Windows 10: Loosing internet connection

Discus and support Loosing internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Odd issue, internet keeps disconnecting, sometimes only 15-30min between sometimes hours between. The wireless shows as connected and diagnostic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by l1nuxfre4k, May 30, 2016.

1. Loosing internet connection

Odd issue, internet keeps disconnecting, sometimes only 15-30min between sometimes hours between.
    The wireless shows as connected and diagnostic doesnt help.
    only thing that helps is to disable and enable it OR wait for a few min and it usually comes back on its own.

Whats going on? anyone got suggestion?
    Disabled power management for it already

:)

l1nuxfre4k, May 30, 2016

2. Loosing internet connection

Hi,

I have followed your instructions to solve the problem but it has not worked. The latest drivers are installed. The problem is only on my wired desktop that if I restart it does not connect to the internet, on the internet connection it show a yellow triangle.
    The only way to reestablish the connection is to do a complete shutdown and start it.

RicTroemel, May 30, 2016
  3. Loosing internet connection

Hi Ric,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Wi-Fi in windows 10. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Try the steps provided in the following Microsoft Help article and check if it helps.

Wired and wireless network problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Method 2:

Try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

a. Press/Tap Windows + W keys, type
    Command Prompt (Admin)
    in the search option.

b. On the command prompt window, type the following command and then tap ENTER:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

c. Close the command prompt.

Method 3:

Install the latest Wireless LAN drivers from the Manufacturer website and check.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, May 30, 2016
  4. werty Win User

Loosing internet connection

Hi,

what is the type of internet connection you are using - Ethernet, wireless or mobile broadband (cellular) ?

werty, May 30, 2016
  5. as i wrote, i use wireless.
    5Ghz band, im 3 meters from the router.
    Strong signal.

l1nuxfre4k, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Loosing internet connection

1. Loosing internet connection - Similar Threads - Loosing internet connection

2. loose internet connection for less than 1 second and VPN drops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    loose internet connection for less than 1 second and VPN drops: I was working with a Norton support person on my VPN dropping after 10 to 15 minutes. He was working on my laptop and I noticed in the chat box that my internet connection dropped and reconnected in less than 1 second and my VPN had dropped off but did not reconnect. This...
  3. WiFi adapter is connected, but looses internet connection after a few minutes

WiFi adapter is connected, but looses internet connection after a few minutes: When I start my PC the WiFi Adapter connects to my wifi and has internet access, I start a ping to 8.8.8.8 and it looses internet connection after about 2 minutes. The adapter is still connected to my wifi, but simply has no internet access. So my solution now is, to...
  4. Loosing WIFI connection

Loosing WIFI connection: After updating to Win 10 v2004 I am loosing my internet connection, in fact I loose all wifi connections and cannot see any wifi connections. I have another PC which connect perfectly to the internet. When I reboot my laptop, I can see the wifi connections and connects...
  5. Loosing Internet

Loosing Internet: My desktop shows that there is no internet. When checking the Ethernet and Wi-Fi adapters, they show that there is internet activity. I have a router/modem from my supplier, Spectrum, and to get internet back to the desktop, I need to disconnect the router/modem for a short...
  6. Randomly loosing internet connection

Randomly loosing internet connection: Hi! Lately, I have been facing a problem with win 10. The surfacing problem is that randomly, windows stops being able to reach any network. Checking the settings though through the UI as well as through ipconfig, the network seems to still be well configured to connect...
  7. PC looses connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC looses connection: I'm not even sure that's an apt description. MWB worked seamlessly for a couple of weeks. Now, and I can't put my finger exactly on when, it will from time to time quit working. I'll switch from the host to the other pc both W10 -- different versions -- and the mouse /...
  8. Loosing connection for a while

Loosing connection for a while: Hello. Iam loosing connection with an internet for a couple of seconds every time I connect to the VPN, Steam or starting a few other applications. I had this same problem with Win8 and now with fresh Win10 but not with Win7. What can cause this behavior? As you can see there...
  9. internet is incredibly slow or loose connection

internet is incredibly slow or loose connection: After I downloaded Windows 10 pro, downloading anything from the internet is incredibly slow or I loose connection completely. Please advise. Thanks, 16565
  10. keep loosing internet

keep loosing internet: after the third upgrade and trying this and that I have had to go back to win 7. I keep loosing my internet connection and tried all the realtek lan drivers(from gigabyte mother board disk, driver genius, uninstalled and let win 10 find it). I keep getting an error message...