Windows 10: Loosing data

Discus and support Loosing data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every month when Windows 10 updates I loose all my data. Like my favorites links and my tax code info. Is there a setting or a something that can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DennisBetts, May 22, 2020.

1. Loosing data

Every month when Windows 10 updates I loose all my data. Like my favorites links and my tax code info. Is there a setting or a something that can be done Thanks

:)

DennisBetts, May 22, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 22, 2020
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Loosing data :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, May 22, 2020
  4. jadow77 Win User

Loosing data

Storage pool upgrade - Will i loose data?

I have the option to upgrade my storage pool, will I loose my data on the pool?

jadow77, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Loosing data

1. Loosing data - Similar Threads - Loosing data

2. How do I recover the windows 10 without loosing all my data and programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover the windows 10 without loosing all my data and programs?: UMBELIAVABLE!!! MICROSOFT DID IT AGAIN!!!It is not the first or second time this happens, windows keeps on forcing updates that sooner or later break up the system.After another update yesterday, the windows stopped seeing my laptop bluetooth controller it is physically...
  3. How do I recover the windows 10 without loosing all my data and programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover the windows 10 without loosing all my data and programs?: UMBELIAVABLE!!! MICROSOFT DID IT AGAIN!!!It is not the first or second time this happens, windows keeps on forcing updates that sooner or later break up the system.After another update yesterday, the windows stopped seeing my laptop bluetooth controller it is physically...
  4. How do I recover the windows 10 without loosing all my data and programs?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to fix it including the description down without loosing any data on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix it including the description down without loosing any data on my PC: I accidentally formatted my C drive and now I can't install anything. I need help :. How to fix it and not loose any data on this PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-it-including-the-description-down/17e20eed-9fc3-4ad1-bf35-ae200eb902d7
  6. How to fix it including the description down without loosing any data on my PC

How to fix it including the description down without loosing any data on my PC: I accidentally formatted my C drive and now I can't install anything. I need help :. How to fix it and not loose any data on this PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-it-including-the-description-down/17e20eed-9fc3-4ad1-bf35-ae200eb902d7
  7. can I consolidate easily and without loosing data or getting locked out of an account? my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I consolidate easily and without loosing data or getting locked out of an account? my...: I have 4 email accounts 3 Gmail, 1 yahoo 1 laptop LG running windows 11 and 1 mobile phone Goggle Pixel 7 Pro, running Android 13 on the Tmobile 5g network. Can I have just 1 microsoft account with all these under it? I keep getting notices that one of my other accounts owns...
  8. can I consolidate easily and without loosing data or getting locked out of an account? my...

can I consolidate easily and without loosing data or getting locked out of an account? my...: I have 4 email accounts 3 Gmail, 1 yahoo 1 laptop LG running windows 11 and 1 mobile phone Goggle Pixel 7 Pro, running Android 13 on the Tmobile 5g network. Can I have just 1 microsoft account with all these under it? I keep getting notices that one of my other accounts owns...
  9. Need help with error code 0xc000000e. I do not want to loose my data. This happened after...

Need help with error code 0xc000000e. I do not want to loose my data. This happened after...: So I tried to install blackarch linux in the same hard drive but in a different parition. But I suppose sth has gone wrong and theonlything i see is error code 0xc000000e. Pks help me out, I do not want to loose my files and data. Thanks....
  10. Need help with error code 0xc000000e. I do not want to loose my data. This happened after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with error code 0xc000000e. I do not want to loose my data. This happened after...: So I tried to install blackarch linux in the same hard drive but in a different parition. But I suppose sth has gone wrong and theonlything i see is error code 0xc000000e. Pks help me out, I do not want to loose my files and data. Thanks....