Windows 10: Loop: System Thread Exception Not Handled, Bad System Config Info

Discus and support Loop: System Thread Exception Not Handled, Bad System Config Info in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This Windows 10 (ver: 10.0.18362.592) cycles through these two messages. After Bad System Config Info, it goes through Preparing Automatic Repair but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeffFinnan, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Loop: System Thread Exception Not Handled, Bad System Config Info

This Windows 10 (ver: 10.0.18362.592) cycles through these two messages. After Bad System Config Info, it goes through Preparing Automatic Repair but then gives the System Thread Exception message. No specific files are indicated.

I booted with a Windows 10 installation media dvd. The options with that dvd booted are:

Start Up Repair
    Command Prompt
    Uninstall Updates
    System Restore
    System Image Recovery

The Start Up Repair did not achieve anything. The problem may have occurred during this past week's update. I was not around then. I tried to use the Uninstall Updates but that failed.

From the Command Prompt I tried to get into Safe Boot.

I entered:

bcedit /set {default} safeboot network

and got:

The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested device could not be found.

I was able to put the extracted V2 log collector on a flash drive and find it on the desktop through the command line. However, I could not figure out how to run the .lnk file. Is there a way?

Not sure what to try next.

Thanks,

Jeff

:)

JeffFinnan, Jan 21, 2020

2. Loop: System Thread Exception Not Handled, Bad System Config Info

This Windows 10 (ver: 10.0.18362.592) cycles through these two messages. After Bad System Config Info, it goes through Preparing Automatic Repair but then gives the System Thread Exception message. No specific files are indicated.

I booted with a Windows 10 installation media dvd. The options with that dvd booted are:

Start Up Repair
    Command Prompt
    Uninstall Updates
    System Restore
    System Image Recovery

The Start Up Repair did not achieve anything. The problem may have occurred during this past week's update. I was not around then. I tried to use the Uninstall Updates but that failed.

From the Command Prompt I tried to get into Safe Boot.

I entered:

bcedit /set {default} safeboot network

and got:

The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested device could not be found.

I was able to put the extracted V2 log collector on a flash drive and find it on the desktop through the command line. However, I could not figure out how to run the .lnk file. Is there a way?

Not sure what to try next.

Thanks,

Jeff

JeffFinnan, Jan 21, 2020
  3. System Thread Exception Not Handled?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

The System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows mostly occur due to incompatible or old graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death

I suggest you to boot into Safe Mode environment and update your graphic drivers.

Method 1: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Loop: System Thread Exception Not Handled, Bad System Config Info

System thread exception not handled--loop of death

Finally succumbed to Windows 10 update haranging from Microsoft. Was on Windows 7. Got the System thread exception not handled loop of death. Read lots of posts and apparently it was in the display adapter. No win10 update apparently available to old
    display adapter. Same problem with wifi adapter. So bought new ones of both. Got GEforce 8400 GS display adapter with up to date drivers installed. Tried to do a display driver update and it says the latest are installed. As of March 2016. Still get
    the loop on system thread exception not handled. Out of ideas. Any help?

SailorKane, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Loop: System Thread Exception Not Handled, Bad System Config Info

1. Loop: System Thread Exception Not Handled, Bad System Config Info - Similar Threads - Loop System Thread

2. Bad system config info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad system config info: Hello! I have problem with my pc with hardware reserved ram and the blue screen "bad system config info". I have total 8gb ram and only 6 is usable.Then i saw videos and information to fix reserved ram in boot options in windows.After this change my ram still reserving 2 gb...
  3. Bad System Config-Info

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad System Config-Info: My Laptop gave me the "Bad System Config Info" on the blue screen and after that the screen says "Preparing Automatic Repair" but never changes or shows any kind of loading after I let it sit over night. I have tried to launch into WinRE but it won't work no matter the method...
  4. Bad System Config Info error on loop

Bad System Config Info error on loop: I updated one of the drivers on my PC earlier and now am stuck in a loop of Bad System Config Info blue screen of death’s, with nothing I do working. I’ve attempted resetting it I dont mind losing all the files its relatively new, attempted to go back to a older version,...
  5. Bad System Config Info

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad System Config Info: It all started when I was playing Roblox and I closed it, after having some problems, I restarted it. Then it Blue Screened and gave me a Bad System Config Info error. Then, it went to "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." I waited about 9 hours....
  6. Bad system config info

Bad system config info: Bad system config info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-system-config-info/a004c111-41f4-410c-8858-294bdfcece64
  7. Bad system config info loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad system config info loop: My dell inspiron keeps loop loading over and over. the error code it gives me is "bad system config info". it does not run the auto recovery. i do not seem to be able to get to the recovery/boot menu or a cmd. i would like to be able to save the files on the laptop, I am...
  8. BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled & Bad System Config Info

BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled & Bad System Config Info: This Windows 10 cycles through these two messages. After Bad System Config Info, if goes throughPreparing Automatic Repair but the gives the Thread Exception message. No specific files are indicated. I booted with a Windows 10 installation media dvd. The options with that...
  9. bad system config info

in Windows 10 Customization
    bad system config info: computer not booting in windows. get the message above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-system-config-info/0323eef5-9bcd-4ad7-9c64-12e201e88a24
  10. BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: I’ve tried virtually everything I can find online and I’ve had enough of it. My computer has been in a “auto repair” “repair didn’t work” loop for like two weeks and I’m going insane, is there any way I can just use my computer and fix this? It doesn’t let me reset it and...