Windows 10: Lose audio when I open a game.

Discus and support Lose audio when I open a game. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Lose audio and microphone throughout my whole pc when opening a game like fall guys or among us. I have my earphones plugged into my ps5 controller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ryan Moffett, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Lose audio when I open a game.

Lose audio and microphone throughout my whole pc when opening a game like fall guys or among us. I have my earphones plugged into my ps5 controller otherwise my audio is bad but doesnt happen with fortnite and apex legends. I have checked the input and output devices, which are correct. So to get audio back I just have to adjust the volume of my PC and microphone. I have also tried with ds4 windows. My controller also changed to a blue colour when I open fall guys or among us but not with fortnite and apex legends. Any help?

:)

Ryan Moffett, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 30, 2022
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    No audio in 'Asphalt 7: Heat'

Hi Moezul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Does the audio work in other applications?

If you are not able to hear the audio in any applications. I would suggest to check with the steps below and see if it resolves your issue.

Steps:

1. Check if the audio driver is updated. Follow the steps mentioned in the article to update audio drivers.

Update drivers in Windows 10

2. The issue can occur if the appropriate playback device is not selected. Click the
      Sound icon (bottom right corner of the screen), click Playback device and select the appropriate device from the menu.
    3. Check the In-game audio settings to confirm if the sound is turned
      on.
    4. Check the Volume levels in the system's Volume Mixer to confirm that it is not turned
      off and the levels are appropriate. Right click on the Sound icon and select
      Open volume mixer. Adjust the settings as per your requirements.

If the audio issue is only with the game, I would suggest to get in touch with the
    game developer
    to get a confirmation on this.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Lose audio when I open a game.

AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

Lose audio when I open a game.

1. Lose audio when I open a game. - Similar Threads - Lose audio open

2. When trying to open a game i get "Failed to initialize DirectX Audio"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to open a game i get "Failed to initialize DirectX Audio": Hi! A couple week's ago i had a problem with my power source in my pc, so i had to change it for a new one wich i was able to a couple days ago but since the first moment i started the pc i had no audio at all, no matter what i do i can't find the problem i updated every...
  3. When trying to open a game i get "Failed to initialize DirectX Audio"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to open a game i get "Failed to initialize DirectX Audio": Hi! A couple week's ago i had a problem with my power source in my pc, so i had to change it for a new one wich i was able to a couple days ago but since the first moment i started the pc i had no audio at all, no matter what i do i can't find the problem i updated every...
  4. When trying to open a game i get "Failed to initialize DirectX Audio"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Aipods 3 audio error drops when opening game

Aipods 3 audio error drops when opening game: The error starts when I open a game, for example I have YouTube listening to a podcast and at the same time I open a game Halo infinite and the audio of the podcast that I was listening to is very bad but the audio of the game is normal as if the audio of the game overcame...
  6. i was download a game by microsoft store. when i open my game the game was not open and the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i was download a game by microsoft store. when i open my game the game was not open and the...: i was download a game by microsoft store. when i open my game the game was not open and the microsoft store was open. so what i do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-download-a-game-by-microsoft-store-when-i/7f553c6c-f18d-445c-bc37-81c010349e04
  7. i was download a game by microsoft store. when i open my game the game was not open and the...

i was download a game by microsoft store. when i open my game the game was not open and the...: i was download a game by microsoft store. when i open my game the game was not open and the microsoft store was open. so what i do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-download-a-game-by-microsoft-store-when-i/7f553c6c-f18d-445c-bc37-81c010349e04
  8. Lose audio when I open a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lose audio when I open a game.: Lose audio and microphone throughout my whole pc when opening a game like fall guys or among us. I have my earphones plugged into my ps5 controller otherwise my audio is bad but doesnt happen with fortnite and apex legends. I have checked the input and output devices, which...
  9. When ever I open certain applications I lose audio in my Bluetooth headphones

When ever I open certain applications I lose audio in my Bluetooth headphones: This repeatedly happened when I was using Call of Duty Modern Warfare when I opened the application I could no longer get sound from my Bluetooth headphones but when I closed it they worked normally...
  10. I lose sound when changing audio device

I lose sound when changing audio device: Whenever I change from my speakers to headphones or vice versa I completely lose sound, or even if I just unplug and replug my headphones or speakers, the only solution being to restart my computer. I've made sure to update all the drivers, even uninstalling and...