Windows 10: Loosing Wifi

Discus and support Loosing Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Tech Support, I bought a used laptop. I wiped it out and reinstalled applications. Since day 1 ,my wifi keeps dropping. I've tried to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LindaVeraldi, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Loosing Wifi

Hello Tech Support,

I bought a used laptop. I wiped it out and reinstalled applications. Since day 1 ,my wifi keeps dropping. I've tried to reset the modem. I did some cmd commands to reset ipv6, catalog, etc. and its still happening. My drivers are UTD.

I'm loosing my patience. I have noticied that when the icon shoes disconnect, when I double click on it shows me what address are available. My will say connected when it's not. The only fix for me lately is to click disconnect and reconnected.

It doesn't last long What could it be?

Thanks in advance!

:)

LindaVeraldi, Apr 18, 2020
  2. klong915 Win User

loose start menu, and wifi

Hi,
    I loose start menu and wifi for unknown reasons. I can get theses back following on line blog:
    in power shell- Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

wifi is re-established by reloading drivers.

All is fine for some time then both occur again. Why is win 10 loosing this set-up?

Thanks,
    Keith

klong915, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Loosing WiFi connectivity after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding you loose you internet connection as soon as you charge your laptop.

I suggest you try the methods below and check if issue persist.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “ Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Check and see if this resolves your issue, if not perform method 2.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers

• On the search bar type “Device Manager”.
          • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
          • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall
          • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Regards

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Loosing Wifi

LAPTOP LOOSES WIFI WHILST OTHERS STILL CONNECT

my laptop sometimes looses wifi connection when in sleep or shut down. it no longer sees the router (no longer in the network list) even though 2 other devices happily make the connection. restarting the router usually fixes the problem.

MarcPrimaroh, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Loosing Wifi

1. Loosing Wifi - Similar Threads - Loosing Wifi

2. How do I prevent loosing LAN features when I prioritize WiFi over LAN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent loosing LAN features when I prioritize WiFi over LAN?: I’m trying to get my server a dedicated internet connection while’s my other systems can still access it via lan. I tried to simply connect a WiFi network to it while’s keeping the lan connected but discovered that windows always prioritized LAN connections over WiFi.so I...
  3. How do I prevent loosing LAN features when I prioritize WiFi over LAN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent loosing LAN features when I prioritize WiFi over LAN?: I’m trying to get my server a dedicated internet connection while’s my other systems can still access it via lan. I tried to simply connect a WiFi network to it while’s keeping the lan connected but discovered that windows always prioritized LAN connections over WiFi.so I...
  4. Wifi Connection keeps on loosing and reconnecting every second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Connection keeps on loosing and reconnecting every second: I have asus laptop with Windows 11. My Wifi connection keeps on loosing and reconnecting every second, and it's not some error with the Wifi as the other laptops/ computers in the house hold are not affected. I tried using the laptop with another wifi router as well, and it...
  5. Wifi Connection keeps on loosing and reconnecting every second

Wifi Connection keeps on loosing and reconnecting every second: I have asus laptop with Windows 11. My Wifi connection keeps on loosing and reconnecting every second, and it's not some error with the Wifi as the other laptops/ computers in the house hold are not affected. I tried using the laptop with another wifi router as well, and it...
  6. Windows 11 keep loosing wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keep loosing wifi: HiI've recently went from Windows 10 to 11 and I have an issueMy PC keep disconnecting from the WI-FI it can goes from once a day to once every 20 min.Most of the time, turning on then off airplane mode fix it, but it will disconnect again in a few.I've tried everything to...
  7. Windows 11 keep loosing wifi

Windows 11 keep loosing wifi: HiI've recently went from Windows 10 to 11 and I have an issueMy PC keep disconnecting from the WI-FI it can goes from once a day to once every 20 min.Most of the time, turning on then off airplane mode fix it, but it will disconnect again in a few.I've tried everything to...
  8. I Loose PC internet connection when sharing my wifi with VoIp phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Loose PC internet connection when sharing my wifi with VoIp phone: Hello, I have my Voip phone connected via Ethernet from my PC and to the phone and my PC is connected to wifi. I used to be able to just share the Wifi connection and have the phone and my internet work. Recently, when I share my wifi with the phone, the phone starts working,...
  9. I Loose PC internet connection when sharing my wifi with VoIp phone

I Loose PC internet connection when sharing my wifi with VoIp phone: Hello, I have my Voip phone connected via Ethernet from my PC and to the phone and my PC is connected to wifi. I used to be able to just share the Wifi connection and have the phone and my internet work. Recently, when I share my wifi with the phone, the phone starts working,...
  10. I Loose PC internet connection when sharing my wifi with VoIp phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing