup, I was asked if I wanted to set the computer up for personal use or Work and School. I selected Work and School. When entering his email into the email field as requested, and then clicking on the next button at the bottom. I am met with the following error "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account. Try another email." I know this account is correct and is working properly because it can be used to join a Windows 10 device to Azure AD, it can also be used to sign into

:)

SnubMuffin, Dec 23, 2021
  2. Mr Davo Win User

Image W10 workstations for Azure AD join?

Hi All,

I want to image Windows 10; but more importantly I need to join Azure AD 'Out of the Box'!

I don't have a 'master' Azure AD account. I am not even sure that such a thing exits, e.g.: the Administrator account on a standard Active Directory Domain.

Where should I be looking for configuration, where it comes to Azure AD automatic joining?

My thoughts are PowerShell DST! But that is just a rumour.

Any suggestions would be amazing.

Regards,

Davo

Mr Davo, Dec 23, 2021
  3. Ethan.ASI Win User
    Joining a Windows 10 Pro machine to Azure AD without linking/registering an employees email address to that computer

I have been researching for a few weeks now trying to figure out how to join Azure AD for new purchased machines when setting up the machine.

I have two different scenarios that would be joining azure AD.

1. Shipping a machine that has not been setup yet directly to an employee's location. I have to walk through step by step on how to configure settings, join the azure domain, and how to download a program or two. Is their a Microsoft process that I can put
    information into that knows that computer needs to join our azure domain? I do not wish to sign in with my credentials to join the azure domain each time we order a new computer.

2. If my company has a windows 10 Home edition machine that we would want to add to our Azure AD, We purchase a windows 10 pro license and activate it under the settings. our next step is going into the settings to join an azure AD domain through a Microsoft
    account, however I do not wish to register my account on every computer in our environment. Is their a way to have this computer join azure AD with some sort of a token or activation process? The second issue to this scenario is after joining the azure AD
    with my credentials the local admin account is still active and I need to then go through the process of logging in and removing this account.

What would be the best process of joining my environments machines to our Azure AD network without having to register my account with each computer?

Ethan.ASI, Dec 23, 2021
  4. "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account Try another email" Joining Windows 11 to Azure...

Can't join Azure Active Directory

I think you have known how to join your device to Azure AD. In this case, I'd like to explain some things to you.

• For the Alternate Actions, A workstation group PC (non-domain joined computer) can display it.
    • If you just want users can access the resources from devices that meet your standards for security and compliance. You can register your device to Azure AD via + Connect.

For the differences between joining and registering devices to Azure AD, you can refer to this.

Nancy Xiong - MSFT, Dec 23, 2021
Thema:

"Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account Try another email" Joining Windows 11 to Azure...

1. "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account Try another email" Joining Windows 11 to Azure... - Similar Threads - Looks isn't Microsoft

2. "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account. Try another email or sign up for a new one."

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account. Try another email or sign up for a new one.": I have computers at my other location that I can set up users I created in Azure. I have a new PC that shows my kids in the users and when I put in my employees emails it says the error message I left in the subject line. This is beyond frustrating and for weeks I can't find...
  3. "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account. Try another email or sign up for a new one."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account. Try another email or sign up for a new one.": I have computers at my other location that I can set up users I created in Azure. I have a new PC that shows my kids in the users and when I put in my employees emails it says the error message I left in the subject line. This is beyond frustrating and for weeks I can't find...
  4. "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account. Try another email or sign up for a new one."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When trying to sign in my account, I get the error "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to sign in my account, I get the error "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft...: My business account was created by my admin about a week ago. It uses our domain as the email address i.e. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I've been trying to make an account on Microsoft Windows using this address so I can keep my personal and business accounts...
  6. When trying to sign in my account, I get the error "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft...

When trying to sign in my account, I get the error "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft...: My business account was created by my admin about a week ago. It uses our domain as the email address i.e. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I've been trying to make an account on Microsoft Windows using this address so I can keep my personal and business accounts...
  7. "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account Try another email" Joining Windows 11 to Azure...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account Try another email" Joining Windows 11 to Azure...: A new sales VP ordered a Windows 11 laptop for his work computer. When we got the computer in, and I started the initial setup, I was asked if I wanted to set the computer up for personal use or Work and School. I selected Work and School. When entering his email into the...
  8. Change user on Win10 to work account - Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change user on Win10 to work account - Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account: I bought a PC for work use, but it came with Win10 Home addition. So to set it up I used my personal Microsoft account and used the feature to "add work or school account" to add my work email/OneDrive. I have since upgraded the license on the PC to a Win10 Professional so...
  9. Change user on Win10 to work account - Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account

Change user on Win10 to work account - Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account: I bought a PC for work use, but it came with Win10 Home addition. So to set it up I used my personal Microsoft account and used the feature to "add work or school account" to add my work email/OneDrive. I have since upgraded the license on the PC to a Win10 Professional so...
  10. Change user on Win10 to work account - Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation