Windows 10: Loosing document content on Wardpad

Discus and support Loosing document content on Wardpad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I typed up about 60 pages of a document through on word pad and now I cannot get my content. The file opens up, yes, but it is completely blank.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KenziaMasibo, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Loosing document content on Wardpad

I typed up about 60 pages of a document through on word pad and now I cannot get my content. The file opens up, yes, but it is completely blank. Though the scroll button is small and actually moves up and down af if the document is there but no words show. I have tried Copy and to another new file... nothing. Same thing.

I got MS Word and have tried to open the file through word but it shows block 0s all through as if it is a code or something. I realised my wordpad documents have an extension of .rtf so i tried to convert them to doc... none of the apps would go through with it. They all report back errors.

I have tried emailing the document to a friend of mine and it wont load to my gmail at all.

I really need to recover my actual document... any help will be appreciated.

:)

KenziaMasibo, Aug 20, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 20, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Aug 20, 2019
  4. marinro Win User

Loosing document content on Wardpad

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Loosing document content on Wardpad

1. Loosing document content on Wardpad - Similar Threads - Loosing document content

2. Documents folder and contents completely missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder and contents completely missing: My documents folder has completely vanished without explanation. It is not in the recycle bin nor are its contents, but the entire folder including all contents is completely gone. The shortcut on the side of the File Explorer is still there, but when I click on it I get a...
  3. Documents folder and contents completely missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder and contents completely missing: My documents folder has completely vanished without explanation. It is not in the recycle bin nor are its contents, but the entire folder including all contents is completely gone. The shortcut on the side of the File Explorer is still there, but when I click on it I get a...
  4. docx documents unreadable content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    docx documents unreadable content: Hi, Many of my docx documents were still readable in June this year. But they suddenly became unreadable today. When I tried to open them with Word, I saw this message: Word found unreadable content in [name].docx. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you...
  5. docx documents unreadable content

docx documents unreadable content: Hi, Many of my docx documents were still readable in June this year. But they suddenly became unreadable today. When I tried to open them with Word, I saw this message: Word found unreadable content in [name].docx. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you...
  6. Losing document content on Wordpad

Losing document content on Wordpad: I typed up about 60 pages of a document through on word pad and now I cannot get my content. The file opens up, yes, but it is completely blank. Though the scroll button is small and actually moves up and down af if the document is there but no words show. I have tried Copy...
  7. Lost documents folder contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost documents folder contents: Hi, after an automatic Windows 10 update all my documents vanished from the Documents folder - I now believe this was because a temporary profile was set up. Unfortunately I found my documents and returned them to the "new" documents folder. After re-booting, the temporary...
  8. This PC documents content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This PC documents content: I have a surface pro 4 running windows 10 and office 365. I am trying to understand how file storage is meant to work. In the file explorer tab I see: 1. Onedrive Documents etc 2. This PC Documents etc C\User 3. Documents etc 4....
  9. Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed

in Windows 10 Support
    Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed: I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a SSD. I'm keeping many files on an external USB hard drive. I had included the external drive's Documents folder in my Documents library. The File Explorer displayed files and folders on both the internal SSD and the external drive...
  10. Documents Library - Lost Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Library - Lost Contents: Hi all. First time over in the 10 Forums, but an old time member of the 7 Forum *chuckle I'm trying to work out a concern today, that's frankly driving me nuts. I installed the latest Creators Update a couple of days ago, and noticed this today, so I'm assuming its...