Windows 10: Loosing Windows 10 Restore Points

Discus and support Loosing Windows 10 Restore Points in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I seem to be loosing my Windows 10 Restore Points. Here is my story: I manually created the 1st restore point on 8 Jan 2019 I manually created the 2nd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by DanMcD, Feb 2, 2020.

1. DanMcD Win User

Loosing Windows 10 Restore Points

I seem to be loosing my Windows 10 Restore Points.

Here is my story:
    I manually created the 1st restore point on 8 Jan 2019
    I manually created the 2nd restore point on 11 Jan 2019
    In addition, I manually created a 3rd & 4th restore point two weeks later

But, only the 3rd & 4th restore points show up (along with one done when a Windows update was performed).

I have my system set to 92 GB max usage and my system says only 2.56 GB has been used.

Does anyone know what is going on here.

I would like to keep 2 months worth of restore points.

:)

DanMcD, Feb 2, 2020
  2. milford Win User

Restore Point question

I have restore point space limited to 2Gigs on my Tablet. I've noticed that when a new restore point is created at the top of the list, an old one is removed from the bottom of the list. Sooner or later, I will end up with totally new restore points. Is there a way to save one specific restore point, and not loose it? (without actually backing up (not an option on my Tablet) ).

milford, Feb 2, 2020
  3. jellyroll Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CLoosing Windows 10 Restore Points :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CLoosing Windows 10 Restore Points :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, Loosing Windows 10 Restore Points :)

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Loosing Windows 10 Restore Points - Similar Threads - Loosing Restore Points

2. Windows restore point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows restore point: Sorry if it's a stupid question, What happens if I create a restore point, install some files that have malware or viruses, if I return to the restore point will I still have malware and viruses on my PC? submitted by /u/whyudozis2me [link] [comments]...
  3. Restore point for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restore point for Windows 10: I'd like to restore my computer back at least 6 months https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point-for-windows-10/ab9d4311-c15f-4f08-8771-573a06b9529b
  4. Corruption of Windows 10 Restore Points

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Corruption of Windows 10 Restore Points: I am currently running Windows 10 v1909 Build 18363.720 x64 on my Dell Inspiron 3670, and I'm having issues regarding corruption of Windows' 10 restore points. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH] Dell have been looking into this issue on my behalf and come up with the...
  5. Loosing System Restore Points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loosing System Restore Points: I keep loosing system restore points. I only get to save 4 restore points that go back 30 days, even though I have set the disk space usage to handle over 15 restore points points. Why is this happening? In windows 7, I could save 3 months worth of restore points and I...
  6. Restore system. Will I loose windows 10?

Restore system. Will I loose windows 10?: I have purchased a used computer and the guy did not delete anything off of it. I want to do restore system but I dont know if I will loose windows 10 since it is not its original operating system. It was upgraded from windows 7....
  7. restore points in windows 10

restore points in windows 10: My restore points only go back to June 20, 2019 and there are only two of them how do I access additional older restore points, specifically to 5.20.19? Thanks...
  8. Restore point for Windows 10

Restore point for Windows 10: I recently received another Windows 10 update and since then my laptop freezes from time to time when I'm working on either Outlook, Excel or Word. I can't work like this it takes so long throughout the day. I tried to do a restore but it seems I don't have any restore points...
  9. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  10. Windows 10 - Restore Points

Windows 10 - Restore Points: Owning to the many updates for this OS, my restore points seems to disappear. Where are they located? So that I can save them in case of problems - saving me time to re-install (it takes around 2-3 days). In the last 3 months I've had to re-install the OS 6 times....