Windows 10: Loose shortcuts on reboot

Discus and support Loose shortcuts on reboot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I reboot my computer, it deletes my background, removes shortcuts on the desktop, and comes up with the welcome to window page. It also adds back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BradyFH, Jan 15, 2020.

1. BradyFH Win User

Loose shortcuts on reboot

When I reboot my computer, it deletes my background, removes shortcuts on the desktop, and comes up with the welcome to window page. It also adds back taskbar items that were removed, and reloads Microsoft Edge.

How can I get it to stop doing this, and reboot to where I had it set for?

:)

BradyFH, Jan 15, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Loose shortcuts on reboot :)

terrace, Jan 15, 2020
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 15, 2020
  4. NogtTL Win User

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Loose shortcuts on reboot - Similar Threads - Loose shortcuts reboot

2. After a reboot i loose the ability to go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After a reboot i loose the ability to go into sleep mode: When I select 'screen and sleep' or 'energy recomendations' to say 10min the computer will go to sleep after set time. When i turn my desktop computer off and then turn it on i loose all the sleep mode settings....
  3. After a reboot i loose the ability to go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a reboot i loose the ability to go into sleep mode: When I select 'screen and sleep' or 'energy recomendations' to say 10min the computer will go to sleep after set time. When i turn my desktop computer off and then turn it on i loose all the sleep mode settings....
  4. Loosing Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loosing Internet: My desktop shows that there is no internet. When checking the Ethernet and Wi-Fi adapters, they show that there is internet activity. I have a router/modem from my supplier, Spectrum, and to get internet back to the desktop, I need to disconnect the router/modem for a short...
  5. Loosing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loosing data: Every month when Windows 10 updates I loose all my data. Like my favorites links and my tax code info. Is there a setting or a something that can be done Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loosing-data/109240ae-dfa6-43e1-b886-cff82cf2ac5a
  6. Loosing Wifi

Loosing Wifi: Hello Tech Support, I bought a used laptop. I wiped it out and reinstalled applications. Since day 1 ,my wifi keeps dropping. I've tried to reset the modem. I did some cmd commands to reset ipv6, catalog, etc. and its still happening. My drivers are UTD. I'm loosing my...
  7. Win 10 Laptop Looses Wi-Fi on restart / reboot

Win 10 Laptop Looses Wi-Fi on restart / reboot: Windows 10 laptop will not accept or even recognize a Wi-Fi wireless network 90% of its startups. The laptop is as follows: HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GH 2.40 GHz System Type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor RAM: 12.0...
  8. IPv6 Looses Connectivity on Reboot

IPv6 Looses Connectivity on Reboot: Everytime I fully shut down my computer or reboot it, my IPv6 internet keeps dropping. I do have IPv6 from my ISP and I am using Google's public DNS servers for my IPv6. Everytime it looses connectivity, it still remains connected to the network but the connection then...
  9. How to create a reboot shortcut?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to create a reboot shortcut?: I found that one can shorten the steps of shutting down windows by creating a shortcut on the desktop. by using this command "%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0" The shutdown exe file can be found in the directory above. I thought I may be able to create a similar...
  10. Loosing tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Loosing tiles: On my Windows 10 touchscreen laptop I seem to have 3 modes. Pc and tablet but also tablet with no tiles . Touching somewhere on the bottom of the screen will toggle the tiles on and off. Is this correct 26874